Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HUGE trade (Partly Credits to CalgaryRapsFan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUGE trade (Partly Credits to CalgaryRapsFan)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8ylwc4x

Bulls trade Luol Deng & CJ Watson
    Bulls get Linas Kleiza, Gary Forbes & 10th pick

Hornets trade Trevor Ariza & 10th pick
    Hornets get James Johnson & 56th pick

Raptors trade Linas Kleiza, Gary Forbes & 56th pick
    Raptors get Luol Deng, CJ Watson & Trevor Ariza

All that without losing any of Calderon, DeMar, Ed, Amir, Bargnani, JV, the 8th pick and the 37th pick.

Imagine that team:
    Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire/Alabi
    Bargnani/Johnson/Davis
    Deng/Ariza
    DeRozan/Lamb/Joseph
    Calderon/Bayless/Watson

Give your thoughts on that. I love that trade.
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Mon Jun 18, 2012, 01:01 PM.

Irrelevant post sorry
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Mon Jun 18, 2012, 08:07 PM. Reason: Irrelevant

Comment

Nobody agrees? Disagrees?

Comment

I get charlotte really want to get rid of ariza and okafor's contracts but i don't see them being that desperate
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yeah, I think we'd definitely need to sweeten the pot for both teams, especially New Orleans... at a minimum, including Davis. But if you could make this work, even including Davis and upgrading the draft pick to Chicago to the 34th, I think it's a great pair of moves for Toronto.

Comment

We could add Barbosa's trade exception and our 37th pick.

Comment

Have you guys looked at it from a salary perspective?

My math could be off, but..

We have 12 Mill cap space before the draft
              We take in 14 Mill from that trade
              We also need to pay the salaries of the 8th pick (2-3 Mill) and JV (3-4 Mill)

Even if we do not resign Bayless, that puts us over the cap by 7-10 Mill...

Comment

Refined offer

Well that means any trade or big signing would put us over the cap? Anyway, here's a refined version of the trade, which I think would be fair for each team:

Bulls get Jose Calderon, Linas Kleiza, Gary Forbes, 10th pick and 56th pick

Raptors trade Jose Calderon, Linas Kleiza, Gary Forbes, Ed Davis, James Johnson, 37th pick, 56th pick & Barbosa's TE
                Raptors get Luol Deng, CJ Watson, Trevor Ariza & Greivis Vasquez

Hornets trade Trevor Ariza, Greivis Vasquez & 10th pick
                Hornets get Ed Davis, James Johnson, 37th pick & Barbosa's TE

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
                  Have you guys looked at it from a salary perspective?

My math could be off, but..

We have 12 Mill cap space before the draft
                  We take in 14 Mill from that trade
                  We also need to pay the salaries of the 8th pick (2-3 Mill) and JV (3-4 Mill)

Even if we do not resign Bayless, that puts us over the cap by 7-10 Mill...
                  70.3 is the magic number - luxury tax.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Well that means any trade or big signing would put us over the cap? Anyway, here's a refined version of the trade, which I think would be fair for each team:

Bulls get Jose Calderon, Linas Kleiza, Gary Forbes, 10th pick and 56th pick

Raptors trade Jose Calderon, Linas Kleiza, Gary Forbes, Ed Davis, James Johnson, 37th pick, 56th pick & Barbosa's TE
                    Raptors get Luol Deng, CJ Watson, Trevor Ariza & Greivis Vasquez

Hornets trade Trevor Ariza, Greivis Vasquez & 10th pick
                    Hornets get Ed Davis, James Johnson, 37th pick & Barbosa's TE
                    A couple of things:
                    1. The Bulls don't necessarily HAVE to trade Deng. The guy is an all-star and was a 2nd team all-nba defensive team. While they'd be chasing a top-10 pick, they're not necessarily looking to add salary. They might take Calderon, but why the need to trade Watson for Kleiza and Forbes?
                    2. If the Raptors were indeed to acquire Deng, why do they need Ariza?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      A couple of things:
                      1. The Bulls don't necessarily HAVE to trade Deng. The guy is an all-star and was a 2nd team all-nba defensive team. While they'd be chasing a top-10 pick, they're not necessarily looking to add salary. They might take Calderon, but why the need to trade Watson for Kleiza and Forbes?
                      2. If the Raptors were indeed to acquire Deng, why do they need Ariza?
                      1. Because Kleiza would suddenly help them at the 3 spot and they won't need Watson anymore with Calderon aboard. Forbes can play the 2 and the 3, plus he's still young and not paid much.
                      2.They don't need Ariza, but for Chicago to get the 10th pick, Raptors need to take Ariza's contract.

Comment

1. Because Kleiza would suddenly help them at the 3 spot and they won't need Watson anymore with Calderon aboard. Forbes can play the 2 and the 3, plus he's still young and not paid much.
                        2.They don't need Ariza, but for Chicago to get the 10th pick, Raptors need to take Ariza's contract.
                        1. Does Kleiza suddenly help us at our 3 position? You have to remember, Chicago doesn't have to trade Deng at all. They're looking to shed salary, but at the same time, if they are looking to trade Deng, they're looking to get the best deal possible as well. They would be willing to take a young(er) guy with upside (ie Davis), but chances are, they're not looking to pick up either Kleiza or Forbes (or both). Also, Watson could be a FA if the Bulls don't pick up his option.
                        2. That's just awful. 2 years of Ariza to swing that deal? That's brutal.

Comment

I don't see why the Bulls would rather want Davis than Kleiza or Forbes. They already got Noah, Gibson, Boozer and possibly Asik up front. Also, I don't think they would get a much better offer than Calderon+10th pick for Deng. And Forbes and Kleiza are both born in 1985, they are still relatively young!

Comment

I don't see why the Bulls would rather want Davis than Kleiza or Forbes. They already got Noah, Gibson, Boozer and possibly Asik up front. Also, I don't think they would get a much better offer than Calderon+10th pick for Deng. And Forbes and Kleiza are both born in 1985, they are still relatively young!
                            You don't see why the Bulls would rather want Davis as opposed to Forbes and Kleiza?

And like I said in previous posts, the Bulls are not obliged to deal Deng, so if they don't get a deal that's good for them, they don't have to pull the trigger.

Comment

I like that the Raptors don't have to give up the lotto pick. I'm not sure they can get a better wing in FA than Deng without paying that kind of money anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X