Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade effects Mock Draft

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trade effects Mock Draft

New Orleans just made a brilliant trade with the Wizards

They dumped Ariza and Okafor to Washington for Lewis and the 46th pick

New Orleans will now have 23 million in cap space next summer to do some serious upgrades around Davis and their pick...not to mention a fair amount of losing this season for a good pick next year...

anyway how this effects the mock

Washington no longer needs a 3....between Ariza and Jan Vesely which means they will likely take a two or 5 of the future...i.e. Drummond or Beal

NO - Davis
    Charlotte - Thomas Robinson
    Washington - Andre Drummond
    Cleveland - Dion Waiters
    SAC - needs a center will probably trade down
    PORT - Damian Lillard
    GSW - Harrison Barnes or MKG
    TOR - Harrison Barnes or MKG

Looks like some Mocks may need an update

Post Thanks / Like

Well you sure are optimistic...

I'd literally eat my own shit if we drafted MKG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    Well you sure are optimistic...

I'd literally eat my own shit if we drafted MKG
    Are you going to be at the draft party?

Post Thanks / Like

If I can get a guarantee, I'll be there

Post Thanks / Like

I'd hate so see man eat his own shit in the unlikely event that he slides to us

Post Thanks / Like

Kidd-Gilchrist can play the 2-3 position. So, I don't believe it's a lock for him to drop. If he's there at 5, the kings will take him.
    Beal is another option for the Wiz.
    Cavs won't take Waiters. At least not at 4. Maybe if they trade down, yes.

Post Thanks / Like

only reason I put Waiters there is he refused to work out based on a promise. If the promise is lower why not work out for the higher up teams. I think someone from 4 - 7 made the promise

Post Thanks / Like

MKG to us at the #8 would be a three-some with Misa Campo and Melanie Iglesias.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Kidd-Gilchrist can play the 2-3 position. So, I don't believe it's a lock for him to drop. If he's there at 5, the kings will take him.
    Beal is another option for the Wiz.
    Cavs won't take Waiters. At least not at 4. Maybe if they trade down, yes.
    Yeah Cavs most likely taking Harrison Barnes. And Sac and GSW both need small-forwards.. If anything Brad Beal is the one that drops if this all goes down, and that one seems nice as well.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did Wash. do that? Getting Okafor when have Nene...and all that salary? NO did really well (isnt Lewis an expiring contract) and they didnt have to give up their 10th. Just goes to show there is always someone to take what you are selling. The draft is getting more interesting each day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Why did Wash. do that? Getting Okafor when have Nene...and all that salary? NO did really well (isnt Lewis an expiring contract) and they didnt have to give up their 10th. Just goes to show there is always someone to take what you are selling. The draft is getting more interesting each day.
    Nene's original position is the power forward. Okafor will start at the centre. Draft a Center that has an impact right away off the bench. This team will have a lot of very good big bodies to bang inside, not to mention, strong, big, athletic big men.

OR they could draft a shooting guard. At this moment, anyone other than the small forward position can be drafted, because they will be coming off the bench. With the top 5 players in this draft, all 5 have the ability to make an impact right away.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how Washington passes up on Beal.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Washington takes beal and sac takes drummond...more likely than your mock I think.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    MKG to us at the #8 would be a three-some with Misa Campo and Melanie Iglesias.
    I just jizzed when I stopped at Misa Campo, I did it again when I read Melanie Iglesias, and I jizzed one more time when MKG dropped to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't see how Washington passes up on Beal.

If they did pass it would be because they have Okafor a ten year vet who could really push Drummond....Drummond can play 4 and do can Nene so a big rotation of the three would be very dynamic and troublesome. I could see them taking a 2 or a 5 but I think Drummond is the answer for them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote er1csh3n wrote: View Post
    I just jizzed when I stopped at Misa Campo, I did it again when I read Melanie Iglesias, and I jizzed one more time when MKG dropped to us.
    I'd hate to be your keyboard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    If they did pass it would be because they have Okafor a ten year vet who could really push Drummond....Drummond can play 4 and do can Nene so a big rotation of the three would be very dynamic and troublesome. I could see them taking a 2 or a 5 but I think Drummond is the answer for them
    I would agree as well. Even though they would have an answer of every position, the Wizards already have a good, solid talent in Jordan Crawford. Who I believe is going into his 3rd year only.

Like I said, Drummond coming off the bench and making an impact with two other very solid bigs would be very troublesome indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I'd hate to be your keyboard
    HAHA. Pure fun on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Official NBA release of trade

http://www.nba.com/wizards/wizards-a...afor-and-ariza

Wizards Acquire Okafor And Ariza
    June 20, 2012
    TEAM ADDS VETERAN TANDEM IN EXCHANGE FOR LEWIS & SECOND ROUND PICK
    WASHINGTON, DC – Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the team has acquired forwards Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza from the New Orleans Hornets in exchange for forward Rashard Lewis and the 46th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft.

"We are pleased to add two more solid pieces as we continue to build our roster with a balance of proven veterans and the core of young talent that we have developed," said Grunfeld. "Emeka's defensive presence and rebounding ability will combine with Trevor’s versatility to add new dimensions to our frontcourt, and both players fit in very well with the type of team-first culture that we have been working to establish."

Okafor (6-10, 255) holds career averages of 12.7 points, 10.1 rebounds and 1.8 blocks while shooting .517 from the field in 511 career games over eight seasons between Charlotte and New Orleans. The former second overall pick was named the NBA’s Rookie of the Year in 2005 and was one of three players (joining Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard) to average a double-double from 2004-05 to 2008-09. He has averaged at least 10 points, nine rebounds and 1.5 blocks in seven of his eight NBA seasons and has shot at least 53 percent from the field in the last six consecutive seasons. Okafor averaged 9.9 points, 7.9 rebounds and 1.0 blocks while shooting .533 from the field in 27 games for the Hornets last season.

Ariza (6-8, 210) holds career averages of 9.0 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.7 steals in 499 games over eight seasons with New York, Orlando, L.A. Lakers, Houston and New Orleans. Over the last three seasons, he has averaged 12.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.7 steals while shooting .323 from three-point range with the Rockets and Hornets. Ariza helped lead the Lakers to the 2009 NBA Championship, contributing 11.3 points, 4.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.3 steals while shooting .476 from beyond the arc in 23 games (all starts) during their title run. Last season, he averaged 10.8 points, 5.2 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.7 steals while shooting .333 from three-point range in 41 games for the Hornets.

Lewis averaged 9.6 points and 4.9 rebounds in 60 games for the Wizards. He was originally acquired from the Orlando Magic in exchange for Gilbert Arenas on Dec. 18, 2010. The Wizards originally acquired the 46th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft from Dallas along with Ronny Turiaf, a 2013 second round pick and cash considerations from New York in a three-team deal on Dec. 10, 2011.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I made this post elsewhere but I'll put it in the proper thread:

I like this trade.

They keep #3. They already have a wealth of young players. They get 2 solid professionals. They now amnesty Blatche.

If both are healthy this is a great trade and it should make the Wiz a playoff team in my opinion.

Wall/
    Beal/Crawford/Mack
    Ariza/Vesely/Singleton
    Okafor/Booker
    Nene/Serephin

Plus they have just $49M in salary commitments.

Eric Koreen at National Post is slamming this trade on Twitter - I think he is nuts.

In thinking about it a bit more, Ariza and MKG are interchangeable at the 2/3 in my opinion much like Okafor and Nene are interchangeable at the 4/5. Beal or MKG will most likely be their pick in my opinion. I'm actually leaning a little towards MKG due to Kentucky/Callipari connection with Wall but Beal would be a better fit I think.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information