No announcement yet.

Nash or Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tough call. Is a Lowry in hand worth more than a Nash in the bush?

Comment

If we don't want to trade the pick we should use the money we'd have to give up to get Nash on Dragic. Much, much, much better option in the long run.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        If we don't want to trade the pick we should use the money we'd have to give up to get Nash on Dragic. Much, much, much better option in the long run.
        From rumors I've read, Dragic is almost guaranteed to re-sign with Houston, especially given all the Lowry trade rumors. They want to keep him and Lee. They might be even less attainable than Batum with Portland at this point.

I personally am not sold on Lowry or Dragic as long-term PG-of-the-future type of players for the Raptors. I'd much rather target Lillard in the draft for that sort of expectation. Nash/Calderon are short term (1-3 years max), Lowry/Dragic would be medium term (3-6 years), but only draft picks like Lillard (or possibly Marshall) can really be considered long-term (7+ years) solutions for a rebuilding/building team. That's why I don't really get the fascination with Lowry/Dragic type of players who are in their mid-late 20s and already beyond their rookie-scale contract. I'd rather go with a veteran (ie: Nash/Calderon) and a rookie (ie: Lillard), to allow the veteran to mentor the rookie and groom him to takeover the starting job, ensuring they are properly acclimated to the NBA and ready for the responsibility of leading a team for the long-term.

Comment

Raptors Front Runners for Nash? The Houston Rockets have been trying to pry away the #8 overall pick from the Toronto Raptors however their offer of Kyle Lowry and one of the picks in the teens that the Rockets hold apparently wasn’t enough to get a deal done.

Sources near that process say that Toronto has been given serious signals from Steve Nash that they could land him in free agency, so much so that acquiring Lowry is not something the Raptors feel they need.

Nash has professed all week that he has made no Free Agency decisions and plans to listen to everyone on Sunday, however if the Raptors are turning away Kyle Lowry and a draft pick, either they really don’t like Lowry or they have something more lined up with Nash.
          http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-tra...r-of-draft-day

This was written by Steve Kyler. I find he and Alex Kennedy to be the best for 'sources' in the NBA. Another HW.com writer, Bill Ingram, I think is a blow hard when it comes to 'sources' and rumours. However, one area where I listen to him is the Rockets as he is a professed Rocket fan and that is the #1 team he follows. When it comes to the Rockets I give him credibility - on nothing else though, lol.

Comment

I take Lowry every time, if these are my only choices. However, if you think you can get Lillard in the draft why would you give up your pick to get him? Either way, I would never replace a solid guard like Jose for an even older guard in Nash. May be great marketing sense, but horrible basketball sense.

Comment

Lowry will never be Nash, but come on. Do you think the Raptors are going to show anything while Nash is still a player? Who are you, Doug Smith?

Comment

Working...
              X