Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Interested in Brandon Roy?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone Interested in Brandon Roy?

“Lord willing, I will play again soon,” Roy wrote in a series of tweets. “Yes, I’m preparing for a comeback. I’m training daily. I’m preparing for a return next year. I appreciate the love. Hopefully I’ll be back on the floor soon. Health is good.”
    Brandon Roy is able to join any team other than the Trailblazers. Anyone else interested in his comeback? He's would definitely be a good back up, and could possibly even push DD for his starters spot.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends who we draft, and what we pay him.

Post Thanks / Like

When he proves he's healthy and can pass a medical I'll have an opinion.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Depends who we draft, and what we pay him.
    Let's say we did either the Rudy Gay trade with JJ, #8 and Ed Davis. Would you be willing then and for how much?

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if he can get healthy, he is still a huge risk. I would say maybe a little less then Kleiza is making? Like 7 mil for 2 years with a team option.

Post Thanks / Like

Roy can hardly play 20 minutes a night.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Roy can hardly play 20 minutes a night.
    That's about the minutes that Barbosa logged last year coming off the bench at 7.6 million in salary.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Roy ever does play again he'll be going to a contender where he can contribute off the bench come playoff time. I see a team like Chicago, or San Antonio, or one of the LA teams being possible candidates.

Post Thanks / Like

this is kinda sad I think. I feel like he loves the game so much that he doesn't realize short of microfracture...he is done. His knees are bone on bone and although he may be able to train and play pickup games now...82 games would ruin him. I don't think we should be the team that he gets to find that out on. That being said if his problem is bone on bone I still don't get why microfracture hasn't been done...that drives me nuts

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember Roy's problems are due to lack of cartilage in his knees. I understand that there has been a lot of advancement in cart. replacement theraphy using stem cells. Kobe does not explicitly confirm this treatment other than he goes/went to Germany I believe for a procedure on his knee last year. China is another location where this can be done. As we know certain types of stem cells cannot be used in the US. It is a possibility that Roy may have been treated for his ailment. I hope so. He was a talent and I enjoyed his game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    That's about the minutes that Barbosa logged last year coming off the bench at 7.6 million in salary.
    And Barbosa could play in back to back games, in daily practices and over the rigours of an 82 game schedule

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to take a risk. He will know that the contract will be less than what he did earn because of his medical risk.

I like what someone said, a contract less than Kleiza's, playing 20-25 minutes a night starting or off the bench I don't mind. He was probably the best shooting guard in the league behind Kobe at one point. Incredible player. High risk, high reward signing. Sounds like the draft...

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he could help demar develop his game and take his place behind kobe(or hopefully take his place after he retires lol)

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Since we haven't struck gold in the draft (fingers crossed JV is the real deal) and are about to play our way out of the lottery I don't see why not. Realistically if BC only drafts a rookie @ 8, brings back Bayless and fills up the remaining roster spots their gonna be better then last year. That means outside of the top 10 in the draft for the next few years lowering our chances of a star player being drafted. Multiple young players improving dramatically (JV, 8th pick, Demar, Ed, JJ, Bayless) or packaging some of them for a star player are the only real option as free agency isn't going to be kind to TO until they start winning consistently. Taking a chance on a player like Brandon Roy (@ a reasonable price and contract length) has to be looked at IMO. Even if he can't play 30+ minutes or back to backs he could be a great piece. Worst case some of his craftiness and leadership rubs off on Demar and takes him to the next level.

Post Thanks / Like

look...if like three doctors will sign off saying his knees have improved, he proves it in an intense workout at the ACC with McKechnie signing off on the decision and he is willing to play restricted minutes I would gladly underpay to have him come off the bench.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    look...if like three doctors will sign off saying his knees have improved, he proves it in an intense workout at the ACC with McKechnie signing off on the decision and he is willing to play restricted minutes I would gladly underpay to have him come off the bench.
    If it's basically guaranteed that he's healthy again, I'm sure some idiot GM will overpay for Roy's services. I'm not sure I'm interested in a bidding war...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If it's basically guaranteed that he's healthy again, I'm sure some idiot GM will overpay for Roy's services. I'm not sure I'm interested in a bidding war...
    when Kobe says you are toughest person in the league to guard, you know he is gonna draw some interest. Although I am not a doctor, if he could embrace a sixth man role he may yet have an okay career.

But yeah I don't want Toronto to take a chance on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Roy and Oden both ooze talent, but have had their careers devestated by injuries. However, I assume they will both attract quite a bit of attention in the offseason... some teams will drool over their potential and the 'what if' scenarios that would see their injury troubles suddenly disappear, while other teams will limit their playing time to coax as much mileage out of them as possible. I hope and expect BC to stay well clear of both players (and probably Green, for that matter), as he tends to shy away from anybody with an injury concern (ie: Pietrus last offseason). I could see both Roy & Oden becoming small minute backups for contenders, such as Miami, Chicago or the Lakers.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Roy has some left in the tank after all...

Brandon Roy‘s retirement from the NBA looks like it might only last one season.

The former Portland Trail Blazers All-Star is apparently headed back to the league, with a host of teams interested in acquiring his services for the 2012-013 season and beyond.

The Bulls, Mavericks, Pacers and Timberwolves are all, according to Yahoo! Sports, among the teams doing their due diligence to investigate Roy’s readiness for action.
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...r-brandon-roy/
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha I like how the Wolves throw themselves in there like they're a respectable organization that could make Roy work for them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information