Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry expected to be traded within 24 hrs either Sacramento or Toronto????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry expected to be traded within 24 hrs either Sacramento or Toronto????

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-draft-diary

06/27/12 8:20PM EST – Bill Ingram:

Houston Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry sees the writing on the wall and expects to be traded in the next 24 hours. The only question seems to be where he will be traded, with Sacramento and Toronto looking like the current frontrunners. The Rockets are looking for a lottery pick, either to use themselves, perhaps on Andre Drummond, or to sweeten their offer to Orlando for Dwight Howard.

Additionally, sources close to the situation tell HOOPSWORLD that the Rockets already have a deal in place for free agent point guard Goran Dragic, which would explain why they are so willing to deal Lowry.

If this is true, clearly Houston did not get the Minnesota-Joe Smith memo from David Stern regarding arranging deals before July 1st and offering contracts before July 11th. Ironically McHale was in charge during that period which set the franchise back 5-10 years, in my opinion.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      If this is true, clearly Houston did not get the Minnesota-Joe Smith memo from David Stern regarding arranging deals before July 1st and offering contracts before July 11th. Ironically McHale was in charge during that period which set the franchise back 5-10 years, in my opinion.
      The Joe Smith situation was different. He took a cheap short term deal in exchange for a future long term deal after the first deal ran out. Which you can not do.

You can most definetely talk to your own players about their next contracts prior to July 1.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
        The Joe Smith situation was different. He took a cheap short term deal in exchange for a future long term deal after the first deal ran out. Which you can not do.

You can most definetely talk to your own players about their next contracts prior to July 1.
        If that is the case, I apologize. I was not aware it was legally permissible.

Comment

I'm so torn on this....
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

im only down if we get that 12 pick too
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If they move #8 for Lowry then its because their guys are gone. I will be really disappointed otherwise.

Comment

There was something added on that link, it seems Toronto may be hesitant because they think they can sign Steve Nash. So it might be sacramento pulling the trigger on that deal.

Comment

BOOOO NASH! Let him go to the Mavs or something. Bringing him on now would be terrible in the long run + he'd end his career with guaranteed no rings.

Comment

I would like to see the 12 pick come to the raptors as well. Or get a later draft choice and pick up Royce White

Comment

Yes Nash!

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
                      There was something added on that link, it seems Toronto may be hesitant because they think they can sign Steve Nash. So it might be sacramento pulling the trigger on that deal.
                      A few things.
                      1) Nash pays for himself in marketing sales etc. and makes the financial situation of the team stronger.
                      2) Nash in must equal Calderon out.
                      3) Nash in instead of Lowry means that we did not have to give up an existing asset to get him and can keep picks and go after another player (Chandler, Iggy, Gay, Deng, etc.)
                      If Lowry, though, they probably get the 14th back for the 8th and can still pick someone up.

I think a healthy Bayless is equal to Lowry.

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
                        Please let this be true. Say no to point guards that get beat out by backups and have attitude problems. This is your floor leader... must be a character guy in my books.
                        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                        ― John Wooden

Comment

I'd like to see Nash win a ring. But, at the same time finishing out his career representing his country, there is no higher honour.

Be interesting if we get lowry as that would mean something is in the works for calderon.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Calderon/Ed/#8/TPE to Memphis for Rudy Gay and stuff?
                            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Why not just not get Lowry or Nash? Sigh Dragic. He's unrestricted.

Comment

Working...
                              X