Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jared Sullinger Medically Red Flagged

Raptors Republic Rookie xRevise's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jared Sullinger Medically Red Flagged

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly not surprised considering his leg length issues and weight.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully we can grab him with one of the second round picks!

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a huge fan of Sullinger, but this would be an awful feeling for someone that has worked their whole life for this opportunity. Feel for the guy. Saw a tweet from Kendall Marshall:

Kendall Marshall: Not even worried about the bro @Jared Sullinger. There were "red flags" about Dejuan Blair cuz he had NO acl's. he seems to be doing just fine. Twitter

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    Not a huge fan of Sullinger, but this would be an awful feeling for someone that has worked their whole life for this opportunity. Feel for the guy. Saw a tweet from Kendall Marshall:
    yes poor kid. going to cost him millions. give him something to prove too.

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel sorry for the guy. He's a good player! I bet he comes back to prove people wrong, but I'm glad it won't be with our eighth pick

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad for him. Going from potential Number 1 pick last year to maybe not even first round.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing to feel bad for him about...one way or another, the dude's going to play basketball for a living for a few years.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So if BC can't make a deal to move the pick for an established player which seems to be his first choice and if Barnes is off the board, and Sullinger is red flagged, does Henson become the best player available?

Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just imagine being Sullinger, ugh, I really feel for him. I don't think it changes the top 10 landscape too much. NBAdraft.net had him going 14th, now I'm sure that's going to change, but I don't think it effects how the Raps were going to pick. I'll say this, if he's around in the early 2nd round he'll be the steal of the draft. I wish the best for that guy.
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Post Thanks / Like

wonder how he feels about sticking around OSU now. If he is available in the second round that would be huge...still has the gifts to be a solid pro

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This might actually work in Sullinger's favor. Worst case cenario is he falls to the late teens or early 20s and ends up with a great team like Boston or Dallas. What you don't want is him going to a team that's a player developement dark hole like Sacrememnto or Milwuakee. Sullinger and Barnes have perhaps the most polished offensive games in the draft, plus Jared's an excellent rebounder. He'll be ready to contribute right away. If given the minutes, I can see him averaging 11 and 6 in a reserve role for a playoff team. While he's a defensive liability and a health risk, I don't think anybody will deny that he's a top 8 talent. One of the highest floors in the draft, and he's definately a risk worth taking at any position after 7 or 8.

Post Thanks / Like

"He had a bulging area that was due to his hamstring and quads being so tight," Satch Sullinger told ESPN.com senior college basketball writer Andy Katz in a phone call Monday afternoon. "It pulled on his hip flexor and he's been taking care of it to loosen it. You can call it a red flag if you want. But it's tight hamstring and tight quads. He's been to doctors, he's doing yoga and deep tissue massage. The flexibility is helping take the pressure off the area.

"We've got nothing to hide. At this stage it's all about what they can't do. Jared is a skilled player. A two-time All-American. He can play."

Sounds like a load of nothing to me.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    So if BC can't make a deal to move the pick for an established player which seems to be his first choice and if Barnes is off the board, and Sullinger is red flagged, does Henson become the best player available?
    Uh, no.

Post Thanks / Like

at no point is henson the best player available
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Someone will take this guy late and he'll be playing 25 minutes a night for them in Week One. Meanwhile, half of the upside guys who go ahead of him will be out of the NBA in 3 years....

Raptors Republic Rookie japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors are "far more likely" to keep the No. 8 pick rather than trading it, a source tells the Toronto Sun.
    There has been a ton of speculation that the Raptors are prepared to move the pick for a veteran like Rudy Gay or Andre Iguodala, but now it sounds like Toronto is prepared to keep the selection. It's really not that surprising considering the Raptors don't need to take an overpaid wing player to improve, and the team would be far better served using the pick to draft some cost-controlled talent.

Be prepared to this: With the 8-th pick in the 2012-th year NBA draft Toronto Raptors select Dion Waiters
    (Sorry for poor English )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post
    The Raptors are "far more likely" to keep the No. 8 pick rather than trading it, a source tells the Toronto Sun.
    There has been a ton of speculation that the Raptors are prepared to move the pick for a veteran like Rudy Gay or Andre Iguodala, but now it sounds like Toronto is prepared to keep the selection. It's really not that surprising considering the Raptors don't need to take an overpaid wing player to improve, and the team would be far better served using the pick to draft some cost-controlled talent.

Be prepared to this: With the 8-th pick in the 2012-th year NBA draft Toronto Raptors select Dion Waiters
    Noooooooooooooooooo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post

I think a big reason the Raps could keep the pick is because they have no idea who might still be available, given the state of flux in all the various mock drafts out there. It's a complete crapshoot after #1. A trade for Gay/Iguodala becomes a lot more attractive when choosing between Waiters, Sullinger, Lamb and Rivers, than it would be if a guy like Lillard or Barnes is available (or heaven forbid Beal or MKG drop). I fully expect BC to go into the draft with lots of potential deals lined up (including no deal at all), depending who is still on the board @ #8. Just because a deal doesn't get done ahead of time, doesn't mean a deal can't still be done during/after the draft.

I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the potential deals for stars (ie: Gay/Iguodala) have BC feeling like he'd have to giveup too much, in addition to taking on all the extra salary, at least in part due to the fact that multiple teams are exploring this avenue (ie: Charlotte, Golden State and possibly Portland at least). It's a seller's market and BC would be wise not to overpay.

Conversely, I bet that teams offering deals for Toronto to possibly drop a few spots, likely aren't offering enough to entice BC. Toronto is loaded with 2nd unit quality players, so there's no reason to take on another rotation player in exchange for dropping a couple spots. With several teams rumored to be looking to trade down, with no guarantee which prospects will be available at what pick, teams aren't likely to offer much just to move up a few spots, when they might not get the guy they want or could possibly get him without moving up. Again, I expect many deals to go down at the draft or just after the draft, when actual names can be traded instead of just pick #'s. There's too much uncertainty right now, especially with so many picks allegly up for grabs.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jun 19th, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I think a big reason the Raps could keep the pick is because they have no idea who might still be available, given the state of flux in all the various mock drafts out there. It's a complete crapshoot after #1. .......
    Yes .... if the draft is as messed up as it appears to be heading, then who's left to draft could be a pleasant surprise. And if some quality names are still left, it will also attract trading partners looking for a specific player in the draft. These teams may not wish to gamble beyond #8.

And if luck is with us - as opposed to what happened this year (including the lottery) - then Raptor fans could actually see positive signs heading into the season. A #2 pick (relatively speaking) plus a quality 1st Rounder and/or Talent (in trade).

Thread Information