Trade effects Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

er1csh3n wrote: View Post
    I just jizzed when I stopped at Misa Campo, I did it again when I read Melanie Iglesias, and I jizzed one more time when MKG dropped to us.
    I'd hate to be your keyboard
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      If they did pass it would be because they have Okafor a ten year vet who could really push Drummond....Drummond can play 4 and do can Nene so a big rotation of the three would be very dynamic and troublesome. I could see them taking a 2 or a 5 but I think Drummond is the answer for them
      I would agree as well. Even though they would have an answer of every position, the Wizards already have a good, solid talent in Jordan Crawford. Who I believe is going into his 3rd year only.

Like I said, Drummond coming off the bench and making an impact with two other very solid bigs would be very troublesome indeed.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I'd hate to be your keyboard
        HAHA. Pure fun on here.

Comment

Official NBA release of trade

http://www.nba.com/wizards/wizards-a...afor-and-ariza

Wizards Acquire Okafor And Ariza
          June 20, 2012
          TEAM ADDS VETERAN TANDEM IN EXCHANGE FOR LEWIS & SECOND ROUND PICK
          WASHINGTON, DC – Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the team has acquired forwards Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza from the New Orleans Hornets in exchange for forward Rashard Lewis and the 46th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft.

"We are pleased to add two more solid pieces as we continue to build our roster with a balance of proven veterans and the core of young talent that we have developed," said Grunfeld. "Emeka's defensive presence and rebounding ability will combine with Trevor’s versatility to add new dimensions to our frontcourt, and both players fit in very well with the type of team-first culture that we have been working to establish."

Okafor (6-10, 255) holds career averages of 12.7 points, 10.1 rebounds and 1.8 blocks while shooting .517 from the field in 511 career games over eight seasons between Charlotte and New Orleans. The former second overall pick was named the NBA’s Rookie of the Year in 2005 and was one of three players (joining Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard) to average a double-double from 2004-05 to 2008-09. He has averaged at least 10 points, nine rebounds and 1.5 blocks in seven of his eight NBA seasons and has shot at least 53 percent from the field in the last six consecutive seasons. Okafor averaged 9.9 points, 7.9 rebounds and 1.0 blocks while shooting .533 from the field in 27 games for the Hornets last season.

Ariza (6-8, 210) holds career averages of 9.0 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.7 steals in 499 games over eight seasons with New York, Orlando, L.A. Lakers, Houston and New Orleans. Over the last three seasons, he has averaged 12.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.7 steals while shooting .323 from three-point range with the Rockets and Hornets. Ariza helped lead the Lakers to the 2009 NBA Championship, contributing 11.3 points, 4.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.3 steals while shooting .476 from beyond the arc in 23 games (all starts) during their title run. Last season, he averaged 10.8 points, 5.2 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.7 steals while shooting .333 from three-point range in 41 games for the Hornets.

Lewis averaged 9.6 points and 4.9 rebounds in 60 games for the Wizards. He was originally acquired from the Orlando Magic in exchange for Gilbert Arenas on Dec. 18, 2010. The Wizards originally acquired the 46th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft from Dallas along with Ronny Turiaf, a 2013 second round pick and cash considerations from New York in a three-team deal on Dec. 10, 2011.

Comment

I made this post elsewhere but I'll put it in the proper thread:

I like this trade.

They keep #3. They already have a wealth of young players. They get 2 solid professionals. They now amnesty Blatche.

If both are healthy this is a great trade and it should make the Wiz a playoff team in my opinion.

Wall/
            Beal/Crawford/Mack
            Ariza/Vesely/Singleton
            Okafor/Booker
            Nene/Serephin

Plus they have just $49M in salary commitments.

Eric Koreen at National Post is slamming this trade on Twitter - I think he is nuts.

In thinking about it a bit more, Ariza and MKG are interchangeable at the 2/3 in my opinion much like Okafor and Nene are interchangeable at the 4/5. Beal or MKG will most likely be their pick in my opinion. I'm actually leaning a little towards MKG due to Kentucky/Callipari connection with Wall but Beal would be a better fit I think.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
              Well you sure are optimistic...

I'd literally eat my own shit if we drafted MKG
              Fingers crossed
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I'm personally not a big fan of this trade if I was a fan of the Wizards. NO was dangling the 10th pick for anyone that would take Ariza or Okafor off their hands.. yet Washington took both and failed to get that pick as well. I think Okafor is one injury away from a lost season.. and Ariza's best days are behind him.. they get some veterans.. but neither seem to be that leader that a team like Washington could use.

Anyway, I don't think this changes the draft order in any way. MKG/Beal could still go to the Wiz at #3. I just want a team (preferably 2 teams) that would stay away from drafting either Davis, Beal, MKG, T-Rob, Barnes, or Lillard. The Wiz are still likely to draft from this bunch, so it won't affect the Raps much unfortunately. If anything, Drummond might fall - but that's a guy the Raps could do without.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I think Okafor is one injury away from a lost season..
                  you just described every player in the league
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    If anything, Drummond might fall - but that's a guy the Raps could do without.
                    If Drummond gets as far as us we kinda have to take him...we can sort out the issue later with a trade

Comment

If Drummond gets as far as us we kinda have to take him...we can sort out the issue later with a trade
                      Sacramento would be on my dial list. Drummond is not offensive minded - that would work perfect with Cousins.

If Portland picks Lillard and Golden State passed on Drummond, the Raps might have a shot at one of MKG, Beal, or Barnes assuming Davis and Robinson are the other top 5 players.

Comment

you just described every player in the league
                        LOL! Yeah I guess you're right. Was just implying that he's been injury prone. I fear that another injury (even a minor one) could derail him for an entire season (like Bogut with Milwaukee). I hope that's not the case.. just something that I would be afraid of if I took him on, considering he's owed about $28M for 2 years.

Comment

if we got Drummond at 8 I could see about 20 teams giving us a call

Comment

WOW

All the possibilities. Cant wait till draft night.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Sacramento would be on my dial list. Drummond is not offensive minded - that would work perfect with Cousins.

If Portland picks Lillard and Golden State passed on Drummond, the Raps might have a shot at one of MKG, Beal, or Barnes assuming Davis and Robinson are the other top 5 players.
                              I wonder if Sacramento would be interested in a trade? Maybe Ed (or Amir) + #8 for #5? With #5 we can draft Barnes (or MKG/Beal if they drop).. and with #8 Sacramento could get Drummond or Lillard or Rivers (to replace Evans).

Last year Sacramento moved down from 7 to 10 by trading Udrih for Salmons in a 3 team trade.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                                Well you sure are optimistic...

I'd literally eat my own shit if we drafted MKG
                                hahaha its like saying hopefully everybody takes the sidestreets during rush hour so i'll be alone on the 401.

Comment

Working...
                                X