Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Reports indicate that Colangelo will be on Nash's doorstep at 12:01am on July 1st with an offer. Do you see Colangelo, you know, overhauling the roster by then.....you know?
    Check back on July 16th.

Maybe you are right. Maybe I am right.

Maybe BC has years of experience running a basketball team and is surrounded by half a dozen brainiac basketball advisers who can help him make good decisions.

Maybe it isn't as easy running things from the inside. Maybe other teams don't want to make the trades that the fans want to be made. We don't know. But one thing we can do is see how things look on a couple of weeks.

Comment

I like the Acy pick. It obviously makes Davis or Amir expendable, but I'm sure he'll crack the rotation. He'll be a Casey favourite as soon as summer league starts.
      No second round pick makes anybody in the rotation expendable.

Comment

I agree, Puffer. I didn't mean for my post to sound like the sky is falling. But based on the past 4 years, you can't blame me for lacking in confidence.

Here's hoping Colangelo's master plan (whatever it may be) works out for the best....in the short AND long term.

Comment

Check the expiration date on Colangelo's contract. That's all you need to know.

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, BC's job isn't to put together a team that will win a championship. His job is to put together a team that will make as much money as possible.

Comment

In theory, you're right. But I see an exception to this rule unfolding here. Acy is instantly the most "active" big man on our roster. Acy is a Casey guy through and through.

Comment

How different is he from an Amir Johnson? Johnson is a pretty active undersized PF as well. This is a legit question btw, not a snarky retort.

Comment

I like Amir, but I don't think he has the same level of energy that Acy has.

Comment

...Here's hoping Colangelo's master plan (whatever it may be) works out for the best....in the short AND long term.
                    Amen to that. He has consistently claimed he wants to make plans that help the franchise for the longer term, but as Apollo mentioned in the above post, "Check the expiration date on Colangelo's contract." Hard to imagine that the date on that piece of paper isn't going to have an impact on his actions.

Here's the thing with any Steve Nash deal. Lots of posts here about how Nash isn't the PG of the future. I agree 100%. But the Raps don't need a PG of the future this season.

I don't know what next years draft class looks like, or the one after that. And I don't know what contracts are up next year or the one after that. But I have to believe that there will be deals to be had, and draft picks available. Grabbing someone in this draft, which has been described as PG weak, would not be the solution to PG of the future either. Nash is definitely the solution to PG for the next 2-3 years, and could have an immediate impact on the team. Nash also allows Casey to work out a whole offensive scheme using Pick and rolls with a good shooting PG. They can get players rotations down, develop options and get everyone used to a systems that takes advantage of JV's ability and has spots for a slashing SG/SF. Then they have three years to find a player that could replace Nash in that scheme.

I am all for an immediate improvement and development of a style and system that allows replacement parts to be brought in to take it to the next level. Develop the system, then upgrade the parts. Not a bad formula for success, as opposed to bring in a new super-star, then invent a new system.

Comment

• KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
                      Contrary to popular belief, BC's job isn't to put together a team that will win a championship. His job is to put together a team that will make as much money as possible.
                      Right now his job is to prove that the pieces he's collected are showing progress so that he saves his job. The Raptors make money in the worst of years because the fans keep coming out no matter how bad the product is.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        In theory, you're right. But I see an exception to this rule unfolding here. Acy is instantly the most "active" big man on our roster. Acy is a Casey guy through and through.
                        I don't think he's big enough to call a big man. He's a PF in a SF's body. Kind of like... PJ Tucker. Don't get bme wrong, I really liked Tucker, he just didn't fit in the NBA. A pllayer needs to deliver a lot more than running and doing the blue collar work when he's this kind of tweener. There are lots of guys already in the league looking for jobs who are much larger than Acy who can do that stuff.

Comment

• I like Acy, so no problem with the pick, but I agree he's an Amir clone at best. He'll be a useful player, even a fan favourite, but better players where available, like Will Barton. Maybe AJohnson will be traded?

Comment

• if nash on the down side of his carreer can take the scrubs he had with the suns to the playoffs just think what he may be able to achieve with our roster.. i dont see an issue here unless we way over pay. wed basicly be swapping Jose for nash.. its a no brainer if u ask me..
                            as for Lowry, he may have all the tools but mentaly he is a tool...how many GM's & coaches are going to want him around after the knuckle head comments hes made already about his current coach..hes basicly whinned his way into a corner & i for one hope he rides the pine for a while till he grows up a bit...

Comment

• knickz wrote: View Post
                              I don't even know what to say about my beloved raptors anymore. Brian Colangelo must go or we will continue to be the laughing stock of the nba. I will not support this team if management waste money on Steve Nash.
                              I actually don't think they will tank it again. Last season was pushing it in lockout shortened season.

Bobcats tanked and did not even get #1.

Another high lottery pick will certainly spell doom for BC that is why they took a guy who is 21 not 19.
                              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• knickz wrote: View Post
                                They only want nash to put asses in the seats. Just another year of being the joke of the nba. Skip baseless made fun of us tonight
                                yes they do think we are stupid... and in some cases they are right.

Do you see the raptors season tix commercials (losers)
                                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                                X