Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minny shopping Derrick Williams

I say we take him
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

yeah was surprised this wasn't getting more attention... he can shoot the 3 is extremely athletic/explosive

Comment

I was really high on him during last year's draft, but I don't think he's worth the #8 pick, which is what I assume Minny would ask for. I've also really soured on 'tweeners', whether it's combo PG-SG or SF-PF. I'm all for roster flexibility, but a lot of the tweeners that seem to get so much hype for their versatility, wind up being decent at multiple positions but excellent at neither (ie: Williams isn't athletic enough for SF, but is too small for PF, unless he plays only short bursts). I don't mind tweeners for the 2nd unit, but I am now leaning towards starters having defined positions with the skillset/attributes to excel at that one spot.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I don't mind tweeners for the 2nd unit, but I am now leaning towards starters having defined positions with the skillset/attributes to excel at that one spot.
        I agree with you but BC loves his combo players

Comment

With the exception of experience he is exactly what we need
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I'd love Williams for the Raps 2nd unit (ahead of Davis, Amir, JJ and Kleiza for mainly the PF spot), just not at the cost of the #8 pick. I wonder what else Minny might take for him?

Love is their only true PF... I wonder if Amir & #37/2013 1st round pick would be enough? I'd do a deal along those lines, just not one that involves the #8 pick (especially after they traded their 1st round pick to Houston). I just highly doubt that would entice Minny to trade him, especially since they could likely get better offers elsewhere.

Comment

I'd do Amir 8/36 and next years 1st for Pekovic and Williams

Comment

The Wolves are asking A LOT for him. Toronto has nothing to part with to get him since they are looking for #2 from Charlotte.

Remember last year how valuable he was? Funny how 1 year changes so much for so many draft picks. From coveted to trade bait in a year.

Comment

JJ and the 8 for williams maybe?
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    JJ and the 8 for williams maybe?
                    joking? Or do I have to ask what are you smoking?
                    I wouldn't trade the 8 for him at all, let alone throw in JJ. We do not need any more PF's, it is quite simply the one position we are locked up in.

Comment

RNsteve wrote: View Post
                      joking? Or do I have to ask what are you smoking?
                      I wouldn't trade the 8 for him at all, let alone throw in JJ. We do not need any more PF's, it is quite simply the one position we are locked up in.
                      I hate Williams, I don't think he'll ever be a great player but to think that the Wolves would want anything less than what Raptorsss offered is absurd. They drafted him 2nd overall last year, for them to only get an 8th pick for him people would want their GM's head on a stick (more so than they already do)

Comment

I was high on Williams last year, and I'm still somewhat intrigued by him. But I'm intrigued by the 8th pick more.

If there's an opportunity to obtain Williams without costing us the 8th pick, I'm all for it (future picks plus our second rounders, perhaps?).

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          I hate Williams, I don't think he'll ever be a great player but to think that the Wolves would want anything less than what Raptorsss offered is absurd. They drafted him 2nd overall last year, for them to only get an 8th pick for him people would want their GM's head on a stick (more so than they already do)
                          Oh I agree the wolves would never do it, I'm just stating that a trade for JJ & the 8th makes absolutely no sense as far as the raptors are concerned. He was a bad pick(not a bad player) by the wolves, and is even more unneeded here in Raptor land.

Comment

remember when williams struggled to score during the rookie/sophmore game
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                              yeah was surprised this wasn't getting more attention... he can shoot the 3 is extremely athletic/explosive
                              not only that but Williams was the 2nd pick in last years draft. Val is considered the 2nd pick this year. So essentially we wouold have the 2nd pick 2 years in a row.

Comment

Working...
                              X