2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 7th Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 7th Overall Pick

So we're onto the 7th pick of the 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft and the Golden State Warriors are now on the clock. They look to add to a core of a healthy Steph Curry and Andrew Bogut, David Lee, Dorrell Wright and Andris Biedrins.

Raptors Republic, who do you think the Golden State Warriors will take with the #7th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft?
    Damian Lillard, PG, Weber State
    20.00%
    Jeremy Lamb, SG, Connecticut
    4.00%
    Perry Jones, SF/PF, Baylor
    44.00%
    Jared Sullinger, PF, Ohio State
    12.00%
    Terrence Jones, SF, Kentucky
    8.00%
    John Henson, PF, North Carolina
    12.00%
    Meyers Leonard, C, Illinois
    0.00%
    Tyler Zeller, C, North Carolina
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Sullinger, because:

1. I heard they were interested in him

2. They need some frontcourt depth due to the loss of Udoh and possibly Biedrins

3. I want the Raptors to get Lillard

Comment

GS needs a three to round out their roster.
      Honestly, I see them trading the pick, but if they do keep it I see them taking a chance with one of the Jones, most likely PJIII.

Comment

I voted PJ3 partly because I want Lillard to fall

But more so because I think GSW gambles on PJ3. They are looking for a 3, and they gambled on Bogut last year.. seems like a good fit between the two as well (PJ3 did work out for GSW if I recall)

Comment

I don't think it's Golden State who we have to worry about nabbing Lillard... it very well could be that Portland takes him with pick #6.

From realgm.com:
          Damian Lillard looks like a perfect fit in Portland at 6. Eric Yearian breaks down the team needs in the Northwest Division.
          As for Golden State, they seem to need BPA with a strong hope that that player is a 3. That said, Sullinger could be the guy that goes at this spot.
          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
          ― John Wooden

Comment

I picked Henson, he would be a great 3rd big behind Lee and Bogut, nice length to block shots and with a little added strength can play both the 4 and 5 spots. HIs 15 foot jumper is respectable and his post game is improving...may be a little high, but a good safe pick for G-State.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Because of the point guard inconsistencies, I honestly see them taking Lillard, sorry guys.

But their front-court depth isn't very good, I see them taking PJ3 or Sullinger to fit that case.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I voted PJ3, I also can see Sullinger going with GSW's pick. PJ3 kind of gives them both things they are looking for though

Comment

R-A 7th Edition

Pick #7 ..... Another odd pick this will be - Kendall Marshall.

With Marshall on board, Curry can focus more on scoring - when he's healthy. Golden State is around 8 free throw attempts less, and almost the same in game point shortages (April at least) ..... than their opponent. They need to be able to put their guy in the paint, and wait for the pass. After Ellis, Warriors were near the bottom (in PiP). Doing this successfully, would also increase their free throw attempts.

As much as Marshall's scoring is criticized - more assists then points - his averages are pretty good (.524 efg% -- 9.8 apg -- 3.5 Ast/TO).

My Pick Order to Date:
                  1. Davis - NO
                  2. Beal - Charlotte
                  3. MKG - Washington
                  4. Barnes - Cleveland
                  5. P. Jones - Sacramento
                  6. Drummond - Portland
                  7. Marshall - Golden State

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                    My Pick Order to Date:
                    1. Davis - NO
                    2. Beal - Charlotte
                    3. MKG - Washington
                    4. Barnes - Cleveland
                    5. P. Jones - Sacramento
                    6. Drummond - Portland
                    7. Marshall - Golden State

No Robinson there? Thats really surprising

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
                      No Robinson there? Thats really surprising
                      I really feel either Barnes or Robinson will be guys that drop fairly lower.

Comment

I have NO idea. GS are always a hard team to predict. I heard they brought in TJones and PJ3 and they were really lackluster. If I'm them I take a big since Bogut can't play a full season and I couldnt name you a single reserve outside of whatshisface with the awful contract.

They'll probably trade the pick.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          I have NO idea. GS are always a hard team to predict. I heard they brought in TJones and PJ3 and they were really lackluster. If I'm them I take a big since Bogut can't play a full season and I couldnt name you a single reserve outside of whatshisface with the awful contract.

They'll probably trade the pick.
                          7 + Rush for 8 + Ed D? Would that work? Fix the log jam, grab a solid wing player in Rush who could address the need of outside shooting. Move up a spot to secure the Lillard? GS gets a big, than use the pick to secure another one or wing player?

I don't know, just a suggestion.

Comment

I think Rush is a FA
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm a huge Rush fan though and think if Gay and Batum fall through we should def give him a look
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X