View Poll Results: (When) Should the Raps fire BC?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediately

4 7.69%
  • If we lose out on Nash and finish in the lotto next year

11 21.15%
  • I still trust him, don't foresee a firing.

37 71.15%
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

ok this is a reactionary post but come on now Terrence Ross?! is it because he has the same initials as the Toronto Raptors?! is BC high?! I am so sick of his macho head games! This is BC stab in the dark because if this Terrence Ross doesn't pan out and Drummond becomes a beast then he should get his ass packing and take his fat Italian assistent GM with him!!!

Ok lets all calm down and take a deep breath.....

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think he's a very good shooter and one of the more athletic dudes in the draft. Basically he's a much much better version of sonny weems. Him and DeRozan should make a good 1 - 2 punch on the wing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i think he's a very good shooter and one of the more athletic dudes in the draft. Basically he's a much much better version of sonny weems. Him and DeRozan should make a good 1 - 2 punch on the wing
    So couldn't the Raptors have traded down to get him?! There better be something else brewing.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    So couldn't the Raptors have traded down to get him?! There better be something else brewing.
    Maybe no one was willing to trade. And who knows if he would still be there

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I'm guessing Colangelo's draftcredentials are a lot better than yours? Some reflection on why he drafted this guy might be in order Hotshot.

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me I was surprised and a little dissapointed that they didn't draft Rivers or Lamb, but Terrence Ross is a pure 'baller.' He addresses every single one of our needs. A small forward, a shooter, and shot creator, scorer, defender. He can do everything, and in his college season, he averaged as much as Demar averaged on Toronto.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is he'll be better at SG; let's start a trade DeMar! thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help but chuckle when somebody calls for a guys head solely because he makes a decision conflicting with a group of writers who will never be trusted with the kinds of responsibilities that Colangelo has. Look at the man's track record even. If you don't agree with the pick he's still earned the benefit of the doubt.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind it, he's like a poor mans version of MKG with a jumper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    I don't mind it, he's like a poor mans version of MKG with a jumper.
    My thinking EXACTLY.

Solid defender. Solid Shooter. Solid Athlete. Good Hustle. Good Size. So what if we took him a bit high.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm relieved that the Lowry thing didn't happen, I tell you that.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    My thinking EXACTLY.

Solid defender. Solid Shooter. Solid Athlete. Good Hustle. Good Size. So what if we took him a bit high.
    We could have traded down and got him, Which is what I don't like about it.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love BC. If he picked rivers or Drummond we would have gone to bed with an uneasy, semi satisfied, uninspired feeling. Instead he pulls one out of his $&# and leaves you wondering about the possibility that maybe something more is to come or maybe he knows something we don't. Not sure if that translates to progress but we'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Can't help but chuckle when somebody calls for a guys head solely because he makes a decision conflicting with a group of writers who will never be trusted with the kinds of responsibilities that Colangelo has. Look at the man's track record even. If you don't agree with the pick he's still earned the benefit of the doubt.
    Whatever happened to choosing best overall talent over need?! it seems to me that Drummond would have been the right choice for this pick.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Defend Bryan Colangelo as much as you want but drafting Drummond was obviously the smartest decision even if he had no plans of keeping him. His trade value alone is enough to warant the pick. Let's hope Ross is worth being taken over Rivers and Lamb also. Hey, you never know, maybe some sort of deal offers some insight into this pick...cause it simply makes zero sense as of right now.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm relieved that the Lowry thing didn't happen, I tell you that.
    I'm not. I don't want any part of this Nash crap. He is a terrible option in the long run, bringing him would be solely to sell seats.

Quote jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
    Defend Bryan Colangelo as much as you want but drafting Drummond was obviously the smartest decision even if he had no plans of keeping him. His trade value alone is enough to warant the pick. Let's hope Ross is worth being taken over Rivers and Lamb also. Hey, you never know, maybe some sort of deal offers some insight into this pick...cause it simply makes zero sense as of right now.
    This, I wish he would have drafted him and used him to trade for someone.

Raptors Republic Rookie big red's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not my favourite pick, but other than Drummond, was there really anybody noticeably better? Maybe Lamb, but really, once the first seven picks were made it was really a sea of near-equal potential. I'm shocked. I'm disappointed that we didn't land Lillard or Barnes. But I'm not ready to second-guess the pick based on the players who were off the board already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
    Right, with Drummond his value would have been the highest even before he would have hit the NBA basketball court and would have yielded more and higher offers for players they do want then dangling Ed Davis or Amir.

I can't wait for the press conference with BC and Casey smiling and saying "this is the guy we always wanted to take, he is solid" or some crap like that.

For every move BC makes that's right, he makes a counter move that ain't right which is why the Raptors haven't really gotten anywhere in years.

I see Drummond becoming the Rudy Gay of 2012. You know the guy with the great talent but slipped in the draft standings because he had questionable character or work ethics.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Jun 28th, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how everyone looks at mock drafts and got pissed when it didn't pan out exactly how the mocks predicted. Ross is by far the 2nd best SF in the draft and has a ton of potential with little downside

Raptors Republic Rookie oldmanweldon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand why everyone is upset they didn't take Drummond, because what draft picks have better records than hyper athletic big men who don't have their head in the game?

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information