Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
My pick provided we're giving up the exact same to acquire said player would be for Nash as he makes us much better instantly, however if it comes down to what would be required to get either player I would say Lowry as Nash will likely cost us more.

I'm starting to get a little disinchanted with Nash actually (sacreligous I know). He seems to be after personal gain rather than chasing a championship. That's the same as Calderon saying he'd play back up to Ford or Jack for the "good of the team". Where's your competetive spark? You should want to win if you're a competitor. Nash, seemingly just wants to set himself up for the future it would seem.
I disagree. I hate the superstar's joining together to form a "superteam". Nash doesn't play by the old saying, "If you can't beat them, join them." He wants the challenge of beating the best:

So would he rather join the Heat and win a title or be on the team that knocks them off?

"The truth is I'm a bit old school. For me, it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just the way it is," Nash said. "You play against them so many times in the playoffs, and I just use them as an example, and I have the utmost respect for them and their organization.

"I kind of have that tendency (to try to beat the best teams), so it is strange, but as a free agent you're free to go where you want, so I'd have to consider everything regardless of the past or the future."
Oh yeah, and another thing... it is sacreligous!