• Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    perhaps he should be red flagged for his vision issues
    Why don't you give us proof instead of pulling stuff out of your ass

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      perhaps he should be red flagged for his vision issues
      On twitter, I asked Eric Koreen (National Post) about his thoughts on PJ3. His response was:

Today he said he was more of a 4, but was comfortable with either. He can't be less of a 3 than James Johnson.

Comment

Watched the interview, pretty sure he said he sees himself as a "forward".

Either way, PICK HIM.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          I feel like this was a misunderstood joke, but I've been wrong before..

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
            I feel like this was a misunderstood joke, but I've been wrong before..
            yes the joke went over his head. sees himself as a 3. sees himself as a four. must have eye problems. it wasn't an actual criticism.

i thought it was a good joke thead.

Comment

The people who are high on PJ3 and Lamb, are completely out of their minds. Look, PJ3 is a poor man's Channing Frye, except he can't shoot or rebound. Lamb is a poor man's Nick Young, except with zero effort level and no interest in being a go to scorer. Sure, these are exactly the types of players the Raptors should draft with 8th overall pick.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                The people who are high on PJ3 and Lamb, are completely out of their minds. Look, PJ3 is a poor man's Channing Frye, except he can't shoot or rebound. Lamb is a poor man's Nick Young, except with zero effort level and no interest in being a go to scorer. Sure, these are exactly the types of players the Raptors should draft with 8th overall pick.
                That's a bold statement. Can't say I agree.

Comment

I don't agree with the comparison at all. Channing Frye can't put the ball on the floor, has no perimeter skills to make anyone think he could be a 3. Perry Jones is perceived to be a 4/3 while Frye plays 4/5.

Lamb has proven to be very effective as the perfect compliment to a go-to scorer. I don't think anyone will be drafting him thinking he should be that guy in his first season. They have different games, where Nick Young is more of a spot up & break you down kind of guy, in the same mold as J.R. Smith, while Lamb is someone who curls of screens, and operates more in the mid-range.

Not saying I would be ecstatic if the Raptors draft these guys, just disagreeing with the statement.

edit: *by that guy, I mean Kemba's role in UCONN
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Maybe you should be red flagged for vision issues

Comment

The only similarities between PJ3/Frye, and Lamb/Young are their I.D. photos.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        While some people on the board are high on PJ III, I just have this feeling that he will be Charlie V II.

I think that Quincy Miller will be the stud SF to come out of Baylor. He is still just gaining confidence from his ACL surgery...it can take time to feel 100% comfortable in your mind. Mo Harkless has gotten some hype, but I think Miller will be the better pro.
                        Who ever drafts Perry Jones III will be driven nuts - I would compare him more to Anthony Randolph but with even less heart.

He will tease you with his incredible potential but in the end this guy lacks heart and character as incredible as it may sound I would rather have reggie evans on my team than PJ III.
                        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                          I don't agree with the comparison at all. Channing Frye can't put the ball on the floor, has no perimeter skills to make anyone think he could be a 3. Perry Jones is perceived to be a 4/3 while Frye plays 4/5.
                          People are high on Jones because of his potential and skills, but his games tell a different story. While Frye has shown he can be a reliable scorer from range, Jones hasn't shown that he can do that in college nor in any of his workouts. He was cast as a post-up 4/5 in college...and he's now saying he sees himself as a stretch forward, except he cant shoot with any consistency. So, a big man who only sees himself as a shooter, but can't shoot, that doesn't scream red flags? Actually, Austin Daye may be a better comparison for P. Jones.

Lamb has proven to be very effective as the perfect compliment to a go-to scorer. I don't think anyone will be drafting him thinking he should be that guy in his first season. They have different games, where Nick Young is more of a spot up & break you down kind of guy, in the same mold as J.R. Smith, while Lamb is someone who curls of screens, and operates more in the mid-range.

Not saying I would be ecstatic if the Raptors draft these guys, just disagreeing with the statement.

edit: *by that guy, I mean Kemba's role in UCONN
                          So, Lamb is shooter...we know that. But his immaturity and indifference are major red flags. A one dimensional player with character issues, that's a good way to waste a pick.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                          X