View Poll Results: (When) Should the Raps fire BC?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediately

    4 7.69%
  • If we lose out on Nash and finish in the lotto next year

    11 21.15%
  • I still trust him, don't foresee a firing.

    37 71.15%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Results 381 to 391 of 391

Thread: Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

  1. #381
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Lol I complain about the same issues? Give me some proof. That's probably why this thread is mostly full of your posts not mine right ?
    You've mis-read the post.

  2. #382
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He meant that you said "you complain about the same issues". I was gonna point it out but I wasn't entirely sure

  3. #383
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    You've mis-read the post.
    ya sorry but its true that you complain about the same issues

  4. #384
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Well you neglected to mention their leading scorer (Martin) and the man who took Lowry's starting job (Dragic), never mind some of the other solid role players they have. Regardless, I don't know how you can say the Rockets had less talent than the Raps last year and still won 11 more games in a tougher conference. Is Kevin McHale the greatest coach in the game right now or something?
    Yes, Dragic took over the starting spot with less games left in the season anyway with 28 games as a starter. Kevin Martin didn't take over games did he? Was he the talent that could win you a game? Of course he was a leading scorer, but that's what he's been known to do, purely get you buckets. He's no star.

    I do agree I over-exaggerated the fact that the Rockets have less talent than the Raptors, being they were 9th in a tough conference, but without Lowry on that team in the beginning of the season, I just don't see the same success they would've had.

    Lowry is a top-10 point guard, and he is an upgrade towards Jose at the position. If he really IS our best player, I'm not to worried because he can play and compete individually with the best. With our additions of talent in Ross, Fields, Valanciunas + Lowry, I automatically can say we will be a better team than Houston was this past season.

    My original argument was I stated something that I've read, that Lowry 'POSSIBLY' is our best player, and that with him as our best player isn't something we should worry about. The guy can play, and he's most definitely a player who can be an all-star in this league.

  5. #385
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    ya sorry but its true that you complain about the same issues
    more than 1 issue, more than 1 thread.

  6. #386
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    more than 1 issue, more than 1 thread.
    No

  7. #387
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    No
    cool story, bro

  8. #388
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Yes, Dragic took over the starting spot with less games left in the season anyway with 28 games as a starter. Kevin Martin didn't take over games did he? Was he the talent that could win you a game? Of course he was a leading scorer, but that's what he's been known to do, purely get you buckets. He's no star.

    I do agree I over-exaggerated the fact that the Rockets have less talent than the Raptors, being they were 9th in a tough conference, but without Lowry on that team in the beginning of the season, I just don't see the same success they would've had.

    Lowry is a top-10 point guard, and he is an upgrade towards Jose at the position. If he really IS our best player, I'm not to worried because he can play and compete individually with the best. With our additions of talent in Ross, Fields, Valanciunas + Lowry, I automatically can say we will be a better team than Houston was this past season.

    My original argument was I stated something that I've read, that Lowry 'POSSIBLY' is our best player, and that with him as our best player isn't something we should worry about. The guy can play, and he's most definitely a player who can be an all-star in this league.
    What? I've already told you I like Lowry, I support the trade, and I think that he could very easily be our best player next year.

    My original argument is that if Lowry is your best player then you're not a very good team (i.e: the rockets last year)

  9. #389
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    cool story, bro
    just testing a theory

  10. #390
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    What? I've already told you I like Lowry, I support the trade, and I think that he could very easily be our best player next year.

    My original argument is that if Lowry is your best player then you're not a very good team (i.e: the rockets last year)
    Oh man, here we go again... :P

    You have your opinion, I have mine, I guess we agree to disagree than. Your opinion is we aren't going to be a good team with Lowry our best player, mine was we CAN be a good team with Lowry as our best player.

  11. #391
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    713
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    What? I've already told you I like Lowry, I support the trade, and I think that he could very easily be our best player next year.

    My original argument is that if Lowry is your best player then you're not a very good team (i.e: the rockets last year)
    Overall, I think the Raptors 2012-13 roster, as of today, is much better than the Rockets roster last year, although not by much. So easier conference, with Bulls, Hawks and soon to be Magic I foresee not having as great of a season as the previous, I think the Raptors are good for at least the 8th spot in the east.

    Very good team ... is a vague classification, a general assumption that is left for interpretation. But I would suggest that there would only be 5 very good teams in the NBA. (ie: Carmelo Anthony was the Knicks' best player = they were not a very good team) meanwhile, (Roy Hibbert was Indiana's best player & they would have had a stronger bid for being considered a very good team)
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

    -- Charles Barkley

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •