Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DaveKim wrote: View Post
    WOW

All the possibilities. Cant wait till draft night.
    Agreed

Comment

Via Twitter.com:

Mike Prada: "I don't think we're depending on a rookie to come in and play 40 minutes a night for us anymore." -EG on one benefit of trade

Ernie Grunfeld is right on.

They have plenty of youth in Wall, Crawford, #3, #32, Serephin, Booker, Vesely, Singleton, and Mack.

A move like this to add quality veterans (eventhough they are overpaid) is stellar.

Comment

no way MKG slips past the kings

Comment

does this make WAS a playoff team?

Comment

I wish the raptors could pull off a trade like this, retain our pick and bring in two very serviceable players by dumping an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick? Wow. Great trade for Washington.
            "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Interesting trade. Washington should be a playoff team and will have a nice core of Wall, and the third pick to build around. Nene and Okafar can be the Pekins and Ibaka to Wall and the third pick with Crawford perhaps playing the Harden role. I already feel bad for Davis as he is looking at a few years of losing before NO ca turn things around. I can see Eric Gordon walking out on NO.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                I wish the raptors could pull off a trade like this, retain our pick and bring in two very serviceable players by dumping an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick? Wow. Great trade for Washington.
                Not sure I would be a big fan of doing this. Dwyer definitely thinks Washington is setting themselves up for more mediocrity:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...PuxgYz2OO8vLYF

Headline reads: Washington deals away its potential cap flexibility, and Rashard Lewis, to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza
                “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                ― John Wooden

Comment

I'm not seeing playoffs for the Wiz.. granted Okafor was injured most of the year, but he hasn't really ever been a part of a winning team (well.. I guess when he had Paul on his team). Nene didn't do anything to help the Wiz last year.. and Ariza is just a serviceable player.. those two guys are decent, but their not superstar/allstar type players.. unless their #3 pick is gold, I still see them in the lottery next year.. probably going to be better than 3rd worst.. but probably more in the 8/9/10 range.

Also they still have Blatche on their team.. he's good for at least 10-15 losses

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I'm not seeing playoffs for the Wiz.. granted Okafor was injured most of the year, but he hasn't really ever been a part of a winning team (well.. I guess when he had Paul on his team). Nene didn't do anything to help the Wiz last year.. and Ariza is just a serviceable player.. those two guys are decent, but their not superstar/allstar type players.. unless their #3 pick is gold, I still see them in the lottery next year.. probably going to be better than 3rd worst.. but probably more in the 8/9/10 range.

Also they still have Blatche on their team.. he's good for at least 10-15 losses

Not using amnesty on Lewis = Amnesty Blatche
                    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

a line up of

PG: Wall
                      SG: 3rd Overall Pick
                      SF: Ariza
                      PF: Okafor
                      C: Nene

Can make the playoffs depending on how good John Wall plays, and if they can defend. They certainly have the personnel to be a good defending team.
                      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I made this post elsewhere but I'll put it in the proper thread:

I like this trade.

They keep #3. They already have a wealth of young players. They get 2 solid professionals. They now amnesty Blatche.

If both are healthy this is a great trade and it should make the Wiz a playoff team in my opinion.

Wall/
                        Beal/Crawford/Mack
                        Ariza/Vesely/Singleton
                        Okafor/Booker
                        Nene/Serephin

Plus they have just $49M in salary commitments.

Eric Koreen at National Post is slamming this trade on Twitter - I think he is nuts.

In thinking about it a bit more, Ariza and MKG are interchangeable at the 2/3 in my opinion much like Okafor and Nene are interchangeable at the 4/5. Beal or MKG will most likely be their pick in my opinion. I'm actually leaning a little towards MKG due to Kentucky/Callipari connection with Wall but Beal would be a better fit I think.
                        1. Beal at No 3 makes a lot more sense (more than Drummond or even MKG). As a Raptor fan I would rather they take Drummond (Plus I am curious to see that guy eat his own shit)
                        Nene, Okafor & Vesely are all poor outside shooters. Ariza OK at the best.
                        2. WRT Blatche -I read somewhere that he is "seriously getting in shape & trying to resurect his career". Personally I will believe it when I see it. With some veterans on the team, and team looking like a solid playoff team -I can see him getting back.
                        Their salary situation is actually not bad. In 2-3 years when they need to resign Wall & Beal, Okafor & Ariza will be gone (or resigned for a lot less).

Comment

This seems like a panic trade from Washington. They're trying way too early to show Wall they can put a playoff team around him and they're killing their ability to add more meaningful pieces until some of their contracts are up. That's the only reason I don't like it. They're gonna need a lot more than they're currently got if they want to make the second round, so what's the point?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Via Twitter.com:

Ernie Grunfeld is right on.

They have plenty of youth in Wall, Crawford, #3, #32, Serephin, Booker, Vesely, Singleton, and Mack.

A move like this to add quality veterans (eventhough they are overpaid) is stellar.
                            Agreed.
                            Don't forget they unloaded Lewis (even if he is bought out -likely scenario). In the nut shell I would rather pay 15 mil for an overpaid (but effective player like Okafor) than pay 14 mil to Lewis to get lost.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                              This seems like a panic trade from Washington. They're trying way too early to show Wall they can put a playoff team around him and they're killing their ability to add more meaningful pieces until some of their contracts are up. That's the only reason I don't like it. They're gonna need a lot more than they're currently got if they want to make the second round, so what's the point?
                              Lets look at it this way.
                              They will pay Okafor & Ariza what $42 mil over 2 years. They likely would have bought out Lewis at 13.5 mil. That means they are getting Okafor & Ariza (2 solid vets) for $14.5 mil (BOTH) per season x2 years. I would consider this a solid deal.
                              Last but not least. Wall seems to be a player worth pleasing. We tried to do it with Bosh, with a lot less success & at lot more cost.

Comment

More like:

NO - Davis
                                Charlotte - Thomas Robinson
                                Washington - Bradley Beal
                                Cleveland - MKG/Barnes
                                SAC - MKG/Barnes
                                PORT - Andre Drummond
                                GSW - ?? Lillard/Lamb/Waiters
                                TOR - ?? Rivers/Lillard/Waiters
                                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
                                X