View Poll Results: (When) Should the Raps fire BC?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediately

4 7.69%
  • If we lose out on Nash and finish in the lotto next year

11 21.15%
  • I still trust him, don't foresee a firing.

37 71.15%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Wooooooooooo, what does being Italian have to do with his picks? Yeah, take a deep breath!
    Also, what does being Italian have to do with being fat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    I'm so pissed off about this pick I may actually move out of my parent's basement.
    That was good for a laugh out of me. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Also, what does being Italian have to do with being fat?
    Spaghetti&meatballs!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard Austin Rivers say at the NO news conf. "this is the city I most wanted to play in" (paraphrase). Lol. Everyone who believes he would have said that in TO... please raise their hands.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Just heard Austin Rivers say at the NO news conf. "this is the city I most wanted to play in" (paraphrase). Lol. Everyone who believes he would have said that in TO... please raise their hands.
    Yeah he schmoozes to the max.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote oldmanweldon wrote: View Post
    Ed was taken 13th in one of the worst drafts in NBA history. He's not a bust if he plays to expectations, and all that was reasonably expected of him was solid rotation player. He's also 23. Writing him off after two crummy-ish seasons is like declaring your child will never be a biologist because he failed a 2nd grade science test.
    Thanks "Old man". I agree 100%. Finally some wisdom.
    Lets not forget: Ed has yet to have a full training camp. Will Ed ever be an all star? Who knows. Probably not. But what is wrong if a 13 pick gives you a double double as a 4 or 5 starter or 6th man?

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed Davis has 2 sides, right and left.

Left hand: B- now, with potential to improve

Right hand: SCRUB

This guy cannot catch, make a shot, dribble, dunk, layup, do anything with his right. His left hand is a different story. Two worlds.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just looking back on some of my old posts (different forum) and I found a post I made back in February about Ross. Basically, I had him ranked as the #2 SG. This was before NCAA tournament, and before draft interviews, workouts and combine. Obviously a few guys rocketed up during those various stages leading up to the draft, so my ranking probably looks silly right now, but in terms of scouting that DraftExpress and NBADraft and college basketball stats, here's what I had (as of February 6, 2012):

1. Jeremy Lamb
    2. Terrence Ross
    3. Austin Rivers
    4. Bradley Beal
    5. Evan Fournier

But still it's not to say I expected Ross to be picked, I had him way back in the teens and considered him a sleeper by the time the draft rolled around. I mean looking at my avatar it's clear I did not expect Ross to be a Raptor. I'm just saying I wasn't total shock when it happened and that I'm excited to see what Ross can do for us. I am not or ever have been a fan of DeRozan, either this pick will replace him, or set a fire in him to start playing better.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post

1. Jeremy Lamb
    2. Terrence Ross
    3. Austin Rivers
    4. Bradley Beal
    5. Evan Fournier
    Rivers ahead of Beal? I guess your methodology is based upon weather maps and 20 sided dice?

I like Ross, ut didn't expect him either, but only because I was hoping for Lillard, who only shot up in the last couple of weeks, so I had Lillard-tunnel-vision.

I'm so glad we didn't draft Barnes, Rivers or Drummond that Ross will certainly be a favourite player of mine for years to come, since whatever he does or doesn't do, he prevented us from drafting a franchise killer.

He seems like a serviceable player too, so that's a bonus.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Should the Raptors fire Bryan Colangelo?

Seems like a appropriate time to take the temperature in the room here. His moves are getting lambasted on twitter, and the guy's been a laughing stock in the media for a while now. Super-risky moves after a few years of youth/rebuilding.

3 Choices. Immediately, after he bombs this summer & next season is another tanking effort, or the incomprehensible "i still trust him" option.

I'm going with immediately. Feilds is a zero, and BC's spent 2 of our last 4 lotto picks on 2-gaurds. Even if we get Nash at the number reported, we're basically given max money to the Nash/Fields combo. Given that Fields is not good enough to see the floor for a contender, we're paying max money for Steve Nash at 39, 40, and 41 years of age. That's a disaster that will set back the youth/rebuilding movement by another 1/2 decade. Add in the talk of amnestying Jose, getting nothing out of Davis & Derozen picks, getting stuck in the lotto for 4 straight years with zero improvement, all the horrible trades trying to appease Bosh (JO anyone?), failure to retain Bosh, continued failure to address team needs (rebounding), and the fact that Raps TV and Raps coverage in general are terrible.... all this adds up to fire-worthiness.

Interested to see the responses from others.

Post Thanks / Like

I see just as many positive/complimentary comments on Twitter. Could his moves backfire? Of course, but they are just as likely to wind up looking as brilliant, strategic moves.

$6.7M for Fields isn't too crazy (cheaper than Amir!). Plus, he could always trade him in 2 years as a 26 year old SG on an expiring $10M contract... which would mean he only played 2 seasons with Toronto @ $5M per season, which be pretty good for a young, solid rotation player. Or NYK could match, so the contract becomes a moot point. Either way, match or not, the offer sheet alone could be enough to eliminate NYK from contention for Nash. It all depends how you look at it and what else happens (or is prevented from happening).

I don't get the idea of judging BC (or anybody else) based on individual moves in a vacuum. First it was the draft pick, then the Nash pursuit, now the Fields offer sheet (which isn't even a signing yet!)... lets just all take a big, deep breath, and wait until the offseason is over to evaluate all of BC's moves on the whole.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another rage post by No Ban, so no point reading it since I already know it's probably something pathetically stupid! I'll just vote for B) If we lose out on Nash and finish in the lotto next year or C) I still trust him, don't foresee a firing.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think BC is making the best of whats avail. to him, lets face it other then nash theres no other top tier talent on the market that 1 would come here & 2. makes sense for us.. im liking the direction.. hopefully everything falls into place..if so the future looks brighter already..by the way NoBan.. your negative posts only fuel the sane rational people here to realize that things are looking better already.. LOL BC is doing his job just fine if u ask me..

Post Thanks / Like

The dealing has not finished yet. This is a poll better suited for at least September at the earliest. It is much too premature

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing I give credit for is considering absolutely every option. I didn't see anywhere either in the fan community or in the media where anyone had even discussed the possibility of a Fields offer sheet as a way of blocking NYK of acquiring Nash, yet it makes sense on a few levels. I don't like every move that he makes (for example, I would have preferred the Raps to go hard after Lowry rather than Nash, and I'll be really pissed off if we end up with Lin). He's done exceedingly well at extracting himself from his mistakes (Jermaine O'Neal, and Turkoglu).
    Do I think he's automatically earned a contract extension at this point? Nope, still much more work to do. But any measurement of his performance needs to be far more nuanced than playoff appearance + Nash. If he's drafted a future all-star in Valanciunas, that's a huge plus. Same thing if Ross exceeds early expectations. If he misses out on Nash but finds another solid PG that looks like a good part of the core, that's huge, even if we miss the playoffs next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quirk wrote: View Post
    Rivers ahead of Beal? I guess your methodology is based upon weather maps and 20 sided dice?

I like Ross, ut didn't expect him either, but only because I was hoping for Lillard, who only shot up in the last couple of weeks, so I had Lillard-tunnel-vision.

I'm so glad we didn't draft Barnes, Rivers or Drummond that Ross will certainly be a favourite player of mine for years to come, since whatever he does or doesn't do, he prevented us from drafting a franchise killer.

He seems like a serviceable player too, so that's a bonus.
    I don't know if you've been living under a rock for the past year or what but Beal's stock didn't rise until after his strong finish to the college basketball season.

Post Thanks / Like

Board is a glass case of emotion lately
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

By responding to option 3 (most popular by a vast majority), you guys are stating that you want BC around even if we are in the lotto for a 5th straight year? Really? 5 years and zero playoff games is not worthy of firing the GM?

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    By responding to option 3 (most popular by a vast majority), you guys are stating that you want BC around even if we are in the lotto for a 5th straight year? Really? 5 years and zero playoff games is not worthy of firing the GM?
    Where did option 3 state that we would be in the lottery again? Pissed because no one agrees with you?

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No. He deserves a raise.....

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information