Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    i don't think Bayless even knows what his natural position is
    Lying on the court, looking up at a ref, with disbelief in his face, after charging into a defender he didn't see because he was focused on getting a basket that would have given him 21 points for the night.

(kidding)

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      i don't think Bayless even knows what his natural position is

Comment

jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
        An idea like that could work but it would come down to how much we want Marshall. He's a pass-first guy who loves to create for others. But he can't shoot particularly well, and while he posesses good length he also lacks the athletisicm needed to keep up the leagues new brand of PGs. He's very similar to Jose, but he's worse because of his shot. I'm not sure I'm comfortable handing him the starting spot in the future over somebody like Lillard who doesn't have a glaring weekness.
        I don't have any problem with Marshall's shooting abilities. That's the easiest part of a PG's game to fix, and 35% from 3-pt isn't dreadful for a freshman college player... Lillard shot 34% just last year. Marshall got the instincts and court vision that if his shot and confidence improve he should have a very complete offensive game.

Defense is another matter. That's by far going to be the hardest thing for him to adapt to, since he doesn't have the speed or athleticism. I trust that the Raptors have a very good handle on where Marshall is at by this point. If they draft him, it would only be because Casey thinks he can turn Marshall into an effective defender within Toronto's system. He's not my favorite guy for them to draft (and definitely not at #8), but I'll feel pretty comfortable if he ends up being our pick later in the lottery.

Comment

For the record, i actually really like Dragic and wouldn't mind them signing him at all, even with Calderon there. With Calderon playing in the olympics with no Rubio something tells me he won't be playing a full season... Calderon's contract expires and Dragic is there to take over.

edit: this is all on the condition the raps don't get Nash/Lowry
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i can see him getting 5 years 30-40. sorry, new cba is only 4 years and 5 for your own team or 5 and 6? i forgot. anyway i can see him getting 6-8 a year

Comment

Working...
            X