Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mock Draft Version 2.0 1 - 30 Stats Prediction

NOH - Anthony Davis - 18ppg, 6rpg, 2apg, 1spg, 1bpg
    Why: NOH will definitely pick this guy as he is the consensus No1 pick. With the current lineups they have, he will start at the PF, with a front court of Davis and Okafor and back court of Jack and E.Gordon, they look like a team that could go for a playoff push, they just need to bring a legit SF as opposed to T.Ariza. I'm guessing, it's either Kaman or Landry on their way out.

CHA - Thomas Robinson - 11ppg, 8rpg, 0.8apg, 1spg, 2bpg
    Why: CHA need to address their PF position since T.Thomas is not their PF of the future. Robinson looks really good along with Byombo and with Kemba Walker and G.Henderson as their backcourt of PG and SG, they will surprise a lot of teams and will battle for a playoff spot

WAS - Michael Kidd Gilchirist - 14ppg, 6rpg, 3apg, 2spg, 1bpg
    Why: WAS will part with R.Lewis and I'm not surprised if A.Blatche is involved with the trade to net them a veteran PF (K.Garnett, T.Duncan, or Elton Brand). The Wizards are known as a soft team for years and bringing this kid in the team will definitely change the face of the Wizards, MKG does a little bit of everything, not a terrific scorer but a hustler in defense, could be a poor man's Luol Deng in his rookie season, he would play well with the former Kentucky PG in John Wall.

CLE - Bradley Beal - 12ppg, 4rpg, 4apg, 4spg, 0.5bpg
    Why: CLE definitely need a new SF in Harrison Barnes if he's available and it looks like he is; however with Bradley Beal on board, the Cavs will not hesitate and draft this young Gator who could shoot the lights out anywhere and with K.Irving, a great passer, Beal will eventually become an all-star. With a similar game like E.Gordon, Beal has terrific stroke and high basketball IQ, let's just hope he's not injury prone.

SAC - Andre Drummond - 8ppg, 10rpg, 2apg, 2spg, 3bpg
    Why: SAC really like this kid when he came for the workout, although he sounded very humble, let's hope he brings some tenacity to the team. Drummond would look good with Cousins on paper but on the court, who knows. Cousins is very talented but lazy while Drummond has a lot of energy. If the Kings draft this guy, they just need pass-first PG not named Fredette, possibly sign S.Nash from the Suns or J.Lin from the Knicks.

POR - Damien Lilliard - 10ppg, 2rpg, 4apg, 2spg, 1bpg
    Why: POR needs a center and a guard and with A.Drummond gone, they are for sure be going for a guard. There are not lot of guards in this draft who deserves to be in the top 10 but with the emerging workout of D.Lilliard, The Blazers will not hesitate and draft this kid. D.Lilliard. Lilliard can go anywhere from 5-10, although the Raptors would like to get this guy but it looks like the Blazers will beat the Raptors to it, damn.

GSW - Perry Jones III - 6ppg, 3rpg, 2apg, 1spg, 2bpg
    Why: GSW needs a SF upgrade but they are not desperate for a SF that could change the face of this franchise. S.Curry and K.Thompson are signed for long term and they have A.Bogut and D.Lee, Perry Jones would fit perfectly for this franchise. Although, they are keen on drafting H.Barnes but P.Jones just have too much untapped talent and he would look good as a Warriors, perhaps the new coach of the Warriors can bring some sense in this young guy.

TOR - Harrison Barnes - 13ppg, 5rpg, 2apg, 2spg, 2bpg
    Why: TOR needs an upgrade at the SF and backup PG and with H.Barnes on the board, they will not hesitate and draft this guy. Although, many other mocks having us drafting either J.Lamb and D.Waiters at No8 but Harrison Barnes is too good to pass at No8. A once projected No1 pick in the 2012 draft, Barnes' stock has fallen way down the chart, let's hope under a good coach in D.Casey, Barnes will flourish and become that SF that the Raptors desperately need.

DET - Austin Rivers - 14ppg, 3rpg, 4apg, 3spg, 1bpg
    Why: DET is looking for a SG to replace B.Gordon and they will be looking to trade R.Stuckey and T.Prince for a PF this summer. Rivers is exactly what the Pistons need, a terrific shooter and mediocre defender, he and B.Knight will shoot the lights out for the Pistons while assisting both G.Monroe and their PF.

NOH - Terrence Jones - 7ppg, 5rpg, 2apg, 1spg, 2bpg
    Why: NOH selects A.Davis with their 1st round pick and to keep this guy happy for the long term, they will bring his Kentucky buddy Terrence Jones along the way at No10. T.Jones can go anywhere from 10-20 and it looks like he just hit the jackpot. This guy is an energizer and could come off the bench for T.Ariza and provide the Hornets with tough defense and energy especially in the Western conference.

POR - Jarred Sullinger - 9ppg, 6rpg, 1apg, 1spg, 3bpg
    Why: POR selects D.Lilliard as their future PG and with G.Oden out of the team, they are desperately thin at the back court and Sullinger is their answer, the only question is how can he coexist with L.Aldridge or will the Blazers play the new style of PF/C in the league by playing both Aldridge and Sullinger together.

MIL - Jeremy Lamb - 8ppg, 3rpg, 2apg, 2spg, 0.8bpg
    Why: MIL will draft J.Lamb if he's available and it looks like Lamb has chopped his stock to an all time low. The first thing the Bucks need to do in the summer is resign Ilyasova to multi-year contract to secure their SF position. J.Lamb will struggle in his rookie season as in he will sub in for M.Ellis but he could be their future SG/SF if M.Ellis demand a trade.

PHX - Dion Waiters - 12ppg, 1rpg, 2apg, 3spg, 0.5bpg
    Why: PHX has promised D.Waiters in the summer workout and if all the cards play right, Waiters is for sure a Suns. D.Waiters is a traditionally a PG but he's a terrific shooter and could immediately start for the team in exchange of the washed up Childress. The question for the Suns is will Nash resign with the team if the Suns can bring a team of players that surround the good ole veteran.

HOU - Kendall Marshall - 7ppg, 1rpg, 4apg, 2spg, 0.5bpg
    Why: HOU will depart Dragic and possibly K.Lowry this summer so they desperately need a PG that can facilitate the floor. K.Marshall is a terrific passer and he would look good as a Rocket. K.Marshall would look with Kevin Martin, however i don't know if it's good enough to make the Rockets to the playoff, possibly they will be back at the lottery next year.

PHI - John Henson - 11ppg, 5rpg, 2apg, 2spg, 2bpg
    Why: PHI will have to depart with E.Brand sooner or later and with John Henson on board, they just might part ways of the aging veteran. Henson will surprise a lot of teams for not drafting him in the top 5. I think Henson is an all round PF and will possibly become a poor man's Chris Bosh in his early rookie campaign, question is which team can dig the talent out of this gem.

HOU - Tyler Zeller - 3ppg, 3rpg, 1apg, 1spg, 2bpg
    Why: HOU select K.Marshall earlier on and they are sure to look for a PF and with Henson off the board, next come to the board is fellow TarHeels in T.Zeller. Zeller will be a bust in the league but he's a great locker room guy and that's perhaps what the Rockets need at the moment when they have L.Scola and P.Patterson, Zeller is their 3rd PF and could bring some bench cheering night in, night out. Hey, if they are back in the lottery next year, they could collect the set of T.Zeller and his brother C.Zeller.

DAL - Arnett Moultrie - 8ppg, 3rpg, 1apg, 2spg, 1bpg
    Why: DAL has too many veterans with respect to every position it come to mind, they will not get younger and they will have to come up with something fast. Nowtizki is getting older as years goes by and I think Moultrie will be that guy who can step up and become their PF of the future. Moultire is a talent and can go anywhere from 10-20 and with this stock slipping, the Mavericks definitely steal this kid and run.

MIN - Meyers Leonard - 8ppg, 5rpg, 2apg, 1spg, 2bpg
    Why: MIN is looking for a center and it sure looks like Leonard is on board. M.Leonard's stock is declining possibly due to his unimpressive workout this summer, Leonard can surprise a few teams and playing along with K.Love is just what the Wolves need. Leonard can replace D.Milicic or any of their C in the starting lineup early in the season, and possibly earn a spot in the rookie versus sophomore game challenge.

ORL - Terrence Ross - 11ppg, 3rpg, 2apg, 1spg, 1bpg
    Why: ORL will for sure not miss this kid when he's on board at No19. Terrence Ross can go anywhere from 10-20 and it looks like his stock has fallen to the Magic. Ross brings defense and great scoring ability to the team, and with the declining of J.Richardson, Ross could start for the team in mid season and finish the season strong, the question is will they keep D.Howard and rumors has it they might bring Deron Williams on board. Ross and D.Will will be great backcourt PG and SG for the Magic for years to come.

DEN - Marquis Teague - 5ppg, 1rpg, 2apg, 2spg, 0.6bpg
    Why: DEN will look for a backup PG when the 100 year old jk, A.Miller is looking for a trade or retire. M.Teague like his brother will struggle in this league early in their career but will definitely rise from the ashes and make a difference in this league. Teague unlike his brother is a great scorer and could play the SG, with Lawson injured, Teague will for sure to be a great backup for this team when playoff comes around.

BOS - Moe Harkless - 6ppg, 3rpg, 1apg, 1spg, 1bpg
    Why: BOS is looking for SF when their big three depart from the team and it looks like two of them just might in K.Garnett and R.Allen. Harkless is a great athlete and with the aging veteran P.Pierce still on the team, he could provide some important tutelage for this young kid. I see their future on Rondo-SG-Harkless-Green-C to keep the Celtics franchise alive.

BOS - Doron Lamb - 9ppg, 2rpg, 3apg, 2spg, 0.5bpg
    Why: BOS has two draft picks back to back and with Moe Harkless on the team, they will look for a backup SG if Ray Ray demands a trade. Lamb is a terrific solid shooter and he will be looking for a championship team to play with and it looks like he just landed himself a Celtic. Lamb may struggle as the season progress but will look to either start or come off the bench and play huge minutes in sub for Ray Ray or another SG (if Ray Ray is traded).

ATL - Drew Gordon - 6ppg, 3rpb, 1apg, 1spg, 2bpg
    Why: ATL better keep Josh Smith for another year if they want to make the playoff or they can trade both Josh Smith and M.Williams for R.Gay or Camelo Anthony in the summer, with Josh Smith out of the picture, the Hawks are thin at the PF/C position. Horford is a 4 but plays the 5 position and I think the Hawks should get this Hispanic kid in D.Gordon. Gordon surprised a lot of teams in the summer workout for his maturity and his eager to play in the league, he could be the Taj Gibson of this year's draft.

CLE - Quincy Miller - 10ppg, 2rpb, 3apg, 2spg, 1bpg
    Why: CLE better get this kid in the draft, even with the torn ACL, I see Q.Miller to have a fantastic career in this league, a possibly steal for the Cavs, Quincy Miller provide them everything from shooting the lights out with K.Irving and B.Beal on board. The Cavs will sure look a team that can make a playoff run late in the season. I see Q.Miller to finish his season with 10+ ppg so he can prove to this league that he's worth something in the league, a once projected to be a top 5 in the draft.

MEM - Fab Melo - 4ppg, 8rpg, 2apg, 2spg, 2bpg
    Why: MEM are thin at the 5 spot. Gasol can't play 30+ minutes per game so they are desperately in need for a C. Most PF and C are drafted in the top 10-15 round and the left overs are not looking that great, Melo is a terrific re bounder for the Syracuse Orange and it looks like the Grizzlies just might take this guy and run.

IND - Jeffery Taylor - 5ppg, 4rpg, 1apg, 2spg, 1bpg
    Why: IND will be looking for a backup SF in case Granger bolt for another team. The Pacers made a terrific playoff run and they are looking for some key backups, their 1-2 spot are already locked with Collison, Hill, Barbosa and George. Taylor is a great backup and once projected to be a lottery pick, his stock has fallen and the Pacers will for sure nab this kid.

MIA - Festus Ezeli - 5ppg, 5rpb, 1apg, 1spg, 2bpg
    Why: MIA is really thin at the center spot and not acquiring S.Dalembart or T.Chandler last summer sure give Bosh a hell lot of work to do when it comes to rebounding and defense. Both J.Anthony and D.Pittman are not answers for the team and with Festus Ezeli on board, the Heat will for sure acquire this guy and make the three trio's life easy when their defense are in need. Ezeli plays great defense and he will for sure make a nice contribution for the Heat when their dire need is rebounding and defense.

OKC - Tony Wroten - 8ppg, 2rpb, 2apg, 2spg, 1bpg
    Why: OKC will draft this guy if he's available at No 28. He is the Gilbert Arenas, Monta Ellis, Tony Parker of the draft, a late pick but with all star potential. Wroten will be a nice backup for Harden and it looks like OKC Thunder just keep on getting better and could be lock for championship run for years to come.

CHI - Tyshawn Taylor - 4ppg, 1rpb, 2apg, 2spg, 1bpg
    Why: CHI will be looking for a PG either through draft or trade or FA and most likely it will be the latter two but with the playoff injury prone D.Rose, the Bulls will stock this year's draft with a PG. A projected 2nd rounder will move to the late 1st rounder in Tyshawn Taylor, he's a great passer and scorer and will not be overlooked in this league, the Bulls should be happy with this draft.

GSW - Draymond Green - 6ppg, 2rpb, 1apg, 2spg, 1bpg
    Why: GSW select a talented SF in Perry Jones (also a project) with their 7th pick, if he does not pan out, they still have this kid. Draymond Green is a proven SF and played great in the NCAA tournament. He could be a steal for the Warriors with the last pick in the 1st round.

Bonus for the Raptors (2nd Round)
    TOR - Hollis Thompsons - 6ppg, 1rpb, 2apg, 2spg, 0.5bpg
    Why: TOR selects H.Barnes in the first round but they still need shooters and they will be looking for some 2nd round gem and the first that comes in mind is this kid who looks like a Dorrel Wright clone. Hollis Thompsons is a great shooter and the Raptors are in dire need for a shooter, enough said.

TOR - Miles Plumlee (late 2nd round) - 2ppg, 2rpb, 1apg, 0.5spg, 1bpg
    Why: TOR has two 2nd rounder and with their late 2nd rounder, not a lot of option are available. If they are looking to trade E.Davis or Amir for a backup PG, they will need a 3rd string PF and it looks like Miles Plumlee might be available for the team. He is our E.Montross or Michael Bradley 2.0 in this year's draft but unlike the previous two, M.Plumlee have a lot of growth and definitely coach-able, he could be better than E.Davis.

I actually agree with most of them, but i dont think GSW will take pj3 over barnes. If barnes does get that far, GSW will pick him up. Pj3 if still a big "what if" kinda pick.

Comment

lots of work done here and a better thread then your trade scenarios. i agree with a lot but i don't know if pj3 will climb so high or tross will fall so low. love how we end with barnes though. i also think lamb might fall

Comment

Charlotte contending for a playoff is hilarious. Adding Robinson won't do shit for their team in his rookie season. They will win maybe 20 games at most. Raptors definitely will though

Comment

OKC drafting Tony Wroten is very interesting.

Good job with this, must have taken a lot of time.

Comment

Some stats predictions are really weird, for instance AD averaging 18 points / 6 rebounds / 1 block? I'd say more like 14 points / 11 rebounds / 3 blocks?

Nevertheless, really big post, good job on it!

Comment

Very good work!!! I wish it went down that way... sadly it won't

Comment

I'm just curious cuz I don't really watch March Madness, but can Davis really average 18 PPG in the NBA? I have no doubt that he can get 6 RPG and 1 BPG, but from what I've heard, he isn't as refined offensively as he is on the defensive end. I was expecting like 12-15 PPG. Can someone explain to me if he is actually offensive ready for the NBA to average 18 PPG?

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  I'm just curious cuz I don't really watch March Madness, but can Davis really average 18 PPG in the NBA? I have no doubt that he can get 6 RPG and 1 BPG, but from what I've heard, he isn't as refined offensively as he is on the defensive end. I was expecting like 12-15 PPG. Can someone explain to me if he is actually offensive ready for the NBA to average 18 PPG?
                  i dont think he will get 10 ppg his first year. his measuring stick should be blocks and rebounds which is where he can dominate

Comment

Stellar work! This is the first mock draft I have seen that makes any sense.
                    I hope you are right about Barnes falling.

Comment

I may not agree with all your picks/rationale, but I commend you on your work and analysis. To each their own.

My disagreement starts with #2. I would be shocked if Charlotte doesn't take either Beal or MKG. As for Robinson, I think Washington is the only team in the top-6 that would take him, otherwise I see him slipping to GSW @ #7.

My take on the top-8, since that's really all I care about for now:

--> I see a pretty clear top-7 prospects (in alpha order): Barnes, Beal, Davis, Drummond, Lillard, MKG, Robinson

New Orleans - Davis

Charlotte - Beal or MKG

Washington - Beal or MKG or Robinson

Cleveland - Barnes or Beal

Sacramento - MKG or Barnes or Drummond or Lillard

Portland - Beal or MKG or Lillard or Drummond

--> basically I see Robinson, Lillard or Drummond as the most likely to drop to #7

Golden State - Beal or MKG or Barnes or Robinson or Drummond (if any of them drop), otherwise Sullinger or PJIII (if Lillard is the one that drops)

Toronto - Lillard (if available), otherwise they will have to select from the next tier of players (Lamb, PJIII, Rivers, Waiters, Marshall)... in which case I would lean even more heavily towards trading the pick
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jun 15, 2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

First line ... anthony Davis ... 18 points? ... 1 Block per game? ... aaaaaand done reading.
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Admittedly I don't know much about college players, but you might be being a bit generous by projecting each rookie taken in the first round to all average at least 2 stl+blks. That said, good work on this.

Comment

Alexander wrote: View Post
                            Admittedly I don't know much about college players, but you might be being a bit generous by projecting each rookie taken in the first round to all average at least 2 stl+blks. That said, good work on this.
                            Generous??? lol

Only 4 players averaged 2+ blocks per game all season (Ibaka, McGee, Howard and Jordan).
                            Only 2 players averaged 2+ steals per game all season (Paul and Conley).

Those are some pretty good rookies coming out! I especially love Beal's projection of 4 steals per game, which would be almost double Conley's 2nd best stat of 2.19 steals per game this past season! Note: tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              I may not agree with all your picks/rationale, but I commend you on your work and analysis. To each their own.

My disagreement starts with #2. I would be shocked if Charlotte doesn't take either Beal or MKG. As for Robinson, I think Washington is the only team in the top-6 that would take him, otherwise I see him slipping to GSW @ #7.

My take on the top-8, since that's really all I care about for now:

--> I see a pretty clear top-7 prospects (in alpha order): Barnes, Beal, Davis, Drummond, Lillard, MKG, Robinson

New Orleans - Davis

Charlotte - Beal or MKG

Washington - Beal or MKG or Robinson

Cleveland - Barnes or Beal

Sacramento - MKG or Barnes or Drummond or Lillard

Portland - Beal or MKG or Lillard or Drummond

--> basically I see Robinson, Lillard or Drummond as the most likely to drop to #7

Golden State - Beal or MKG or Barnes or Robinson or Drummond (if any of them drop), otherwise Sullinger or PJIII (if Lillard is the one that drops)

Toronto - Lillard (if available), otherwise they will have to select from the next tier of players (Lamb, PJIII, Rivers, Waiters, Marshall)... in which case I would lean even more heavily towards trading the pick
                              Losing that coin flip to GSW could end up being very costly if we have to draft into that next tier. Hopefully GSW has a brain fart and decides to go after PJ3 instead of Barnes/Lillard/Beal

Comment

Working...
                              X