Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Trade effects Mock Draft

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    We've been opening pining for a scoring SF for quite some time and we could be in a position to get a bigtime one night via the draft. Just accept it.
    I would be thrilled if the Raps landed Barnes. As I said, after Beal, he's been the guy I've been most interested in drafting.

Doing so would certainly open the floodgates for speculation on subsequent moves. I would think that at least 1 PF (Amir/Davis) and at least 1 SF (likely JJ) would have to go, since there just wouldn't be sufficient playing time for all the players currently under contract. Regardless whether Calderon or Nash is the starting PG, there would still be holes to fill at SG (starting or backup) and backup PG. BC would have assets and cap space at his disposal.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mango - you make a lot of good points. As I said, I'm 50/50 on it which is a long way from the 100% gun-ho I was about Gay in the VERY recent past.

I agree with all your points for Barnes.

My counter 50% is saying: Barnes is far from a sure thing. With Gay you know what you are going to get which is exactly what Toronto needs (albeit at a premium in terms of his contract).

Also, what other moves are the Raptors able to make should they keep #8? I'm not a fan of rounding out the roster in free agency unless it is a sign and trade. As has been mentioned numerous times elsewhere on the forums doing so means the loss of Bird Rights and exceptions.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    In the US it is on ESPN.

In Canada it is on TSN.

I think your best bet is to find a live stream. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to get one other than search on google.
    Cough, cough, www dot thefirstrow dot eu.

You did not hear this from me...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Mango - you make a lot of good points. As I said, I'm 50/50 on it which is a long way from the 100% gun-ho I was about Gay in the VERY recent past.

I agree with all your points for Barnes.

My counter 50% is saying: Barnes is far from a sure thing. With Gay you know what you are going to get which is exactly what Toronto needs (albeit at a premium in terms of his contract).

Also, what other moves are the Raptors able to make should they keep #8? I'm not a fan of rounding out the roster in free agency unless it is a sign and trade. As has been mentioned numerous times elsewhere on the forums doing so means the loss of Bird Rights and exceptions.
    I feel you, Matt. I get what you're saying, but I'd hate to trade Barnes (along with other assets) to acquire Gay only to know that they're roughly the same player in 2 years.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it comes down to Barnes and Drummond. Basically our best case or worst case. Let's hope this coin flip won't haunt us.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information