• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cunningham is projected as a PG
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      2nd round picks are exciting this year too. At 37, I like any of the following:

Machado
      Barton (although his stock has risen considerably and likely 1st round)
      Jenkins
      English
      Doron Lamb
      Cunningham
      Murphy
      Johnson

There are a lot of great options at SG.
      I wonder how far guys like Sullinger and now possibly PJII will slide. Do they pull a DeJuan Blair and drop into 2nd round??? This draft is going to be quite interesting, well beyond just the lottery picks!

Comment

Stupid San Antonio probably just giggles throughout the draft
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Stupid San Antonio probably just giggles throughout the draft
          lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they started this hideous rumour that Waiters is actually good.

Comment

At 8, I see them taking the best perimeter option available. They don't need a young centre (that JV) and Bargs is the PF. I see no point in taking a rookie to back up either guy.

Since I know next to nothing about any of these guys (I'm not going to pretend I give a crap about NCAA ball or watch it at all), I'm just hopeful that they can snag an impact, perimeter guy at 8. Someone who can get you 24 a night without needing 20shots and who can take over games in crunch time. We've had good luck with UNC small forwards before, so, based on that alone, I'll go with Barnes....

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              1) one of Barnes, Lillard, or Waiters
              2) Barnes

***In my opinion, the key to the draft is Andre Drummond. If he goes top 7, one of Barnes, Lillar, or Waiters is on the board for Toronto. If he slides, this season was a difficult pill to swallow***
              I'm with you on this one but you can change Barnes with Lillard for number 2.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                ...Someone who can get you 24 a night without needing 20shots and who can take over games in crunch time...
                Is that all you hope for at the 8 spot? Not someone who can walk on water, or has an iron suit? Should be no problem.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Is that all you hope for at the 8 spot? Not someone who can walk on water, or has an iron suit? Should be no problem.
                  Well then, move up or move out of the draft to get that guy. If we're drafting another Derozan or Ed Davis then just move the pick. Raps have enough bench players and backups. Elite players are needed. If they can't get one at 8, then make a move so they can.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    At 8, I see them taking the best perimeter option available. They don't need a young centre (that JV) and Bargs is the PF. I see no point in taking a rookie to back up either guy.

Since I know next to nothing about any of these guys (I'm not going to pretend I give a crap about NCAA ball or watch it at all), I'm just hopeful that they can snag an impact, perimeter guy at 8. Someone who can get you 24 a night without needing 20shots and who can take over games in crunch time. We've had good luck with UNC small forwards before, so, based on that alone, I'll go with Barnes....
                    There are only 4 players in the league who met that criteria (and the 4th is a rounding on my part):

Player/points/shots

Lebron/27.1/18.9
                    Durant/28.0/19.7
                    Love/26.0/19.3
                    Westbrook/23.6/19.2

Those happen to be 4 of the top 5 scorers in the league with Kobe at 27.9 on 23.0 shots excluded.

I think everyone would be hoping for this type of talent/player - even if they are taking almost 20 shots per game to get to 24 points.

Comment

My big board of 8: (subject to change)

AD
                      MKG
                      Barnes
                      Beal
                      Robinson
                      Lillard
                      Waiters
                      Drummond

Of those, Barnes, Lillard, Waiters, and Drummond are the only ones that seem reasonable. Praying for Barnes, preparing for Drummond.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they started this hideous rumour that Waiters is actually good.
                        I knew it!

Comment

Bradley Beal, but that will never happen.

Realistically, I want Dion Waiters.

My Big Board (for Toronto)
                          Waiters
                          Lillard
                          Rivers
                          Drummond**
                          Ross
                          Harkless
                          PJ3

The first 3 are guys who can create their own shot. I think we need this the most. A second guy who can adequately run a pick and roll.

**Drummond, in order to move back in the draft while also getting additional assets in return. Someone HAS to be interested in the guy. I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on him, but that would mean a negative impact on JV. no no no no

Ross, Harkless and PJ3 - happens if we move back a few slots. All 3 are fascinating. Ross is another athletic wing prospect. Add some beef on that frame, he should be solid. Harkless and PJ3 seem to have very high ceilings, with less risk on taking Harkless, but more reward taking PJ3. The latter 3 would address a need at the SF position, with Ross being the only guy remotely close to being NBA ready.
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

5 hours until the draft... (5 and a half if the first half hour is 'pre game' banter)

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              5 hours until the draft... (5 and a half if the first half hour is 'pre game' banter)
                              My wife is going to punch me in the face soon.

I've been calling out the count down nearly every hour, on the hour for the last 24 hours (that we have been awake). It has got to the point where I say, "Guess what?" She looks at clock/watch/phone and says, "5 hours, I know."

Comment

I like Ross a lot but wouldn't take him at 8. I think they could trade down to the 10-12 spot and pick up him plus another asset. Especially if we're trading with Houston and get the 12 + a later first-rounder. I think he definitely fits what Colangelo was talking about with being able to take a guy with high upside who might take longer to develop.

I don't want the Raptors to stay at 8. If Drummond were to fall to 8 (seems highly possible), it would put the Raptors in a difficult situation, where he's clearly the BPA and also the worst organizational fit. Either you avoid the problem by trading up and getting one of those tier 2 players who would actually fit with the team, or you wait until your draft pick, and if Drummond is the BPA, you see what other teams will give you to trade up.

Comment

Working...
                                X