Lakers Big men Down low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers Big men Down low

Anybody else notice everytime Pau,Bynum and sometimes Odom were down low taking a shot they would first let out a loud 'AHHH!!" or "hey!" and if they didnt get the call "...and 1!" after every shot ! i thought it was really cheap and almost unsportsmanlike trying to bait the refs into calling fouls against the Raps, I thought it was great physical D especially in the 3rd and 4th.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

You have to sell it to the ref:P

I do the same thing when I get any contact on drives or postups, certainly cannot hurt.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
      You have to sell it to the ref:P

I do the same thing when I get any contact on drives or postups, certainly cannot hurt.
      I think its a bitch way of trying to get a foul call ......no offense .

Herm Edwards

Comment

I agree with both of you... it IS a bitch thing to do (I hate hearing it), and it is necessary.

Bargs needs to learn it... maybe yell "and one!" in Italian.

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
          Anybody else notice everytime Pau,Bynum and sometimes Odom were down low taking a shot they would first let out a loud 'AHHH!!" or "hey!" and if they didnt get the call "...and 1!" after every shot ! i thought it was really cheap and almost unsportsmanlike trying to bait the refs into calling fouls against the Raps, I thought it was great physical D especially in the 3rd and 4th.
          If you watch a lot of ball on tv you'll notice virtually every player in the league does it at some point during the game including our beloved CB.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
            If you watch a lot of ball on tv you'll notice virtually every player in the league does it at some point during the game including our beloved CB.
            Oh yeah i watch a lot but these guys did it on every possession it was embarrassing!! Im glad the refs didnt call those cause it would have been a disgrace. The Raps played some sick D and to have it ruined by two bitches screaming like they have been stabbed or something . I know CB does it but not like this .

Herm Edwards

Comment

Might be a bitch thing to do, but winning is all I care about. Besides, if you can't play proper defense without fouling, no reason I should aid you by keeping silent...

Comment

Pau Gasol is the worst at that. He actually looks like someone who might yelp for no reason.

Comment

There is too much flopping and complaining in basketball - refs should deliberately not call anything when encouraged by bad acting.

And it's possible that happens on occasion. The refs should get annoyed - the same as anyone else would.

Note it was great to hear about Doc Rivers getting tossed for his bad acting.
                  The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
                  X