View Poll Results: (When) Should the Raps fire BC?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediately

    4 7.69%
  • If we lose out on Nash and finish in the lotto next year

    11 21.15%
  • I still trust him, don't foresee a firing.

    37 71.15%
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 391

Thread: Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

    ok this is a reactionary post but come on now Terrence Ross?! is it because he has the same initials as the Toronto Raptors?! is BC high?! I am so sick of his macho head games! This is BC stab in the dark because if this Terrence Ross doesn't pan out and Drummond becomes a beast then he should get his ass packing and take his fat Italian assistent GM with him!!!

    Ok lets all calm down and take a deep breath.....

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i think he's a very good shooter and one of the more athletic dudes in the draft. Basically he's a much much better version of sonny weems. Him and DeRozan should make a good 1 - 2 punch on the wing

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i think he's a very good shooter and one of the more athletic dudes in the draft. Basically he's a much much better version of sonny weems. Him and DeRozan should make a good 1 - 2 punch on the wing
    So couldn't the Raptors have traded down to get him?! There better be something else brewing.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    So couldn't the Raptors have traded down to get him?! There better be something else brewing.
    Maybe no one was willing to trade. And who knows if he would still be there

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    So couldn't the Raptors have traded down to get him?! There better be something else brewing.
    There was a report somewhere that Huston was going to take him at 12!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Also, I'm guessing Colangelo's draftcredentials are a lot better than yours? Some reflection on why he drafted this guy might be in order Hotshot.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Trust me I was surprised and a little dissapointed that they didn't draft Rivers or Lamb, but Terrence Ross is a pure 'baller.' He addresses every single one of our needs. A small forward, a shooter, and shot creator, scorer, defender. He can do everything, and in his college season, he averaged as much as Demar averaged on Toronto.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not sure if he's a small forward though. I think he's a 2 guard, that can play the 3 much like Derozan

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DaveKim wrote: View Post
    Not sure if he's a small forward though. I think he's a 2 guard, that can play the 3 much like Derozan
    Sounds like you are describing Sonny Weem.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    All part of the Plan. And that plan is steve nash, they are going guns blazing to grab him, pick and rolls with jonas, and now a shooter for nash, its a best fit pick. Solid pick.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Sounds like you are describing Sonny Weem.
    except that he can shoot the 3 and defend.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My guess is he'll be better at SG; let's start a trade DeMar! thread.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ancaster, Ont (Via Serbia)
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    My guess is he'll be better at SG; let's start a trade DeMar! thread.
    We traded Barbosa. T Ross as a backup SG?
    While Ross may not have as high a ceiling as Drummond -I firmly believe Ross can become part of our rotation much sooner.
    Would Drummond have more trade value? Probably. Unfortunately we don't know what trades/offer were on table.
    IMO Ross was much better choice than Rivers or Lamb. Time will show if BC was right.

  14. #14
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can't help but chuckle when somebody calls for a guys head solely because he makes a decision conflicting with a group of writers who will never be trusted with the kinds of responsibilities that Colangelo has. Look at the man's track record even. If you don't agree with the pick he's still earned the benefit of the doubt.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Can't help but chuckle when somebody calls for a guys head solely because he makes a decision conflicting with a group of writers who will never be trusted with the kinds of responsibilities that Colangelo has. Look at the man's track record even. If you don't agree with the pick he's still earned the benefit of the doubt.
    Whatever happened to choosing best overall talent over need?! it seems to me that Drummond would have been the right choice for this pick.

  16. #16
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Whatever happened to choosing best overall talent over need?! it seems to me that Drummond would have been the right choice for this pick.
    How can you say he didn't? Can you please take a picture of Colangelo's official draft board and post it here? Thanks.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    How can you say he didn't? Can you please take a picture of Colangelo's official draft board and post it here? Thanks.
    Can you please say that he did?!

    And I like how you changed the name of this thread from "fire BC" to "Fire Colangelo because he doesn't agree with the mock draft". How about you get it right instead and agree to say " Fire Colangelo because of his 6 mediocre years track record of the Toronto Raptors due to bad decisions and missed oppertuinities"

  18. #18
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Can you please say that he did?!

    And I like how you changed the name of this thread from "fire BC" to "Fire Colangelo because he doesn't agree with the mock draft". How about you get it right instead and agree to say " Fire Colangelo because of his 6 mediocre years track record of the Toronto Raptors due to bad decisions and missed oppertuinities"
    I can't say either because I wasn't at the workouts. It would be ignorant for me to slam a guy who has a proven draft track record when I only have access to a small fraction of information that he has.

    I think the title of the thread is valid now. Let's face it, if Chad Ford was telling us that Terence Ross was the 3rd best player in the draft there would be a "Let's have a parade for Colangelo" thread in here right now. Like I said about a hundred times leading up to the draft, these mock draft guys get it wrong at a ridiculously high rate so why all the respect?

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Rookie oldmanweldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Can you please say that he did?!
    Interesting rebuttal. What are your thoughts on your being rubber and his being glue?

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't mind it, he's like a poor mans version of MKG with a jumper.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •