• Nash

29 45.31%
  • Lowry

35 54.69%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Nash or Lowry

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

id say Nash.. simply put, hes the better player... besides there was an article i read today were Stefanski told reporters that they hadnt even spoken to houston about Lowry.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ts_About_Lowry

Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

David Locke@Lockedonsports
    Reports Houston is offering #16 and Kyle Lowry to Toronto for #8 - if Jazz had gotten lucky they would have #8 would u do deal as Utah?
    http://blogs.canada.com/2012/06/25/t...r-the-raptors/

I think that sounds like a pretty good deal, there are a number of interesting players that would be in that range.
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nash or Lowry

How about both !

Trade with Houston -8th pick & 37th pick plus E.Davis & Bayless for 14th pick & 16th pick & Lowry
    Sign & Trade acquire free agent Steve Nash & 13th Pick for Calderon & 14th Pick

Then
    Sign Free Agent Gerald Wallace for $30-$35 Million for 3 years
    Select D.Waiters with 13th Pick
    Select one of the following K. Marshall/J.Lamb/ P.Jones/Sullinger with 16th Pick

Team payroll ~ $60 million and a significant upgrade from last year.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
    How about both !

Trade with Houston -8th pick & 37th pick plus E.Davis & Bayless for 14th pick & 16th pick & Lowry

Then
    Select one of the following K. Marshall/J.Lamb/ P.Jones/Sullinger with 16th Pick

Not a single thing written here is realistic

maybe the drafting Marshall/Jones/Sullinger at 16, but that's about it.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
    How about both !

Then

Lowry would only complain daily about being a bench player.. maybe he even starts clashing with DC.. it would cause more problems then it would solve..

I personaly think DC & BC/Stefanski have there sights set on Nash..theres been too much chatter around the league about Nash to the Raps for it to all be false... remember.. were theres smoke theres fire.. & theres been a giant mushroom ball of smoke hanging over this story for too long now.

i think the only way they move the 8th pick is for a top tier SG or SF

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nash may be a top 5 passer this league has ever seen. Lowry plays pg on a mediocre team so looks like an Allstar. You'd have to give up significantly less in a sign and trade with Nash than just trading for Lowry. He would help the development of our younger players a lot more aswell.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to change my option? I have made a mistake...

Raptors Republic Rookie Profster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the Raptors are saying Nash according to reports tonight.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Profster wrote: View Post
    I assume that the Raps can have no contact with Nash before July 1st but how realistic is that? Can they really base draft/ free agency plans on the chance that he may be interested? Where's the loophole?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Profster wrote: View Post
    "reports"?

Post Thanks / Like

tough call. Is a Lowry in hand worth more than a Nash in the bush?

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we don't want to trade the pick we should use the money we'd have to give up to get Nash on Dragic. Much, much, much better option in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    If we don't want to trade the pick we should use the money we'd have to give up to get Nash on Dragic. Much, much, much better option in the long run.
    From rumors I've read, Dragic is almost guaranteed to re-sign with Houston, especially given all the Lowry trade rumors. They want to keep him and Lee. They might be even less attainable than Batum with Portland at this point.

I personally am not sold on Lowry or Dragic as long-term PG-of-the-future type of players for the Raptors. I'd much rather target Lillard in the draft for that sort of expectation. Nash/Calderon are short term (1-3 years max), Lowry/Dragic would be medium term (3-6 years), but only draft picks like Lillard (or possibly Marshall) can really be considered long-term (7+ years) solutions for a rebuilding/building team. That's why I don't really get the fascination with Lowry/Dragic type of players who are in their mid-late 20s and already beyond their rookie-scale contract. I'd rather go with a veteran (ie: Nash/Calderon) and a rookie (ie: Lillard), to allow the veteran to mentor the rookie and groom him to takeover the starting job, ensuring they are properly acclimated to the NBA and ready for the responsibility of leading a team for the long-term.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Front Runners for Nash? The Houston Rockets have been trying to pry away the #8 overall pick from the Toronto Raptors however their offer of Kyle Lowry and one of the picks in the teens that the Rockets hold apparently wasnít enough to get a deal done.

Sources near that process say that Toronto has been given serious signals from Steve Nash that they could land him in free agency, so much so that acquiring Lowry is not something the Raptors feel they need.

Nash has professed all week that he has made no Free Agency decisions and plans to listen to everyone on Sunday, however if the Raptors are turning away Kyle Lowry and a draft pick, either they really donít like Lowry or they have something more lined up with Nash.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-tra...r-of-draft-day

This was written by Steve Kyler. I find he and Alex Kennedy to be the best for 'sources' in the NBA. Another HW.com writer, Bill Ingram, I think is a blow hard when it comes to 'sources' and rumours. However, one area where I listen to him is the Rockets as he is a professed Rocket fan and that is the #1 team he follows. When it comes to the Rockets I give him credibility - on nothing else though, lol.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I take Lowry every time, if these are my only choices. However, if you think you can get Lillard in the draft why would you give up your pick to get him? Either way, I would never replace a solid guard like Jose for an even older guard in Nash. May be great marketing sense, but horrible basketball sense.

Raptors Republic Rookie meductic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry will never be Nash, but come on. Do you think the Raptors are going to show anything while Nash is still a player? Who are you, Doug Smith?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information