29 45.31%
  • Lowry

35 54.69%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Nash or Lowry

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    That's an interesting point you've made, but whom has Nash attracted to Phoenix other than an aging Hill and and even older Shaq?

Even without Nash we were able to some aging players that came here for the money Olajuowan (?), J.O. etc..
    Attracting someone includes another important element...ownership, one that is willing to spend the money. The ownership in PHX is notorious for not.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My pick provided we're giving up the exact same to acquire said player would be for Nash as he makes us much better instantly, however if it comes down to what would be required to get either player I would say Lowry as Nash will likely cost us more.

I'm starting to get a little disinchanted with Nash actually (sacreligous I know). He seems to be after personal gain rather than chasing a championship. That's the same as Calderon saying he'd play back up to Ford or Jack for the "good of the team". Where's your competetive spark? You should want to win if you're a competitor. Nash, seemingly just wants to set himself up for the future it would seem.

Post Thanks / Like

Nash. Then draft Kendall Marshall.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would Nash ever play for Toronto?... because he is Canadian. Nash only has a couple of year's left in the league and wants to win a title... he is not going to play for the Raptors...EVER.

Post Thanks / Like

Nash. The Raptors have never even had a chance to land a player of his calibre in free agency. Even in his late 30s, he is one of the most efficient, effective PGs in the NBA. Look at how far he dragged a very poor Phoenix roster last year. Not only is Lowry not as good a player, he costs you assets other than money. Assets that could better be spent elsewhere. I have a hard time fathoming how Lowry is ahead in this poll....

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with some other people on here that my heart says Nash but it would be to the Raptor's advantage to sign Lowry as he is much younger and plays better defense and he could grow with the younger players that the Raptor's have. He is 12 years younger then Nash that has got to say something!!! Lowry would be a great addition to the Raptor's!!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

On the surface I'd say Lowry.

However, thinking about it more, Lowry is going to cost the #8. If you are only getting back one of the picks (14/16), I think Nash might be the better option.

He'd give you 2 years to figure out a replacement. The Raptors could even draft that replacement at 8 with Lillard.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nash for a number of reasons.

1.) He's a teacher. Sure defensively he's not as good as Lowry but Jose wasn't either.
    2.) He's an ambassador of the game. Could put the Raps on the map a lot better than Vince ever did. Toronto becomes an attractive destination for player. Nash has major clout in the league.
    3.) Lowry, clashed with his coach, who is not as hard-ass as Casey. How will that relationship blossom with Dwayne?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote black angus wrote: View Post
    Why would Nash ever play for Toronto?... because he is Canadian. Nash only has a couple of year's left in the league and wants to win a title... he is not going to play for the Raptors...EVER.
    1) JT, BC
    2) Canadian and instant national hero
    3) the majority of his business ventures are Canadian based and what better way to expand and promote
    4) money
    5) Basketball Canada position
    6) ALEX McKECHNIE
    7) Toronto has expendable assets (Bayless, Weems, Forbes, 2nd round picks) to make it worth Phoenix's wild to make a trade happen giving the Raptors an opportunity to use cap space and bolster the roster BEFORE Nash were to join.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    1) JT, BC
    2) Canadian and instant national hero
    3) the majority of his business ventures are Canadian based and what better way to expand and promote
    4) money
    5) Basketball Canada position
    6) ALEX McKECHNIE
    7) Toronto has expendable assets (Bayless, Weems, Forbes, 2nd round picks) to make it worth Phoenix's wild to make a trade happen giving the Raptors an opportunity to use cap space and bolster the roster BEFORE Nash were to join.
    8) Toronto is the closest city of the alleged top-3 (Tor/Pho/Por) to his summer home in New York

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry.

Nash deserves better than this team for the final years of his career. I would rather Nash win with the Lakers than to end his career without a ring and playing for a team fighting to make the playoffs.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Lowry.

Nash deserves better than this team for the final years of his career. I would rather Nash win with the Lakers than to end his career without a ring and playing for a team fighting to make the playoffs.
    I understand why you'd want Nash to win a championship.. but he doesn't appear to be the type of guy that would take the easy way out by going to an already established team and riding their coat tails to a championship. He wants to earn it like a typical blue collar type of worker.

A recent rumour has Nash's short list being Portland, Phoenix and Toronto. Neither of these teams are going to win a championship anytime soon. I'd choose Toronto over those other two, simply because I'm a fan of his and a fan of the Raptors. Does Nash deserve playing for Portland more so than playing for Toronto?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think Lowry would help us out quite a bit presently and in the future. But I also believe that Nash is the type of playmaker that would help us get the most out of Bargs, Demar, AND JV. I'm picturing JV in the pick and roll with Nash, having Demar slashing, and Bargs as an outside option ready to beat his man off the dribble, or take the open J. Someone punch me in the face with reality before I go too far with this...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JYFelony wrote: View Post
    I do think Lowry would help us out quite a bit presently and in the future. But I also believe that Nash is the type of playmaker that would help us get the most out of Bargs, Demar, AND JV. I'm picturing JV in the pick and roll with Nash, having Demar slashing, and Bargs as an outside option ready to beat his man off the dribble, or take the open J. Someone punch me in the face with reality before I go too far with this...
    Just think how good that dream would be if the Raps actually added a starting SF who could contribute offensively! Yikes!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A point for consideration: Remember what happened when a defensive-minded coach (i.e. Terry Porter) handcuffed Nash's offensive tenancies?

Should we stop and think about Casey and Nash's ability to mesh?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    A point for consideration: Remember what happened when a defensive-minded coach (i.e. Terry Porter) handcuffed Nash's offensive tenancies?

No, we should disregard any possibility of Nash not working out with us. Once you enter "Raptors Fantasyland" you only think of the positives.

Post Thanks / Like

I have said this before...a man publicly going after his coach like that is a bit of a red flag for me. Nash is the character guy with no future. Lowry might be tamed by being the man in Toronto...but *cliche alert at the end of the day he has two years left at 5 million a pop is a lock down defender at the point 85% from the free throw line 37% from 3 it seems like a high value contract if you ask me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

another reason Lowry might be the better fit

Post Thanks / Like

if I'm going to be completely honest (and post 3 times in a row) I want Nash for all the wrong reasons

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote black angus wrote: View Post
    I think we would. I don't think he necessarily is chasing a title.

In a recent interview, which i can't find right now but will look for it when i get home, he (nash) said that he is not letting a ring define his career. He is perfectly happy with his career and will look at situation/family/money.

Maybe he is saying that to leverage a bigger payday with a title contender but i feel that coming to TOronto would be self fulfilling to him. Especially as an ambassador to Canadian athletes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information