Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one of the Jones would you rather like on the Raptors roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one of the Jones would you rather like on the Raptors roster?

If the Raptors decides to draft a SF at 8 despite the fact that Barnes and MGK are gone, they'll likely have to choose between both Jones. Terrence, from UK and Perry from Baylor. Who do you think would be the best choice for the Raptors?

i would grab anybody that played on that kentucky team

Comment

neither one at 8.....
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

<

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          neither one at 8.....
          co-sign.

Comment

but..if I had a gun to my head and I had to make a decision and the selection was much later than number 8, I'd choose Perry Jones. At least at pick 15 or later, you can afford to take a risk on his skill. Perry Jones' ceiling is much higher than Terrence Jones' ceiling.

Comment

Why wouldn't you take Perry at 8? I think he could be our SF of the future, really. He's a legit 6'10 forward and he's athletic as f*ck. Look at his nba.com draft profile, I really like what I see. He was used as a C at Baylor sometimes but that is because that's what they needed of him. http://www.nba.com/draft/2012/prospe...rry-jones-iii/
              If you don't take him, who do you take? A PG? Lamb?
              I think this guy as a much higher ceiling than anybody you could pick at 8, except if one of the top prospect falls to us.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                Why wouldn't you take Perry at 8? I think he could be our SF of the future, really. He's a legit 6'10 forward and he's athletic as f*ck. Look at his nba.com draft profile, I really like what I see. He was used as a C at Baylor sometimes but that is because that's what they needed of him. http://www.nba.com/draft/2012/prospe...rry-jones-iii/
                If you don't take him, who do you take? A PG? Lamb?
                I think this guy as a much higher ceiling than anybody you could pick at 8, except if one of the top prospect falls to us.
                Because when you select top-10, you can't afford risks. You take the best player available. And at 8, that isn't Perry Jones.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  Because when you select top-10, you can't afford risks. You take the best player available. And at 8, that isn't Perry Jones.
                  And who would that be if Lillard and up are gone?

Comment

Neither would be worth the 8th pick, but both would definately be improvements at SF for the Raptors. While Perry is the better player with the higher ceiling, Terrence is a better fit for this club. He's a do it all SF who can give you minutes at PF also. He plays solid defence, rebounds, and can handle the ball. He can score around the rim and has an above-average jumper with range out to the three. His only knock is that he hasn't shown much improvement over the last year, granted he did play for a talent heavy squad. While Perry can be a star someday, Jones likely won't be more than a utility player/glue guy type. But that's exactly what Toronto needs. He's a rich mans James Johnson...very rich man. That being said there are many better players that should be considered before him.

Comment

Waiters or Lamb
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Alternate title: Keeping up with the Joneses
                        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                          And who would that be if Lillard and up are gone?
                          Who knows? Guys slide all the time. By the time we select at 8, there might be a guy there that we never thought would be there.

Comment

Neither.

Gun to head: Perry.

Comment

T. Jones is NBA ready...P. Jones may never be NBA ready...
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                              X