Thread: Nash or Lowry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nash or Lowry

THUNDERDOME -Who would you choose?
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lowry

i know he has two years left in his deal. is that he rookie deal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    THUNDERDOME -Who would you choose?
    You have to make things hard don't you? Well I'm voting for Kyle Lowry, he's a younger, cheaper point guard who's only going to improve with Jose in the fold, and has a good number of years left for great play. I believe he is only 25-26?

I would see him a nice fit here, even though don't get me wrong, he is not as good as Nash, Nash I see playing for 2-3 more years only.

Post Thanks / Like

my heart say Nash but my head says Lowry
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way man. Nash would make them better quickly, but Lowry will hold his own.

Post Thanks / Like

i need one of our smarter boarders to pick one and then i'll latch onto their opinion
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i need one of our smarter boarders to pick one and then i'll latch onto their opinion
    haha

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If we can nab Lillard with the 8th pick I prefer Nash. Otherwise Lowry is the point of the future. (hopefully)

Post Thanks / Like

Nash. He doesn't have the defensive pedigree like Lowry, but I guarantee you signing a big star like Nash will make a lot of other stars stand up and take notice. They might give Toronto a longer look next time. You might have guys wanting to play in Toronto because of Nash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Nash. He doesn't have the defensive pedigree like Lowry, but I guarantee you signing a big star like Nash will make a lot of other stars stand up and take notice. They might give Toronto a longer look next time. You might have guys wanting to play in Toronto because of Nash.
    I would agree with this, but Nash in the future plans doesn't look right for me. This team is building for the next 3-4 years and above TOGETHER. I would much rather Lowry due to our current situation, but Nash would have to do for sure. I mean he is one of the best point guards in the NBA.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My heart says Nash and my head says Nash. That is if we can land him without giving up our 8th pick, Bargs and JV. Otherwise I say Lowry. Still I wouldn't want to part with Bargs and JV and we would need to get another 1st round pick in return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    My heart says Nash and my head says Nash. That is if we can land him without giving up our 8th pick, Bargs and JV. Otherwise I say Lowry. Still I wouldn't want to part with Bargs and JV and we would need to get another 1st round pick in return.
    That's the whole topic. It's be something like #8 and Ed Davis for #16 and Lowry, but Sacramento and the Magic may be involved. Check out the thread that I posted about 'Twitter Trade Rumours.'

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough call, but I would lean towards Nash. 1. I'm not that sold on Lowry as being our long-term solution. 2. Like Mango suggested, having Nash instantly makes the Raptors an intriguing free agent destination. Don't think that NBA players haven't noticed how easy he makes the game look for Marion, Diaw, Gortat, Frye, Dudley, etc. If you're looking to improve your performance, play next to a PG who can create easy looks for you. Like moth to a flame...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I chose Nash, but that's because I'm a dreamer.. I fear mediocrity with him, but I don't see championship with Lowry either. I think Nash is going to do a better job of developing JV and I see all-star in Bargs tea leaves with Nash on board.

However I replied to your post because I don't think Nash is going to ever attract free agents. Phoenix is probably one of the warmest cities in the league. They have had a history of winning and success. Yet they never were able to lure a notable free agent to that town (Grant Hill was past his prime by the time he came to Phoenix, IMO). I don't see how Toronto is going to attract guys just because Nash is playing for them, if he couldn't do the same when he was in Phoenix (when he was younger, and was winning MVP trophies).

Post Thanks / Like

This.

If we draft a PG and trade Jose, then I would say Nash to start and mentor for two years.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Nash.

It may be short term, but he would speed up the development of JV.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. The business man in me can't help but drool over the marketing potential of "Captain Canada" suiting up for the Raptors, to become the full fledged face of basketball in Canada (Raptors & Canadian National Team). Ticket and merchandise sales would also likely soar, as a result of Nash signing in Toronto. I agree with Mango that Nash would also provide the team with American credability and increase their chances of luring free agents north of the border. I suppose my heart says Nash and my head is divided...

I wonder if a Nash/Lowry PG tandem would work, especially if Nash might play reduced minutes, in order to preserve his body to be at near 100% for the entire duration of the 3-year contract. Would Lowry be happy as PG # 1b?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyle Lowry. Nash is 12 years older than Lowry. Lowry is a way better defender. He would fit right in, on how Casey wants to pressure the ball next year. It would be very interested to see how are defense is when it's not built to protect are Point Guard.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's an interesting point you've made, but whom has Nash attracted to Phoenix other than an aging Hill and and even older Shaq?

Even without Nash we were able to some aging players that came here for the money Olajuowan (?), J.O. etc..

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I come late to the thread which has covered some very good points. I would add one other for Nash: He could also be a long term employee with the Raptors possibly taking over from BC as GM. He will be getting some action in that position, somewhat, with the national team.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information