Tor - Cle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor - Cle

8th pick and Amir Johnson for 4th pick and Luke Walton (expiring 6m)

Why Cleveland - allows them add a high motor big man to compete with Tristan for minutes and serve as backup to Anderson Verejao and they still get to add a solid piece in the draft

Why Toronto - Ensures they get their man and relieves them of the long term salary of Amir and gives them 6 million off the books next summer
    Last edited by thead; Thu Jun 28, 2012, 09:41 AM.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Why would Cleveland send out an expiring Walton for Amir who they really have no use for? Not to mention, they want Beal or Barnes so dropping to 8th makes no sense unless they get considerably better talent back.

Comment

Cleveland has no use for a 3rd big?

They will get Amir and still be able to pick up a Waiters, Rivers, Lamb, etc...
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

There were rumors on RealCavsFans that the Cavaliers would trade down to #6 as it's likely one of the 3 players they wanted would still be available at #6. I don't recall reading any rumors about trading down to #8.

As much as I appreciate Amir Johnson on the Raptors, he is not an attractive option for the Cavaliers as Andy is much better version of Amir. The Cavaliers may or may pick up a third big but if they do, I expect it will be someone whose natural position is center.

Comment

Working...
        X