Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jared Sullinger Medically Red Flagged

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
    Yes .... if the draft is as messed up as it appears to be heading, then who's left to draft could be a pleasant surprise. And if some quality names are still left, it will also attract trading partners looking for a specific player in the draft. These teams may not wish to gamble beyond #8.

And if luck is with us - as opposed to what happened this year (including the lottery) - then Raptor fans could actually see positive signs heading into the season. A #2 pick (relatively speaking) plus a quality 1st Rounder and/or Talent (in trade).

I fully agree. The Raps could wind up drafting a player widely expected to be unavailable (ie: Barnes, Lillard) who would be more attractive than trading for an overpaid, aging veteran. Or, as I've read the last couple days, a player like Drummond could continue slipping, right to the Raptors. With JV coming in at C, Drummond probably doen't have much value to the Raptors, but that #8 pick would suddenly skyrocket in value as a trade chip, for teams behind us drooling over the idea of being able to grab Drummond.

The #8 pick is like a stock for an unknown commodity... once the first seven picks are made and we know who's available @ #8, the Raptors and every other team will suddenly be able to come to an agreement over the true value of the pick. As you said, hopefully the value is higher than anticipated, either for the Raptors to use the pick or trade it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just you watch - San Antonio will end up drafting Sullinger, and he'll be a solid pro for years.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Sounds like a load of nothing to me.
    sounds like a father sticking up for his son to me. if that were a dr. i would put more stock into it.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DaveKim wrote: View Post
    I feel bad for him. Going from potential Number 1 pick last year to maybe not even first round.
    Exhibit 1A of NOT going back to school if you are a projected high lottery pick.

dude lost millions of guaranteed money.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

This is the EXACT reason why if you're projected to go in the lottery you should always go

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

JS is still going to have some spending cash very soon. I would trade bank accounts with him, after he signs that is.

Agents always say that new players are playing for the second contract.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information