Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gerald Wallace to become UFA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i think when this happens the cba should force players here. i think giving them the option to just say "not going there" is ridiculous. fuck kenny anderson, fuck gerald wallace and super fuck with some kind of medieval sex/torture stick alonzo mourning
    Lol

Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i think when this happens the cba should force players here. i think giving them the option to just say "not going there" is ridiculous. fuck kenny anderson, fuck gerald wallace and super fuck with some kind of medieval sex/torture stick alonzo mourning
    I'd like to add Steve Francis to that list. He's responsible for Canada losing one of it's teams.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AlienOverlord wrote: View Post
    I'd like to add Steve Francis to that list. He's responsible for Canada losing one of it's teams.
    That might be one of the worst moments in sport history. Him crying tears of sadness after being drafted.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve francis was a dick and he amounted to nothing. He got what he deserved

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah steve francis was a punk. feel bad for vancouver about it. do you think (pure hypothetical here)... beal is bpa when we draft and says in no uncertain terms like lindros or francis that he wont want to come to toronto would bc still grab him?

Raptors Republic Rookie Demar_8756's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont want him, too old...No more signing old players pleaseee Ratpors organization.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm totally okay with Wallace not wanting to play here...but putting that out there in the public does the team damage so he should be fined and the money should go to the offended team. Just as they fine players for speaking out against the officiating which is no where near as damaging, they should have a gag order on players about where they don't want to play.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AlienOverlord wrote: View Post
    Francis was a douche, but Stu Jackson is the one who's responsible for the loss of the Grizzlies. Why would you draft a player who told you repeatedly that he's not interested in playing for you?

And don't get me started on Big Country...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    He doesn't want to play in Toronto, so let it go. Dude is insanely overrated anyways.
    + 1

yup can't shoot and is in decline. great hustle guy for a number of years but I would not want to be tied to him moving forward.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

His brain is also one inadvertent elbow away from being mush.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with Gerald Wallace is he's on the declining part of his career and no one on the Raptors are in their prime yet. Most of our guys are probably 3-4 years from that and by that time Gerald Wallace will be retired.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

This is exactly why I am against trading the pick for any of the mentioned SF trades in here.

Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for a quality SF, Wallace is on the decline so I'd pass on him. Funny that peeps are bringing up Francis, I just wrote a little blurb about him the other day on my blog. What a bag of crap!
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Post Thanks / Like

Francis didn't kill the Grizzlies anyway. Even if he showed up and played hard that team would have still been mismanaged.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that any SF targeted should have the Raptors longer term future in mind than just the next couple seasons, but I don't think it's fair to lump Gay (26 next season), Batum (23/24), or Chandler (25) into the same 'washed up / too old' category as Wallace (30) and Iguodala (28/29). Even if you give the team another 2-3 seasons to reach potential, those players would only then be in their late 20's, and it's not as though their games are entirely predicated on speed/athleticism.

Deng is borderline due to the combination of his age (27/28), salary and, IMO, just not being as good all around as the other players on this list.

Evans is just a nutcase who should be avoided.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information