Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see just as many positive/complimentary comments on Twitter. Could his moves backfire? Of course, but they are just as likely to wind up looking as brilliant, strategic moves.

$6.7M for Fields isn't too crazy (cheaper than Amir!). Plus, he could always trade him in 2 years as a 26 year old SG on an expiring $10M contract... which would mean he only played 2 seasons with Toronto @ $5M per season, which be pretty good for a young, solid rotation player. Or NYK could match, so the contract becomes a moot point. Either way, match or not, the offer sheet alone could be enough to eliminate NYK from contention for Nash. It all depends how you look at it and what else happens (or is prevented from happening).

I don't get the idea of judging BC (or anybody else) based on individual moves in a vacuum. First it was the draft pick, then the Nash pursuit, now the Fields offer sheet (which isn't even a signing yet!)... lets just all take a big, deep breath, and wait until the offseason is over to evaluate all of BC's moves on the whole.

Comment

• Another rage post by No Ban, so no point reading it since I already know it's probably something pathetically stupid! I'll just vote for B) If we lose out on Nash and finish in the lotto next year or C) I still trust him, don't foresee a firing.

Comment

• i think BC is making the best of whats avail. to him, lets face it other then nash theres no other top tier talent on the market that 1 would come here & 2. makes sense for us.. im liking the direction.. hopefully everything falls into place..if so the future looks brighter already..by the way NoBan.. your negative posts only fuel the sane rational people here to realize that things are looking better already.. LOL BC is doing his job just fine if u ask me..

Comment

• The dealing has not finished yet. This is a poll better suited for at least September at the earliest. It is much too premature

Comment

• The thing I give credit for is considering absolutely every option. I didn't see anywhere either in the fan community or in the media where anyone had even discussed the possibility of a Fields offer sheet as a way of blocking NYK of acquiring Nash, yet it makes sense on a few levels. I don't like every move that he makes (for example, I would have preferred the Raps to go hard after Lowry rather than Nash, and I'll be really pissed off if we end up with Lin). He's done exceedingly well at extracting himself from his mistakes (Jermaine O'Neal, and Turkoglu).
            Do I think he's automatically earned a contract extension at this point? Nope, still much more work to do. But any measurement of his performance needs to be far more nuanced than playoff appearance + Nash. If he's drafted a future all-star in Valanciunas, that's a huge plus. Same thing if Ross exceeds early expectations. If he misses out on Nash but finds another solid PG that looks like a good part of the core, that's huge, even if we miss the playoffs next year.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
              Rivers ahead of Beal? I guess your methodology is based upon weather maps and 20 sided dice?

I like Ross, ut didn't expect him either, but only because I was hoping for Lillard, who only shot up in the last couple of weeks, so I had Lillard-tunnel-vision.

I'm so glad we didn't draft Barnes, Rivers or Drummond that Ross will certainly be a favourite player of mine for years to come, since whatever he does or doesn't do, he prevented us from drafting a franchise killer.

He seems like a serviceable player too, so that's a bonus.
              I don't know if you've been living under a rock for the past year or what but Beal's stock didn't rise until after his strong finish to the college basketball season.

Comment

• Board is a glass case of emotion lately
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• By responding to option 3 (most popular by a vast majority), you guys are stating that you want BC around even if we are in the lotto for a 5th straight year? Really? 5 years and zero playoff games is not worthy of firing the GM?

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
                    By responding to option 3 (most popular by a vast majority), you guys are stating that you want BC around even if we are in the lotto for a 5th straight year? Really? 5 years and zero playoff games is not worthy of firing the GM?
                    Where did option 3 state that we would be in the lottery again? Pissed because no one agrees with you?

Comment

• No. He deserves a raise.....

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                        Where did option 3 state that we would be in the lottery again? Pissed because no one agrees with you?
                        Option 2 says fire him if we are in the lotto again. I wouldn't say im pissed. Just totally astonished. 4 straight lotteries and willing to give $55 million to Nash/Fields and people are STILL drinking the cool aid. wow. just wow.

Comment

5 years and zero playoff games is not worthy of firing the GM?
                          6 playoff games

Comment

• No kool aid (and that's a disgusting reference BTW given how many people died). MLSE has the mind control machine turned on, it's mostly focused on the Leafs, but there is a little spill over.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              6 playoff games
                              That was a hypothetical, assuming we miss the playoffs again this upcoming year. Even if you factor in the playoff appearance in his first season, his track record is still pathetic and the support shown here is still completely dumbfounding.

Comment

That was a hypothetical, assuming we miss the playoffs again this upcoming year. Even if you factor in the playoff appearance in his first season, his track record is still pathetic and the support shown here is still completely dumbfounding.
                                oh sure, any point is provable when you ignore the facts that disprove your facts

Comment

Working...
                                X