2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 12th Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 12th Overall Pick

The 12th overall pick in the 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft belongs to the Milwaukee Bucks. The Bucks have all-world point guard Brandon Jennings and scoring machine Monta Ellis. Aside from those two, they could use some help in a lot of areas.

Raptors Republic, who do you think the Milwaukee Bucks will take with the #12th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft?
    Jared Sullinger, PF, Ohio State
    10.00%
    Tyler Zeller, C, North Carolina
    65.00%
    Terrence Jones, SF/PF, Kentucky
    0.00%
    Terrence Ross, SG/SF, Washington
    0.00%
    Mo Harkless, SG/SF, St. John's
    5.00%
    Austin Rivers, SG, Duke
    10.00%
    Jeremy Lamb, SG, Connecticut
    5.00%
    Arnett Moultrie, PF, Mississippi State
    5.00%

The poll is expired.

zeller but maybe sullinger

Comment

Zeller
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Seeing the guys still available I want to make a trade with Houston, give up 8 and get their two first round picks.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

They need to replace Bogut. Zeller makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Zeller looks like a Milwaukee type...

Comment

Zeller to replace Bogut

Comment

I took Sullinger because I feel he has more upside than Zeller. I could be wrong

Comment

There is no way that Jeremy Lamb should have fallen this far

Comment

sportsfan929 wrote: View Post
                    There is no way that Jeremy Lamb should have fallen this far
                    It does seem odd, but where would he have gone? He's unlikely to go top-8.
                    Detroit is apparently looking for a big at 9.
                    New Orleans has Gordon, so doubtful they take a SG at 10.
                    Portland has Batum/Matthews (and this mock had them drafting Beal at 6), so no way they take another wing at 11.
                    Milwaukee has Jennings & Ellis in the backcourt, so it makes sense they'd look for a big to replace Bogut.

Seems unlikely, but I could easily see Lamb dropping beyond 12.

Comment

This vote wasn't even close.

With the 12th pick in the 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft, the Milwaukee Bucks select...

TYLER ZELLER, C, NORTH CAROLINA

2011-12 NCAA Statistics

PPG: 16.3
                      RPG: 9.6
                      BPG: 1.5
                      FG%: 55.3

Positives
                      •Mobile big man
                      •Nice touch around the basket
                      •Good shooter out to 18 feet
                      •Soft hands
                      •Good rebounder
                      •Runs the floor very well for a big

Negatives
                      •Needs to add strength
                      •Not an explosive leaper

Analysis, as per ESPN scouts

The Good: Zeller runs the floor as well as any big man in the country. He's a very fluid player who can catch the ball in stride and finish around the basket. He has nice touch around the rim and has gotten better every year.

The Bad: Is he strong enough to play the 5 in the NBA? Does he do anything well enough to be a standout at the next level?

The Upside: Scouts say they love players who come back every year with more wrinkles to their game. Zeller has done that in spades. He has been, arguably, the best player on this Tar Heels team this season and has most scouts convinced he should be a mid-to-late lottery pick in June.

Zeller's ability to run the floor combined with his soft touch around the basket is drawing some comparisons to a poor man's Pau Gasol.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        It does seem odd, but where would he have gone? He's unlikely to go top-8.
                        Detroit is apparently looking for a big at 9.
                        New Orleans has Gordon, so doubtful they take a SG at 10.
                        Portland has Batum/Matthews (and this mock had them drafting Beal at 6), so no way they take another wing at 11.
                        Milwaukee has Jennings & Ellis in the backcourt, so it makes sense they'd look for a big to replace Bogut.
                        Seems unlikely, but I could easily see Lamb dropping beyond 12.
                        In my opinion, which really means absolutely nothing, i could see the raps reaching for Lamb if Lillard and Waiters are off the board. I am not saying i would want him with his development seemingly stagnating this year, however it seems that athletic guards who can shoot never seem to fall to far down in the draft. Also, most signs indicate that has the athleticism and wingspan to become a above average NBA defender.

Comment

whoever gets zeller is making a good pick for the next decade

Comment

Working...
                          X