Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PJ III = Charlie V?

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The people who are high on PJ3 and Lamb, are completely out of their minds. Look, PJ3 is a poor man's Channing Frye, except he can't shoot or rebound. Lamb is a poor man's Nick Young, except with zero effort level and no interest in being a go to scorer. Sure, these are exactly the types of players the Raptors should draft with 8th overall pick.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    The people who are high on PJ3 and Lamb, are completely out of their minds. Look, PJ3 is a poor man's Channing Frye, except he can't shoot or rebound. Lamb is a poor man's Nick Young, except with zero effort level and no interest in being a go to scorer. Sure, these are exactly the types of players the Raptors should draft with 8th overall pick.
    That's a bold statement. Can't say I agree.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with the comparison at all. Channing Frye can't put the ball on the floor, has no perimeter skills to make anyone think he could be a 3. Perry Jones is perceived to be a 4/3 while Frye plays 4/5.

Lamb has proven to be very effective as the perfect compliment to a go-to scorer. I don't think anyone will be drafting him thinking he should be that guy in his first season. They have different games, where Nick Young is more of a spot up & break you down kind of guy, in the same mold as J.R. Smith, while Lamb is someone who curls of screens, and operates more in the mid-range.

Not saying I would be ecstatic if the Raptors draft these guys, just disagreeing with the statement.

edit: *by that guy, I mean Kemba's role in UCONN
    ďI donít create controversies. Theyíre there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.Ē

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Why don't you give us proof instead of pulling stuff out of your ass
    Maybe you should be red flagged for vision issues

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only similarities between PJ3/Frye, and Lamb/Young are their I.D. photos.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    While some people on the board are high on PJ III, I just have this feeling that he will be Charlie V II.

I think that Quincy Miller will be the stud SF to come out of Baylor. He is still just gaining confidence from his ACL surgery...it can take time to feel 100% comfortable in your mind. Mo Harkless has gotten some hype, but I think Miller will be the better pro.
    Who ever drafts Perry Jones III will be driven nuts - I would compare him more to Anthony Randolph but with even less heart.

He will tease you with his incredible potential but in the end this guy lacks heart and character as incredible as it may sound I would rather have reggie evans on my team than PJ III.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    I don't agree with the comparison at all. Channing Frye can't put the ball on the floor, has no perimeter skills to make anyone think he could be a 3. Perry Jones is perceived to be a 4/3 while Frye plays 4/5.
    People are high on Jones because of his potential and skills, but his games tell a different story. While Frye has shown he can be a reliable scorer from range, Jones hasn't shown that he can do that in college nor in any of his workouts. He was cast as a post-up 4/5 in college...and he's now saying he sees himself as a stretch forward, except he cant shoot with any consistency. So, a big man who only sees himself as a shooter, but can't shoot, that doesn't scream red flags? Actually, Austin Daye may be a better comparison for P. Jones.

Lamb has proven to be very effective as the perfect compliment to a go-to scorer. I don't think anyone will be drafting him thinking he should be that guy in his first season. They have different games, where Nick Young is more of a spot up & break you down kind of guy, in the same mold as J.R. Smith, while Lamb is someone who curls of screens, and operates more in the mid-range.

Not saying I would be ecstatic if the Raptors draft these guys, just disagreeing with the statement.

edit: *by that guy, I mean Kemba's role in UCONN
    So, Lamb is shooter...we know that. But his immaturity and indifference are major red flags. A one dimensional player with character issues, that's a good way to waste a pick.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Thread Information