No announcement yet.

Nash or Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put me in neither category. It's not to say that I wouldn't enjoy Nash coming, but as a basketball fan, I don't want to see him dragging this team to mediocrity and I don't trust this management group to do what's necessary to get a winning team the next few years. If you got Nash, you would have to swing for the fences and get a guy like Rudy Gay or Andre Igoudala or even Amare (I know, I know, but if you're going to go big, might as well get his wingman and take a chance) and I feel more and more that it would just be a business decision (a good one, but just a business decision). All this talk about how JV or Bargnani can 'learn' from him is nonsense too, like somehow Nash can teach them how to defend better or handle the ball. He'll help them score but once he goes away, you're still left with limited players. And I'm not exactly sold on Lowry. Feels like a regression guy and the fact that Dragic (who will be overpaid by someone) filled in for him makes me think he might be overvalued. Better to resign Bayless, go for a guy like Austin Rivers, suck again for another high draft choice and keep your flexibility until you can sign someone better. Shooting for the middle never helps.

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
      Put me in neither category. It's not to say that I wouldn't enjoy Nash coming, but as a basketball fan, I don't want to see him dragging this team to mediocrity and I don't trust this management group to do what's necessary to get a winning team the next few years. If you got Nash, you would have to swing for the fences and get a guy like Rudy Gay or Andre Igoudala or even Amare (I know, I know, but if you're going to go big, might as well get his wingman and take a chance) and I feel more and more that it would just be a business decision (a good one, but just a business decision). All this talk about how JV or Bargnani can 'learn' from him is nonsense too, like somehow Nash can teach them how to defend better or handle the ball. He'll help them score but once he goes away, you're still left with limited players. And I'm not exactly sold on Lowry. Feels like a regression guy and the fact that Dragic (who will be overpaid by someone) filled in for him makes me think he might be overvalued. Better to resign Bayless, go for a guy like Austin Rivers, suck again for another high draft choice and keep your flexibility until you can sign someone better. Shooting for the middle never helps.
      If we do get Nash, I'm not so sure about getting Amare. His contract is bad and he's completely uninsurable. Not to mention that he's a nutcase who seems to like punching fire extinguishers. As for drafting Austin Rivers, I don't think he should be a priority. Although I do like the fact that he has thought of Toronto as a possible destination and actually liking the city and team. But I think we should draft Lillard (Yes, I'm high on him).

Comment

I think this decision should be made right before our draft selection. If Lillard or Drummond fall to the raptors, I'd keep the pick. On the other hand Lowry is the point guard of choice. He's younger and plays tough defense, plus we loose a portion of our trade exemption if we don't use it by the draft.

This should be a great draft. Other factors to consider is a the Deng situation, what would attract G Wallace, and has anyone considered signing Moe Williams?

Oh, and yeah... I could see Drummond falling, and if he does why not select him. He needs time to develop and he could play behind Bargnani and some center until he does. We wouldn't need Grey to handle the bigs.

Comment

Lowry!!
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Lowry makes more sense long term. He could actually still be part of the core when the young guys hit their prime years.
            +1 good point
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

id say Nash.. simply put, hes the better player... besides there was an article i read today were Stefanski told reporters that they hadnt even spoken to houston about Lowry.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ts_About_Lowry

Comment

David Locke@Lockedonsports
                Reports Houston is offering #16 and Kyle Lowry to Toronto for #8 - if Jazz had gotten lucky they would have #8 would u do deal as Utah?
                http://blogs.canada.com/2012/06/25/t...r-the-raptors/

I think that sounds like a pretty good deal, there are a number of interesting players that would be in that range.
                Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Nash or Lowry

How about both !

Trade with Houston -8th pick & 37th pick plus E.Davis & Bayless for 14th pick & 16th pick & Lowry
                  Sign & Trade acquire free agent Steve Nash & 13th Pick for Calderon & 14th Pick

Then
                  Sign Free Agent Gerald Wallace for $30-$35 Million for 3 years
                  Select D.Waiters with 13th Pick
                  Select one of the following K. Marshall/J.Lamb/ P.Jones/Sullinger with 16th Pick

Team payroll ~ $60 million and a significant upgrade from last year.

Comment

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
                    How about both !

Trade with Houston -8th pick & 37th pick plus E.Davis & Bayless for 14th pick & 16th pick & Lowry

Then
                    Select one of the following K. Marshall/J.Lamb/ P.Jones/Sullinger with 16th Pick

Not a single thing written here is realistic

maybe the drafting Marshall/Jones/Sullinger at 16, but that's about it.

Comment

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
                      How about both !

Then

Lowry would only complain daily about being a bench player.. maybe he even starts clashing with DC.. it would cause more problems then it would solve..

I personaly think DC & BC/Stefanski have there sights set on Nash..theres been too much chatter around the league about Nash to the Raps for it to all be false... remember.. were theres smoke theres fire.. & theres been a giant mushroom ball of smoke hanging over this story for too long now.

i think the only way they move the 8th pick is for a top tier SG or SF

Comment

Nash may be a top 5 passer this league has ever seen. Lowry plays pg on a mediocre team so looks like an Allstar. You'd have to give up significantly less in a sign and trade with Nash than just trading for Lowry. He would help the development of our younger players a lot more aswell.

Comment

Is it possible to change my option? I have made a mistake...

Comment

Looks like the Raptors are saying Nash according to reports tonight.

Comment

Profster wrote: View Post
                              I assume that the Raps can have no contact with Nash before July 1st but how realistic is that? Can they really base draft/ free agency plans on the chance that he may be interested? Where's the loophole?

Comment

Profster wrote: View Post
                                "reports"?

Comment

Working...
                                X