Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    Well you sure are optimistic...

I'd literally eat my own shit if we drafted MKG
    Fingers crossed

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm personally not a big fan of this trade if I was a fan of the Wizards. NO was dangling the 10th pick for anyone that would take Ariza or Okafor off their hands.. yet Washington took both and failed to get that pick as well. I think Okafor is one injury away from a lost season.. and Ariza's best days are behind him.. they get some veterans.. but neither seem to be that leader that a team like Washington could use.

Anyway, I don't think this changes the draft order in any way. MKG/Beal could still go to the Wiz at #3. I just want a team (preferably 2 teams) that would stay away from drafting either Davis, Beal, MKG, T-Rob, Barnes, or Lillard. The Wiz are still likely to draft from this bunch, so it won't affect the Raps much unfortunately. If anything, Drummond might fall - but that's a guy the Raps could do without.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I think Okafor is one injury away from a lost season..
    you just described every player in the league

Post Thanks / Like

If anything, Drummond might fall - but that's a guy the Raps could do without.
    If Drummond gets as far as us we kinda have to take him...we can sort out the issue later with a trade

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    If Drummond gets as far as us we kinda have to take him...we can sort out the issue later with a trade
    Sacramento would be on my dial list. Drummond is not offensive minded - that would work perfect with Cousins.

If Portland picks Lillard and Golden State passed on Drummond, the Raps might have a shot at one of MKG, Beal, or Barnes assuming Davis and Robinson are the other top 5 players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    you just described every player in the league
    LOL! Yeah I guess you're right. Was just implying that he's been injury prone. I fear that another injury (even a minor one) could derail him for an entire season (like Bogut with Milwaukee). I hope that's not the case.. just something that I would be afraid of if I took him on, considering he's owed about $28M for 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

if we got Drummond at 8 I could see about 20 teams giving us a call

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW

All the possibilities. Cant wait till draft night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sacramento would be on my dial list. Drummond is not offensive minded - that would work perfect with Cousins.

If Portland picks Lillard and Golden State passed on Drummond, the Raps might have a shot at one of MKG, Beal, or Barnes assuming Davis and Robinson are the other top 5 players.
    I wonder if Sacramento would be interested in a trade? Maybe Ed (or Amir) + #8 for #5? With #5 we can draft Barnes (or MKG/Beal if they drop).. and with #8 Sacramento could get Drummond or Lillard or Rivers (to replace Evans).

Last year Sacramento moved down from 7 to 10 by trading Udrih for Salmons in a 3 team trade.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    Well you sure are optimistic...

I'd literally eat my own shit if we drafted MKG
    hahaha its like saying hopefully everybody takes the sidestreets during rush hour so i'll be alone on the 401.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DaveKim wrote: View Post
    WOW

All the possibilities. Cant wait till draft night.
    Agreed

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Via Twitter.com:

Mike Prada: "I don't think we're depending on a rookie to come in and play 40 minutes a night for us anymore." -EG on one benefit of trade

Ernie Grunfeld is right on.

They have plenty of youth in Wall, Crawford, #3, #32, Serephin, Booker, Vesely, Singleton, and Mack.

A move like this to add quality veterans (eventhough they are overpaid) is stellar.

Post Thanks / Like

no way MKG slips past the kings

Post Thanks / Like

does this make WAS a playoff team?

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish the raptors could pull off a trade like this, retain our pick and bring in two very serviceable players by dumping an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick? Wow. Great trade for Washington.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting trade. Washington should be a playoff team and will have a nice core of Wall, and the third pick to build around. Nene and Okafar can be the Pekins and Ibaka to Wall and the third pick with Crawford perhaps playing the Harden role. I already feel bad for Davis as he is looking at a few years of losing before NO ca turn things around. I can see Eric Gordon walking out on NO.

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    I wish the raptors could pull off a trade like this, retain our pick and bring in two very serviceable players by dumping an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick? Wow. Great trade for Washington.
    Not sure I would be a big fan of doing this. Dwyer definitely thinks Washington is setting themselves up for more mediocrity:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...PuxgYz2OO8vLYF

Headline reads: Washington deals away its potential cap flexibility, and Rashard Lewis, to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not seeing playoffs for the Wiz.. granted Okafor was injured most of the year, but he hasn't really ever been a part of a winning team (well.. I guess when he had Paul on his team). Nene didn't do anything to help the Wiz last year.. and Ariza is just a serviceable player.. those two guys are decent, but their not superstar/allstar type players.. unless their #3 pick is gold, I still see them in the lottery next year.. probably going to be better than 3rd worst.. but probably more in the 8/9/10 range.

Also they still have Blatche on their team.. he's good for at least 10-15 losses

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not seeing playoffs for the Wiz.. granted Okafor was injured most of the year, but he hasn't really ever been a part of a winning team (well.. I guess when he had Paul on his team). Nene didn't do anything to help the Wiz last year.. and Ariza is just a serviceable player.. those two guys are decent, but their not superstar/allstar type players.. unless their #3 pick is gold, I still see them in the lottery next year.. probably going to be better than 3rd worst.. but probably more in the 8/9/10 range.

Also they still have Blatche on their team.. he's good for at least 10-15 losses

Not using amnesty on Lewis = Amnesty Blatche

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

a line up of

PG: Wall
    SG: 3rd Overall Pick
    SF: Ariza
    PF: Okafor
    C: Nene

Can make the playoffs depending on how good John Wall plays, and if they can defend. They certainly have the personnel to be a good defending team.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information