Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Damian Lillard - A Sacto Workout to drool over

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    How often does Shawn Marion get his jumper blocked? And he shoots from his freakin' chin. His shot looks like a chest pass, lol.

There should be zero concern over Lillard's release point, especially considering his ability to create space for himself.
    Marion was the same example that came to my mind.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Marion was the same example that came to my mind.
    Right, but how often do you see Marion taking (let alone hitting) pull up jump shots off the dribble. I'm not saying this is make or break or anything -- all good players adjust over time -- but it is worth noting, especially since he is 6 or 7 inches shorter than Marion.

Also, can you imagine him trying to get his shot off while being guarded by Battier? Durant has a hard enough time, and he's 6'10 with a lighting quick release.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Battier's a good defender in general though. Whether you've got a high release, or a low release, Battier will make your life difficult.

The pull-up jumper isn't a big part of Marion's game, but he doesn't have Lillard-like handles to set it up either.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lilliard is a Blazer, book it, the Warriors don't need a PG or backup PG, they have S.Curry and C.Jenkins, they will draft either Barnes or Sullinger at 7 and if Barnes is drafted by the Cavs, they will be looking for a SG in B.Beal. I think Lilliard, Beal and Barnes will be gone b4 8 and if that's the case, we are left with (Sullinger, Rivers, Lamb, Marshall, PJIII), 2nd tier talents. I say, we must either trade up to nab one of Lilliard, Beal or Barnes, if not, we trade down with one of Jose Calderon or JJ Johnson + our pick for a young PG (Holiday [I wish], Jennings [possibly], T.Evans [possibly]) + pick (SF, Harkless, T.Jones, R.White, J.Taylor)

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're left with no other choice but to move DeMar, I think he could net us a solid rotation piece. Based on his youth and modest scoring numbers, I would imagine a lot of teams would be interested if officially placed on the market.
    Isnt Demar a solid rotation piece?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    Right, but how often do you see Marion taking (let alone hitting) pull up jump shots off the dribble. I'm not saying this is make or break or anything -- all good players adjust over time -- but it is worth noting, especially since he is 6 or 7 inches shorter than Marion.

Also, can you imagine him trying to get his shot off while being guarded by Battier? Durant has a hard enough time, and he's 6'10 with a lighting quick release.
    I don't think Battier -- particularly at this stage of his career -- could keep Lillard in front of him. Not many SF's could -- maybe Tony Allen, maybe Lebron. I think Lillard is quick enough to get to the rim on just about anyone.
    Last edited by Thomas A.; Fri Jun 15th, 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Isnt Demar a solid rotation piece?
    He is, but if someone we draft quickly proves to be a better SG than DeRozan, then I think trading him is the better option rather than pushing him to the bench and limiting him to 20 mpg.

And I don't think DeRozan can play SF.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He is, but if someone we draft quickly proves to be a better SG than DeRozan, then I think trading him is the better option rather than pushing him to the bench and limiting him to 20 mpg.

And I don't think DeRozan can play SF.
    Oh you mean after the draft, sorry, i thought you were saying trade him in anticipation of getting an SG in the draft.

Oh yeah, he wont be able to keep up with LBJ and Durant.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh you mean after the draft, sorry, i thought you were saying trade him in anticipation of getting an SG in the draft.

Yeah I meant after the draft, for example if Beal suddenly dropped to us at 8th (wishful thinking, I know...). Then I wouldn't be opposed to trading DeRozan to help fill another area of need.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No one can keep up with those too

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

no we keep derozan for the dynamic duo of DeRozan and Lillard.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW. Dude has a nice stroke. Good arc on his release point. Nice handles. Looks very strong, and is quick as a mother. Nice touch too.

Him, Austin Rivers, Perry Jones III? Any of those three I would LOVE on this team right now.

Thread Information