View Poll Results: (When) Should the Raps fire BC?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediately

4 7.69%
  • If we lose out on Nash and finish in the lotto next year

11 21.15%
  • I still trust him, don't foresee a firing.

37 71.15%
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I agree that I like the idea of signing Nash. But if it was any other player who was turning 39 next season that BC was considering signing to $10M per season, I think more fans might be skeptical. If moving from the dry heat of Phoenix to the bone-numbing frigid cold of Toronto causes Nash's age to catch up to him and he only plays 1 season (but gets paid for 3), fans will be lining up outside BC's office with burning torches, referring to the signing as Hakeem 2.0!

I'd hardly call his opinion "hating". He's got a valid point, it just happens to be in the minority right now.
    well if you check his track record most of his threads are reactions to things like the draft or a signing that he dislikes. Basically it is hating. Most of the time he's wrong and he's said this line a million times: "I will not support this team if management waste money on..." but yet he's still here. The dude needs to make up his mind, when i first became a raptors fan i used to be like that too. But you gotta keep an open mind if your a raptors fan or you'll get screwed.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a troll or a sarcastic post. It's an honest assessment of the state of the team. I'm actually impressed with the optimism (homerism?) displayed in the replies, kudos to you all. I'm fed up with seeing my team as a laughing stock, and I'm surprised more of you don't echo that sentiment. Colangelo is a punchline outside of TO. The Steve Nash thing is such a retarded idea that I still refuse to believe we'll be stupid enough to try it. Every time people need a meaningless team reference, Toronto is the go-to. If Vegas issued over/under 0.5 All Star games for our last 3 lottery picks, the under would be hammered so hard it would be taken off the board. And Devin/Rautins DO suck.. hard. I'm floored that somebody defended them here. I resorted to muting the games unless it was obvious Jack was 4 MGDs in the bag. Rod Black sucks too. The only people that like him are middle aged women that wanted to bang him in the 80's.

But I did leave out a few positive points, so to show im not just being a Negative Nancy, here they are:

The TBJ guys are awesome. In fact, much of the non-mainstream, non RapsTV coverage of the team is good. Raps republic and even Carefoot frequently post good stuff. It would be even more enjoyable if there was even one exciting aspect to this team at the moment.

Pound the Rock is a decent attempt to change the culture of the team. It's encouraging to see a coach that understands the fundamental change necessary in this organization.

The turban/beard guy under the visitors hoop is always a comfort to see. That guy brings it.

The weird 3D baseline paint is very cool.

The fanbase has unlimited (although largely untapped) potential; ACC is a good arena. If this team ever got it together, we'd have something real going on.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't help it. I hate the pick, sorry. Terrence Ross is a long shot to ever be a regular NBA starter.
    Last edited by stretch; Fri Jun 29th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

no i see it as a major troll post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    I can't help it. I hate the pick, sorry. Terrence Ross is a long shot to ever be an NBA starter.
    you gotta stop following the mock drafts bro. Who would you rather have? overrated Rivers?Lazy Lamb?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    you gotta stop following the mock drafts bro. Who would you rather have? overrated Rivers?Lazy Lamb?
    Yes and yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You know your team sucks when the fan message board mods have to merge threads to prevent the site from getting overrun with negativity.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the mega anger thread. I've merged like five of them. Let's see if the Internet can contain this "Ross rage".

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Welcome to the mega anger thread. I've merged like five of them. Let's see if the Internet can contain this "Ross rage".
    Merging threads: The internet forum moderators equivalent to having sex.

Post Thanks / Like

i find it hilarious that your name is NoBan because you might get banned soon if you keep being a complete douche

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was pretty furious with the pick initially, but it is really starting to grow on me. I am really curious to see what BC is going to do with the rest of the offseason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    Merging threads: The internet forum moderators equivalent to having sex.
    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i find it hilarious that your name is NoBan because you might get banned soon if you keep being a complete douche
    Everybody gets one NoProps. NoBan can decide if he wants to keep it real with his name going forward...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    My thinking EXACTLY.

Solid defender. Solid Shooter. Solid Athlete. Good Hustle. Good Size. So what if we took him a bit high.
    Plus he's got a ceiling, unlike MKG with a questionable ceiling.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Everybody gets one.
    Merci, I knew you had a sense of humour! I like your avatar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    I was pretty furious with the pick initially, but it is really starting to grow on me. I am really curious to see what BC is going to do with the rest of the offseason.
    You're wrecking the fury. Seriously though, I'll reserve judgement on the pick because Chad Ford and the gang have low batting averages. Much lower than Colangelo. Free agency will really be the telltale on where he's taking this team short term... Maybe long term.

Post Thanks / Like

I visited a Houston Rockets fan forum site because I like the picks they made last night, Lamb, White and Jones and I thought that it would be interesting to see what the consensus was among Rockets fans. The second post I read was all about how GM Morey had it all wrong and the Rockets should be tanking.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is everyone hating on Ross? Start watching college basketball, seriously. I don't think it was a bad pick, we went with need because everyone else who the Raptors were realistically after were called. Lillard, Barnes, Waiters. All GONE before our eyes.

BC has NEVER made a BAD pick yet. Think about the pick in 2008, Roy Hibbert in the second round? Think people, even though he traded Hibbert, look how he panned out? Bargnani has shown his ability to play like an all-star. Derozan and Ed hasn't really dissapointed, they sure as hell aren't busts. Jonas if in this draft, would've been selected behind Davis or Gilchrist according to NBA Analysts.

Ross was the next on the Raptors' board, and I believe he will be a real nice player, I think he as potential to be a solid starter in the league. Guy can shoot, score, and defend. Addresses our need of a shooter, our culture defensive, and our need to get some baskets...

Austin Rivers and Lamb may pan out better than Ross, but those guys likely might not fit our plans. Rivers is a combo guard who NEEDS the ball, another Ellis/Jennings type player. Don't get me wrong, I am a big Rivers fan, but I grew on the pick. Lamb I would've been pleased with, but he's another character the raptors don't need to disease the locker-room of laziness, oh, and random yawning during interviews.. Ross is a high character player, and unselfish, two things that Lamb and Rivers have some sort of error with. Ross is high character, and he showed some flash with that bow-tie.

Raptors Republic Rookie oldmanweldon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I find the lack of consistency with some people on this board frustrating. It seems like so many of the guys on the team get ragged on for having a bad attitude or dogging it, and then people get mad when the Raptors draft a guy who shows consistent effort on both ends, instead of Lamb (dogs it when the game isn't flowing through him) or Rivers (total headcase ego-maniac).

After hearing about the thousands of cheering fans who greeted OKC when they got off their plane, I really suspect if the Raptors won the championship in five games, fans would show up to boo them for not doing it in a sweep.

Raptors Republic Rookie oldmanweldon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Ross is high character, and he showed some flash with that bow-tie.
    Also this! Where the hell is the guy's credit for fashion sense?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information