Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's not get carried away here. BC is not a great GM, but he is learning on the go. He's by no means a top 10 GM, but he's survived thus far.. personally I would have liked to see him get fired a couple years ago, but seeing as we didn't fire him I rather see what he's got in store.

Hopefully we get Landry Fields, but if we don't, then at least we're that much closer to landing Nash.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
      Rivers is an incredible talent and his basketball IQ is unmatched in this entire draft class. I can see Beal being an attractive player, but prior to Duke failing to advance far into the NCAA tournament it was pretty wide open in terms of scouting and how might be the best SG out there. Beal was (and still is) undersized for his position.

I don't know how you could possibly tell at this age that a player will be a franchise killer.
      Rivers will get out-muscled by players like Beal. And he had very low assist numbers for a guy that had the ball in his hands so often. He's a good scorer, don't get me wrong. But Beal is the better player, IMO

Comment

• Rivers reminds me of Steve Francis... and not in a good way

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
          Rivers reminds me of Steve Francis... and not in a good way
          LOL your pic is great

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
            BC is easily one of the top 10 GMs in the NBA who is not scared to pull of big trade attempts at getting big free agents. If you're gonna fire BC, you're gonna regret it. I also love how you haven't answered my question of who would replace BC if we fired him. As the original poster of the firing of BC, you haven't even given a possible GM to replace him. This can only mean that you can't name one GM that would do better than BC. Therefore, your whole argument is invalid. As for me writing a lot, it's cuz I have to get it through your thick ignorant skull. I don't see any harm in the "Pound the Rock" mentality. I feel like it's good indicator that BC and DC are serious about getting rid of the image of the Raptors being a poor defensive team and I'm pretty sure that's what every Raptors fan has wanted for the past 3-4 years. I think NoPropsNeeded has a point in the mentality that Toronto is a horrible place to play basketball. I wouldn't call them idiots or morons, but I would definitely call them ignorant players who are not open-minded and are uneducated about the world outside the US. The Raptors might not be an amazing team right now, but Toronto should be as great of a destination as NY if players would be more open-minded. Toronto is a beautiful city with a multicultural environment, one of the bigger markets in the NBA, and a loyal/strong fan-base (probably excluding you as it's obvious that you don't support the Raptors). I give props to NoPropsNeeded (no pun intended) for including this in the conversation. As for you, you are a senseless and moronic "fan"! You think being a GM is easy because you try to do it yourself in these forums along with everyone else. But there is more to being a GM than what people try to do in these forums. BC isn't perfect and no one expects him to be, but he has done his job as well as he can with what he is given. If you can't understand that, then you are no Raptors fan! Since you have not provided any counter argument to my previous post, I will assume that you have no further logical rebuttal and thus, your argument is again obsolete! Good day to you, good sir!

Pretty unfair to discredit the fully justified criticism of BC because I don't have the means to engage in a full-blown GM search. For one, Donny Walsh is available. And why do you cote your posts so thickly in childish insults? They only show that you are on the defensive. Lashing out is a last resort.

Colangelo hired Dwane Casey (who brought in the Pound the Rock mentality).
            Are you sure that DC didn't just show up one day?

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
              Pretty unfair to discredit the fully justified criticism of BC because I don't have the means to engage in a full-blown GM search. For one, Donny Walsh is available. And why do you cote your posts so thickly in childish insults? They only show that you are on the defensive. Lashing out is a last resort.

Are you sure that DC didn't just show up one day?
              Like I said, your whole argument is about firing BC and it's completely flawed considering you clearly haven't thought it through. For one thing, it's Donnie Walsh. Secondly, you clearly don't know anything about the NBA since Donnie Walsh already has a job being the President of Basketball Operations for the Pacers. Makes no sense to be the president of one team and be the GM of a rival Eastern Conference team at the same time. And don't say he's gonna quit his job to come here. What's better? Being the president of a young team that got all the way to the second round of the playoffs last year or being the GM of a team that's still technically finding itself in the NBA and hasn't been in the playoffs for 4 years? Gee, I don't know that answer to that... Also, what is the point of firing a GM if you can't even find a good enough replacement? You clearly don't know who should replace him which can only mean you never thought of that in your original argument to fire him. And I'm on the defensive? Look at how short and sloppy your arguments are getting. You're clearly done with all your counter-arguments because you don't have anything else to argue about that would make any sense since you know I'm right. Unless you can think of anything else unintelligent to say as a rebuttal, you're fighting for a pointless argument. Face it. Your argument is completely out the window now! Doesn't matter whether or not BC is doing a bad job or not. If you can't find a good enough replacement that will do better than what he's doing right now, there is no point firing him.

Comment

Pretty unfair to discredit the fully justified criticism of BC because I don't have the means to engage in a full-blown GM search. For one, Donny Walsh is available.
                NoBan, you may want to tone it down but, as a guy who wanted Colangelo fired 2 years ago you have to get used to the usual excuses for Colangelo. They usually go something like this:

1. He is respected by "them". (Though it never seems to translate into anything for the team)
                2. He tries really hard and swings for the fences. (This is one of the excuses when you point out the lack of results)
                3. Toronto is an impossible place to run a basketball team/no free agents will come here/ players don't like: weather, taxes, country, no ESPN, etc. (this is the excuse when you point at the roster is terrible)
                4. There isn't anyone better/no GM will come to Toronto/ who would you want as the new GM, genius? This is the old "devil you know argument". Like the dude who should leave his awful girl but is afraid he won't find anyone better. I love this one cause it flied in the face of their own guy: Colangelo was a highly touted GM and it was a total surprise that he left Phoenix to come to Toronto. Yet, even though it just happened, no other GM with a track record will come to Toronto.
                5. It's not his fault the players he signed were lazy, got injured, didn't pan out. This is usually paired with numbers 2 and 3

There should just be a sticky thread about Colangelo with those excuses in one column and the team's record in another. Would save a lot of time....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  NoBan, you may want to tone it down but, as a guy who wanted Colangelo fired 2 years ago you have to get used to the usual excuses for Colangelo. They usually go something like this:

1. He is respected by "them". (Though it never seems to translate into anything for the team)
                  2. He tries really hard and swings for the fences. (This is one of the excuses when you point out the lack of results)
                  3. Toronto is an impossible place to run a basketball team/no free agents will come here/ players don't like: weather, taxes, country, no ESPN, etc. (this is the excuse when you point at the roster is terrible)
                  4. There isn't anyone better/no GM will come to Toronto/ who would you want as the new GM, genius? This is the old "devil you know argument". Like the dude who should leave his awful girl but is afraid he won't find anyone better. I love this one cause it flied in the face of their own guy: Colangelo was a highly touted GM and it was a total surprise that he left Phoenix to come to Toronto. Yet, even though it just happened, no other GM with a track record will come to Toronto.
                  5. It's not his fault the players he signed were lazy, got injured, didn't pan out. This is usually paired with numbers 2 and 3

There should just be a sticky thread about Colangelo with those excuses in one column and the team's record in another. Would save a lot of time....
                  It's craziness. Not only do they blindly defend the GM, they resort to personal insults when valid points make them defensive. So is it all most people on here that behave like this? Or is it just a few?

Comment

Doesn't matter whether or not BC is doing a bad job or not.
                    This is an actual quote. Is there any way we can get it bronzed on put on display at the ACC? Or least least in the Raps Repub banner?

Edit: I just wanted to comment that this quote is the best attempt at producing a quadruple negative i've ever personally came across. Kudos.
                    Last edited by NoBan; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 03:20 PM.

Comment

It's craziness. Not only do they blindly defend the GM, they resort to personal insults when valid points make them defensive. So is it all most people on here that behave like this? Or is it just a few?
                      No you are just the exception. I personally hate you mainly cuz I hate ignorant people. If you hate the Raptors so much, why do you even have an account on this site? Idiots these days don't make any sense to me.

Comment

No you are just the exception. I personally hate you mainly cuz I hate ignorant people. If you hate the Raptors so much, why do you even have an account on this site? Idiots these days don't make any sense to me.
                        Before all that hate, just remember.. It doesn't matter whether or not you do a bad job or not.

Comment

Before all that hate, just remember.. It doesn't matter whether or not you do a bad job or not.
                          To to a fan - I agree, it does matter.

To the owners it is not nearly so clear. What are the owner motives? If the team is profitable - even as a loser - the owners might be happy to stay status quo.

One thing that can be said about BC: he runs a profitable ship. Might mean dick to fans but the owners make the decision on BC, not the fans.

I'm sure this will spawn a diatribe from someone about the Raps relocating, fans boycotting, etc. Who knows. But as of now the Raps make money. When that changes, maybe ownership opinion does as well.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            To to a fan - I agree, it does matter.

To the owners it is not nearly so clear. What are the owner motives? If the team is profitable - even as a loser - the owners might be happy to stay status quo.

One thing that can be said about BC: he runs a profitable ship. Might mean dick to fans but the owners make the decision on BC, not the fans.

I'm sure this will spawn a diatribe from someone about the Raps relocating, fans boycotting, etc. Who knows. But as of now the Raps make money. When that changes, maybe ownership opinion does as well.
                            Great point. We are the NBA's Leafs. It's a disaster for a fan. Ownership needs to realize that a winner would make much more money.

Comment

Great point. We are the NBA's Leafs. It's a disaster for a fan. Ownership needs to realize that a winner would make much more money.
                              Then don't blame BC. Blame the ownership.... Sigh...

Comment

• The Raps do make money under Colangelo. But if attendance is any indication, money has been dropping year after year.

Comment

Working...
                                X