Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Trades / 2 Drafted / 1 Signing - Easy As That :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Trades / 2 Drafted / 1 Signing - Easy As That :)

Lots of talk of taking on some big contracts and trading away our #8 pick, but can't we get where we want to without giving up our pick? Here is a thought.........

Trade #1
    Weems , #37 , #57 to Boston for # 22

Boston is looking for an athletic running mate for Rondo and we sweeten the pot with the 2 2nd rounders for the #22 pick.

Trade #2
    Option a) S&T Bayless , Davis & #22 to Phoenix for Nash , #13

b) S&T Balyess , Davis & #22 to Houston for Dragic , #14

Keeping Calderon is a pricey option but a wise back up plan and maybe be able to move him at the end of the year for an asset. Signing Dragic who plays a similar style as Calderon / Nash and who will be an assist machine is a good option and decent return to Houston for allowing us to sign him. If we can't work out a deal for Dragic we offer the same basic deal to Phoenix for Nash allowing Bayless the chance to play in his hometown and maybe finally find a good fit.Either of these deals should be workable and are not out of the realm of posibility IMO.

Draft #8 Waiters SG or Lamb SG

As long as nobody drops out of the top 6 in the draft I would say take an upgrade or backup at the SG position behind DeRozan with either Waiters or Lamb.

Draft #13 or 14 or 16 Leonard C or Ezeli C

Yes we have JV coming next year and he should be our C stud for years to come buttttttt just in case a back up plan is a good thing , take Meyers Leonard if available or look at Ezeli for a back up BIG.

Sign Nic Batum at 8-10M

I have seen some numbers floating around the 8-10M range for Batum and although I would personally be happier at around 8M we may have to overpay for the SF , I like this option better than taking on an older vet at more moneyand having to trade away assests.

Other Free Agent Signings - Magloire, Reggie Evans and offer a contract to Uzoh as the third PG

2012-13 Roster

PG Nash or Dragic / Calderon / Uzoh
    SG DeRozan / Waiters or Lamb (#8) / Forbes
    SF Batum / J Johnson / Kleiza
    PF Bargnani / A Johnson / R Evans
    C Valanciaunis / Leonard or Ezeli (#13ish) / Magloire

over 15M in expiring contracts in 2013 and make a decision on DeRozan and JJ

dragic is nothing like calderon or nash.

Comment

GoHuskies wrote: View Post
      Trade #1
      Weems , #37 , #57 to Boston for # 22
      Boston could just offer Weems a 3-year contract to "steal" him outright from the Raptors without anything in return. There is no way I would give up #22 for a such a marginal player as Sonny Weems. The 2 second round picks, especially 57, are filler or garbage.

There are only 3 more players drafted after pick #57 and thus the pick is only slightly better than inviting undrafted players to the training camp.

Trade #2
      Option a) S&T Bayless , Davis & #22 to Phoenix for Nash , #13
      b) S&T Balyess , Davis & #22 to Houston for Dragic , #14
      Is Ed Davis worth Nash or Dragic? No
      Is #22 worth #13 or #14? No
      Is it worth tendering the qualifying offer to Bayless? No

Another two trades I don't see happening.

Sign Nic Batum at 8-10M
      Portland will match such a low offer.

It fascinates me how many fans believe Bayless and Weems are assets that can be traded in a S&T while believing the Raptors can sign very good free agents to a friendly contract without the team holding their rights matching the offer.

Comment

Portland may match an offer of under 8m but I am thinking that anything 10m and over they would have to think about ( see B.Roy & G.Oden)

And no Davis is not worth Nash alone , and no the #22 is not worth the #13 or 14 alone but in combination with moving Bayless to a team that needs or wants him then YES they are in my opinion.

As far as Weems being a marginal player not being worth a #22 pick I have to shake my head and ask you what do you think Boston will get in drafting a young player at #22??? Weems has at least been in the league and has shown flashes of being a decent NBA player so I would consider trying to make everything we can out of our assets , even though they may be ones that we aren't planning on using and for Boston to get a decent player and still have a chance to gamble on a possible gem in the rought at 37 doesnt seem so far fetched to me.

Undervaluing your assets and not trying to wring every last ounce out of what you have seems like a pretty stupid idea to me.

Comment

As far as Weems being a marginal player not being worth a #22 pick I have to shake my head and ask you what do you think Boston will get in drafting a young player at #22???
          A slim chance of landing a starter-quality type player, something Weems has proven not to be.

Undervaluing your assets and not trying to wring every last ounce out of what you have seems like a pretty stupid idea to me.
          Time is limited commodity and should not be wasted on trying to find a taker for marginal players such as Weems. If someone calls you and offer you a 2nd round pick for him, take the offer. There is no way I would look actively in finding a trading partner.

Comment

Working...
          X