Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one of the Jones would you rather like on the Raptors roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jimmie wrote: View Post
    The "system" argument is nonsense. If you're as good as some people think PJIII could be, you can perform in any system. Kobe seemed to adjust OK when LA went from the triangle to a more traditional offense. MJ played in different systems. Hell, even Lebron had to change when he came from CLE to Miami.
    A more traditional offense means more free movement and more play breaking. Perry Jones isn't a traditional post player, but he was forced to play in that position with his back to the basket. It's hard to perform when you're put on a spot where you really can't produce.

As of now though, you are comparing PJ3 to the skill-sets of LeBron, Kobe, and c'mon man, Michael Jordan? The greatest to ever play the game? This is nonsense. You are implying in the fact that PJ3 has the skill-set/talent of those 3 players. IF he did, we would see a better performing PJ3 wouldn't we?

Also, you were talking about he hasn't performed to his potential? That's the reason he is highly scouted. His potential to become a very good player. The guy HAS the ability to become a very good player, he has the POTENTIAL because he's athletic, because he can shoot from the outside, because he can handle the ball, because he can get to the hoop, and because he's basically another 7 footer. How many 6'10 - 7 footers do that? The only player I can think of Kevin Durant. Potential is there because it hasn't really been seen..
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Mon Jun 25, 2012, 11:47 AM.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Pj3 is stupid though. First he says he wasn't comfortable with his role at Baylor and now he says he's a PF like make up your mind. If you can't play in the post in the NCAA how the hell are you going to do it in the nba.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        A more traditional offense means more free movement and more play breaking. Perry Jones isn't a traditional post player, but he was forced to play in that position with his back to the basket. It's hard to perform when you're put on a spot where you really can't produce.

As of now though, you are comparing PJ3 to the skill-sets of LeBron, Kobe, and c'mon man, Michael Jordan? The greatest to ever play the game? This is nonsense. You are implying in the fact that PJ3 has the skill-set/talent of those 3 players. IF he did, we would see a better performing PJ3 wouldn't we?

Also, you were talking about he hasn't performed to his potential? That's the reason he is highly scouted. His potential to become a very good player. The guy HAS the ability to become a very good player, he has the POTENTIAL because he's athletic, because he can shoot from the outside, because he can handle the ball, because he can get to the hoop, and because he's basically another 7 footer. How many 6'10 - 7 footers do that? The only player I can think of Kevin Durant. Potential is there because it hasn't really been seen..
        You missed my point. Potential is fine -- if you actually meet it at some point. Until then, that's all it is. You think he'll meet his "potential", I don't. And I'm not comparing him to those guys -- I'm contrasting him with them. He's nothing like them, which is why I don't think he'll reach that potential. Those guys all can excel in any situation, as can most NBA players that are worth a top-1o draft pick.

There are thousands of athletes in every sport that never met their glorious potential and ended up on the scrap heap of history. Jones III is just as likely to be one of those (Anthony Randolph, Stromile Swift, Joe Smith, Kwame Brown, hell, even Sam Bowie come to mind immediately) as he is to live up to his massive 'potential'.
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

He seems to go back and forth about his SF vs. PF capabilities. He could just be playing lip service (as per his agent's request) to make himself seem agreeable and versatile.

I like the thought of drafting PJ3, but definitely not as a PF.

Comment

Working...
          X