Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you do this trade (Rockets & Raptors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you do this trade (Rockets & Raptors)

Kyle Lowry (2 years 10 million) Samuel Dalambert (sign and trade 3 years 15 million) +14th pick

for Jose Calderon - Ed Davis 8th pick

Why Toronto does it. PG of the future and stop gap at centre for JV. Both players fit strongly into the defensive culture being built in TO

Why Houston does it. Lowry has publicly requested a trade and neither Dalembert or Lowry get along well with McHale who seems to have a history of conflict with players. They get a solid back up PG and PF and 10 million coming off the books at the end of the season
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

I want no part of Dalembert. So, no, I wouldn't do that deal.

Comment

maybe if you threw in both of their lotto picks, but otherwise, no.

not a Dalambert fan at all but his contract is only for the year so it wouldn't be make or break for me, personally.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        Kyle Lowry (2 years 10 million) Samuel Dalambert (sign and trade 3 years 15 million) +14th pick

for Jose Calderon - Ed Davis 8th pick

Why Toronto does it. PG of the future and stop gap at centre for JV. Both players fit strongly into the defensive culture being built in TO

Why Houston does it. Lowry has publicly requested a trade and neither Dalembert or Lowry get along well with McHale who seems to have a history of conflict with players. They get a solid back up PG and PF and 10 million coming off the books at the end of the season
        Yes to Lowry! No to Dalambert!

Comment

Yeah, I'm with the popular concensus, no to Dalambert (especially in a sign and trade!). Like Ceez says, I'd like to get both picks back. (Or their new 18).

But I wouldn't mind giving up Davis to make this happen. I think Houston's plan is to flip whatever they get to Orlando for Howard, so the question is whether 8th + Davis gets them closer to Howard.

I really want Lowry though, I think he's the perfect PG for what Casey wants to do here.

Comment

I think if anyone wants Davis they can have him, I'm not sure if he's hit his ceiling but I'm not interested in finding out anymore either.

Dalembert can find another home, wouldn't want Leo feeling uncomfortable doing colour commentary.

I think if we can grab Lowry with the #8, trade Jose, and sign either Gay or Iggy we're instantly in the playoff picture.

It's going to be a fun next few days on the trade/draft front!
            i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Working...
            X