2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 9th Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 9th Overall Pick

Our neighbours just to the south, the Detroit Pistons have the 9th pick in the 2012 draft. The Pistons have a couple of budding stars in Greg Munro and Brandon Knight, who will they add to that collect to bring back some pride to the Motor City?

Raptors Republic, who do you think the Detroit Pistons will take with the #9th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft?
    Austin Rivers, PG, Duke
    3.85%
    John Henson, PF, North Carolina
    26.92%
    Meyers Leonard, C, Illinois
    26.92%
    Jared Sullinger, PF, Ohio State
    3.85%
    Tyler Zellers, C, North Carolina
    11.54%
    Jeremy Lamb, SG, Connecticut
    7.69%
    Dion Waiters, SG, Syracuse
    11.54%
    Terrence Jones, SF, Kentucky
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

I read somewhere that they are high on Moultrie, but he is not an option, so I went with Sullinger. Interesting how I have very little idea about this pick because I have only kept an eye on the top 8; however, it very well could be that the Raps trade back and this could really matter.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Comment

waiters but a good pf to play with monroe would be nice. i think without the flag it could have been sullinger and maybe a good workout and drs might still be.

i also think zellers would be a good partner with monroe. athletic mobile and big.

Comment

I had to vote for Zeller. I like Leonard as well, but Zeller is one those solid 5's who aren't stars but play in the league for a long time. I strongly believe that Munro should play the 4 and Zeller allows him to do that immediately. Meanwhile, Leonard is going to need some time. Never been a fan of Henson's game. To me he's a long player whose sole skill is being long. That won't be enough at the next level. Maybe if he puts weight on and plays the 5 ...

Comment

This is a tough one, since I am not sure what Dumars is thinking. I can see them going after Zeller, Leonard or Henson here.. they need a big, and all three should be on the board. I'm sure their dream scenario would be Drummond, but in this mock he'd already be taken.

I'm going with Henson. No specific reason why.. just making a guess.

Comment

I voted for Leonard. Would seem like a solid compliment to Monroe.

Just for the record, this is usually the time I switch from TSN, to NBATV (to get more Raptors-specific coverage of our pick).

Comment

Id still go sullinger here. He's a great pf, and though he may/should slide further due to his injury, I still think he's a great fit here

Comment

I voted for Henson, to play PF alongside Monroe @ C. I agree that Sullinger could be a good fit, but I've heard rumors that Detroit feels he is undersized. I bet Detroit would be drooling if Drummond dropped out of the top-7, knowing Toronto already has Valanciunas coming in as a young C prospect.

Comment

yeah i got them taking Henson too. His shot blocking and rebounding will be the ying to Monroe's yang.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

John Henson. Defense compliments the offense. Both would work together on offence too.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

If there was ever a team that needed to pick the BPA, its the Pistons...what a mess...

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                        If there was ever a team that needed to pick the BPA, its the Pistons...what a mess...
                        I'm sure their fans are saying the same about us, while praising the "potential" of Monroe, Knight and Jerebko

Comment

The was a tie in regards to the votes for the 9th pick, so the tie-breaker in all of this was to consult the moderators and administrators and put this issue to a vote. The outcome of this vote was.. With the 9th Pick in the 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft, the Detroit Pistons select...

JOHN HENSON, PF, NORTH CAROLINA

2011-12 NCAA Statistics

PPG:13.8
                          RPG: 10.1
                          BPG: 2.9
                          FG%: 50.0

Positives
                          •Super athletic
                          •Long, lanky forward
                          •Great motor
                          •Awesome rebounder and shot-blocker
                          •Excellent defender
                          •High character player

Negatives
                          •Needs to add A LOT of muscle
                          •Perimeter game needs developing

Analysis, as per ESPN scouts

The Good: Henson is a crazy-long, athletic big man who seems to be everywhere on the floor at once. His shot-blocking abilities are ridiculous. He can guard three positions and play multiple positions on offense. He is developing the semblance of a perimeter game as a junior. He plays really hard all the time.

The Bad: What position is he? He looks way too thin to play the 4 in the pros, but he's still learning the game at the 3. He needs to either get a lot stronger or develop a much more solid jumper.

The Upside: Henson is a pretty unique player. He reminds some scouts of Andrei Kirilenko. If he's Andrei (and someone doesn't give him a max deal), he's probably ranked about five to 10 spots too low on our Big Board.

Henson is a tough player to peg. Henson is the hardest player to peg. He's a freak athlete, is loooooooong, is a terrific shot blocker and has an emerging game on the offensive end. He plays hard, is unselfish and has put a lot of work into his game. However, he has a super thin frame and lacks a clear position at the next level.

Comment

Working...
                          X