Draft day is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

octothorp wrote: View Post
    I like Ross a lot but wouldn't take him at 8. I think they could trade down to the 10-12 spot and pick up him plus another asset. Especially if we're trading with Houston and get the 12 + a later first-rounder. I think he definitely fits what Colangelo was talking about with being able to take a guy with high upside who might take longer to develop.

I don't want the Raptors to stay at 8. If Drummond were to fall to 8 (seems highly possible), it would put the Raptors in a difficult situation, where he's clearly the BPA and also the worst organizational fit. Either you avoid the problem by trading up and getting one of those tier 2 players who would actually fit with the team, or you wait until your draft pick, and if Drummond is the BPA, you see what other teams will give you to trade up.
    If the Raps came out of the night with Lowry and Ross, I'd be happy.

Even with the possibility of Nash, Lowry is a great value in the NBA. And if Nash decides to go elsewhere, they aren't stuck.

Lowry to Portland for Matthews would be great if Nash came here.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      My wife is going to punch me in the face soon.

I've been calling out the count down nearly every hour, on the hour for the last 24 hours (that we have been awake). It has got to the point where I say, "Guess what?" She looks at clock/watch/phone and says, "5 hours, I know."
      My wife has decided to go shopping and then have dinner at the in-laws... leaving me free to enjoy the ENTIRE draft! I should be excited, but her birthday's in a few weeks and I have this very bad, nagging feeling that I suddently have '1st overall' type expectations being placed on me to deliver the goods! lol At least I'll enjoy tonight!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        My wife has decided to go shopping and then have dinner at the in-laws... leaving me free to enjoy the ENTIRE draft! I should be excited, but her birthday's in a few weeks and I have this very bad, nagging feeling that I suddently have '1st overall' type expectations being placed on me to deliver the goods! lol At least I'll enjoy tonight!
        My wife is going out with her girlfriends to watch whatever movie is out about male strippers.

If either of my two girls (2 years old and 3 months old) cause a disturbance tonight, it has been made clear that I will be owed big time.

Comment

I really hope we dont Draft Waiters. Does anyone know of a current player (all-star, borderline-all star, good role player) who was a 6th man/bench player in college? Maybe there is? I just dont know.

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
            I really hope we dont Draft Waiters. Does anyone know of a current player (all-star, borderline-all star, good role player) who was a 6th man/bench player in college? Maybe there is? I just dont know.
            Marvin Williams is the only one that comes to my mind and he is a role player/bust at #2.

Good trivia though.

Comment

thinking the same thing. I just don't get his hype. I hope GSW takes him so that we don't have to even think about him.

For me its Drummond or trade down(assuming of course lillard and barnes are off). He's a great prospect and we would have 2 very good prospects at the 5 for years.

Gonna be an exciting night. Good luck BC. Makes us proud

Comment

My wife's heading out tonight too, leaving me all alone to enjoy draft goodness. They must have a 6th sense about this stuff...

Comment

BC pulls this one out of his hat: Austin Rivers
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Lets go raptors!!!!!
                    Im so pumped up lol!!!
                    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Toronto Should go with Damian Lillard which i doubt will slide to us, I would also would be pleased if we selected either Dion Waiters, Jeremy Lamb or Andre Drummond. I doubt Harrison Barnes will fall to 8 the furthest he can fall is 6 IMO. I would assume bc will be picking one of these guys but I cant put my finger on who BC is going to go with at this point.
                      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

I'm afraid of getting my hopes up too high that Barnes falls to #8, but it certainly seems to be a distinct possiblity, based on all the most recent rumors/rumblings I've read today!

I could very well see the draft go Davis, Robinson, Beal, MKG, Drummond, Lillard, Waiters and Barnes. My one concern is that is exactly what Ford's latest mock draft is on ESPN... and those mock drafts are never right 8 picks deep!!!

Comment

I'm so effing pumped.

This is worse than the anticipation before Christmas as an 8 year old!

Comment

One hour! Who's it gonna be??
                            My guess is Waiters, but hoping for Barnes

Comment

With the 8th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. The Toronto Raptors select Austin Rivers from Duke University!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                I'm so effing pumped.

This is worse than the anticipation before Christmas as an 8 year old!
                                Effing right.

Comment

Working...
                                X