Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Trade effects Mock Draft

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is only based on rumors that I've read on RealGM, but I think that there is possibility that MKG and Barnes might drop in the draft. It's been rumored that Cleveland is thinking long and hard about drafting Waiter at the 4th spot. This could only mean that Cleveland isn't successful in swapping picks with Charlotte, so the Bobcats will keep the second pick. Also, it's been rumored that Sacremento is leaning towards picking Drummond Over Barnes. With all this taken into consideration along with the assumption that Charlotte will draft Thomas Robinson and the assumption that no draft trade happens involving the top 8, it's possible that the following mock draft might happen:

New Orleans: Anthony Davis (Obvious #1 pick)
    Charlotte: Thomas Robinson (The need a solid athletic big to score and get rebounds)
    Washington: Bradley Beal (The only starting position they need to fill is SG and Beal is the best SG in the draft)
    Cleveland: Dion Waiter (Cavs seem to really want a SG. AP did retire yesterday)
    Sacramento: Andre Drummond (Sacramento is very high on Drummond probably to put him next to Cousins)
    Portland: Damian Lillard (Portland needs a PG since Felton has failed to impress last season)
    Golden State: MKG/Barnes (GS needs a SF just like us)
    Toronto: Barnes/MKG (We desperately need a starting SF)

Not saying that this will happen, but it's definitely a possibility.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, a lil bit off topic. Will I be able to see drafts on nba channel, and on which time (your timezone). Thanks in advance I know I'm lazy ass, but maybe for some of you it's easy to answer such information

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Guys, a lil bit off topic. Will I be able to see drafts on nba channel, and on which time (your timezone). Thanks in advance I know I'm lazy ass, but maybe for some of you it's easy to answer such information
    In the US it is on ESPN.

In Canada it is on TSN.

I think your best bet is to find a live stream. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to get one other than search on google.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    In the US it is on ESPN.

In Canada it is on TSN.

I think your best bet is to find a live stream. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to get one other than search on google.
    Thanks, this helped me out

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Thanks, this helped me out
    I'm not 100% sure but atdhe(dot)eu might have a live stream of the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Really high probability with so many streams, thanks!

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Rockets might move up to #5 (if the Kings don't get T-Rob):
    http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...ck-sources-say

That would put Drummond at #5.. better chance of us getting Lillard or Waiters or even Barnes :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Looks like Rockets might move up to #5 (if the Kings don't get T-Rob):
    http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...ck-sources-say

That would put Drummond at #5.. better chance of us getting Lillard or Waiters or even Barnes :-)
    So if that were to go through, the top-7 might look like this:

1 - Davis
    2 - Robinson
    3 - Beal
    4 - MKG/Barnes
    5 - Drummond
    6 - Lillard
    7 - Waiters or Barnes/MKG
    8 - Barnes or MKG or Waiters

I think Raptors fans would have to be quite heavily in support of that rumored Houston/Sacramento deal, regardless of which player falls to #8 (Barnes hopefully, IMO).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

1 - Davis
    2 - Robinson
    3 - Beal
    4 - MKG/Barnes
    5 - Drummond
    6 - Lillard

I think Raptors fans would have to be quite heavily in support of that rumored Houston/Sacramento deal, regardless of which player falls to #8 (Barnes hopefully, IMO).
    MKG and Robinson need to be off the board at 5.

Jordan can cure a lot of ills with me if he takes Robinson at 2 with Beal and MKG going 3/4.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1 - Davis
    2 - Robinson
    3 - Beal
    4 - MKG/Barnes
    5 - Drummond
    6 - Lillard

Right.. if Houston gets #5 and picks Drummond.. Portland will most likely take Lillard since Drummond would be off the board. That kind of blows for us.. I'd much rather have Lillard over Waiters. Hopefully Barnes falls to us in that scenario.

My preference for #8 with a dash of reality thrown in is:

1. MKG
    2. Barnes
    3. Lillard
    4. Waiters

After that, I'd be okay if we traded it.. I'll probably puke if we drafted either Drummond or Rivers and kept the pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Kings won't decide whether to do deal w/Rockets until draft starts but sources say they'd be walking away from "a lot" if they pass
    IT would be nice to know what they are offering.

Maybe that offer goes to Toronto if Drummond is there at 8?

Post Thanks / Like

Jordan can cure a lot of ills with me if he takes Robinson at 2 with Beal and MKG going 3/4.
    Agreed. And it would be good karma for not tanking outright!

Based on everything I'm hearing, unless the Cha/Cle trade goes down, the top-4 seems like it would go Davis, Robinson, Beal and MKG. That would open the door to Drummond, Lillard and Waiters going 5-7, after the Sac/Hou trade goes down. And then Mr. Barnes would be sitting in BC's lap!

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    This is only based on rumors that I've read on RealGM, but I think that there is possibility that MKG and Barnes might drop in the draft. It's been rumored that Cleveland is thinking long and hard about drafting Waiter at the 4th spot. This could only mean that Cleveland isn't successful in swapping picks with Charlotte, so the Bobcats will keep the second pick. Also, it's been rumored that Sacremento is leaning towards picking Drummond Over Barnes. With all this taken into consideration along with the assumption that Charlotte will draft Thomas Robinson and the assumption that no draft trade happens involving the top 8, it's possible that the following mock draft might happen:

New Orleans: Anthony Davis (Obvious #1 pick)
    Charlotte: Thomas Robinson (The need a solid athletic big to score and get rebounds)
    Washington: Bradley Beal (The only starting position they need to fill is SG and Beal is the best SG in the draft)
    Cleveland: Dion Waiter (Cavs seem to really want a SG. AP did retire yesterday)
    Sacramento: Andre Drummond (Sacramento is very high on Drummond probably to put him next to Cousins)
    Portland: Damian Lillard (Portland needs a PG since Felton has failed to impress last season)
    Golden State: MKG/Barnes (GS needs a SF just like us)
    Toronto: Barnes/MKG (We desperately need a starting SF)

Not saying that this will happen, but it's definitely a possibility.
    The only problem with this scenario is that all the other teams have to draft for need then, which virtually everyone acknowledges is not the best way to deal with the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Part of me is even hoping that Memphis wants Barnes at #8 as an offensive-minded SF replacement for Gay, should they trade him... Barnes & Davis & JJ for Gay & #25... draft day dreaming...

Post Thanks / Like

Part of me is even hoping that Memphis wants Barnes at #8 as an offensive-minded SF replacement for Gay, should they trade him... Barnes & Davis & JJ for Gay & #25... draft day dreaming...
    I am 50/50 on that - surprisingly.

Too many thoughts going on in my head to figure out the pro's and con's of each so I have copped out.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you want Gay if we're in position to draft Barnes? 3 weeks ago, if someone told me that Barnes would be available tonight for us at #8, I'd be doing drunken back flips.

Post Thanks / Like

What a waste of money and assets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Why would you want Gay if we're in position to draft Barnes? 3 weeks ago, if someone told me that Barnes would be available tonight for us at #8, I'd be doing drunken back flips.
    lol I'm torn. Barnes has been my 2nd favourite prospect behind Beal since the NCAA tourney (even with his awful showing). But I also really like Gay as my top trade target for upgrading the very same SF position. And with all the cap space and 2nd stringers under contract, something's gotta give... If I were BC, I'd just draft BPA (in this case Barnes) and figure out trades after the draft. Besides, doing it that way gives us more time to talk about more "what if" scenarios! lol

Post Thanks / Like

lol I'm torn. Barnes has been my 2nd favourite prospect behind Beal since the NCAA tourney (even with his awful showing). But I also really like Gay as my top trade target for upgrading the very same SF position. And with all the cap space and 2nd stringers under contract, something's gotta give... If I were BC, I'd just draft BPA (in this case Barnes) and figure out trades after the draft. Besides, doing it that way gives us more time to talk about more "what if" scenarios! lol
    We've been opening pining for a scoring SF for quite some time and we could be in a position to get a bigtime one night via the draft. Just accept it.

Post Thanks / Like

If we do end up getting Barnes, we'll all (well, most of us) will be happy campers. A legit 6'8", true SF, 2nd best athlete at the combine and a big time scorer? It's almost too good to be true if he lands in our laps. Let's hope Colangelo does the right thing and selects him if he's available.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information