View Poll Results: (When) Should the Raps fire BC?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediately

    4 7.69%
  • If we lose out on Nash and finish in the lotto next year

    11 21.15%
  • I still trust him, don't foresee a firing.

    37 71.15%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 391

Thread: Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
    Defend Bryan Colangelo as much as you want but drafting Drummond was obviously the smartest decision even if he had no plans of keeping him. His trade value alone is enough to warant the pick. Let's hope Ross is worth being taken over Rivers and Lamb also. Hey, you never know, maybe some sort of deal offers some insight into this pick...cause it simply makes zero sense as of right now.
    My guess is a lot of things don't make a whole lot of sense to you.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    I love how everyone looks at mock drafts and got pissed when it didn't pan out exactly how the mocks predicted. Ross is by far the 2nd best SF in the draft and has a ton of potential with little downside
    1. MKG
    2. Harrison Barnes.
    3. its a coin toss!

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    I love how everyone looks at mock drafts and got pissed when it didn't pan out exactly how the mocks predicted. Ross is by far the 2nd best SF in the draft and has a ton of potential with little downside
    He is not better than Barnes.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ROOSSSSSS!!!!

    Yes. yes! Fantastic pick.

    I posted earlier today about the complete nonsense of drafting Harrison Barnes. For everyone who hates this pick...I'm assuming you'd have preferred Harrison Barnes? Why, exactly? Because he's famous and was slotted higher?

    Let's be clear here:

    Last season Terrence Ross, compared to Harrison Barnes: shot a better percentage across the board (2FG, 3FG, FG, FT). He rebounded better, dished out more assists, stole more balls, and blocked more shots. You want to criticize Ross, perhaps, because he might not be the best shot creator...I guess? Well, just watch Harrison Barnes' last NCAA tournament for a lesson in how NOT to create your own offense. Ross is the just the better player.

    Terrence Ross. For the win. Excellent, excellent pick. The pick is gutsy like the tin man in a rain storm, but it's the right pick. For the second year in a row.
    Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Thu Jun 28th, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    ROOSSSSSS!!!!

    Yes. yes! Fantastic pick.

    I posted earlier today about the complete nonsense of drafting Harrison Barnes. For everyone who hates this pick...I'm assuming you'd have preferred Harrison Barnes? Why, exactly? Because he's famous and was slotted higher?

    Let's be clear here:

    Last season Terrence Ross, compared to Harrison Barnes: shot a better percentage across the board (2FG, 3FG, FG, FT). He rebounded better, dished out more assists, store more balls, and blocked more shots. You want to criticize Ross, perhaps, because he might not be the best shot creator...I guess? Well, just watch Harrison Barnes' last NCAA tournament for a lesson in how NOT to create your own offense. Ross is the just the better player.

    Terrence Ross. For the win. Excellent, excellent pick. The pick is gutsy like the tin man in a rain storm, but it's the right pick. For the second year in a row.
    I was kinda high on Barnes. I hope you're right...

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I was kinda high on Barnes. I hope you're right...
    Why though were you high on Barnes? I haven't read a single article that suggest he's anywhere near as good as his reputation suggests. On the flip side, I've read several convincing articles suggesting he's actually been way overrated.
    Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Thu Jun 28th, 2012 at 09:46 PM.

  7. #27
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Whatever happened to choosing best overall talent over need?! it seems to me that Drummond would have been the right choice for this pick.
    How can you say he didn't? Can you please take a picture of Colangelo's official draft board and post it here? Thanks.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And for the record...Ross is more a 2 guard than he is a small forward.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Rookie meductic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    meductic
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm relieved that the Lowry thing didn't happen, I tell you that.
    Or Rivers... and all of the above except he is not a shot creator. That is a percieved fault. But noted for his attitude.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    How can you say he didn't? Can you please take a picture of Colangelo's official draft board and post it here? Thanks.
    Can you please say that he did?!

    And I like how you changed the name of this thread from "fire BC" to "Fire Colangelo because he doesn't agree with the mock draft". How about you get it right instead and agree to say " Fire Colangelo because of his 6 mediocre years track record of the Toronto Raptors due to bad decisions and missed oppertuinities"

  11. #31
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Can you please say that he did?!

    And I like how you changed the name of this thread from "fire BC" to "Fire Colangelo because he doesn't agree with the mock draft". How about you get it right instead and agree to say " Fire Colangelo because of his 6 mediocre years track record of the Toronto Raptors due to bad decisions and missed oppertuinities"
    I can't say either because I wasn't at the workouts. It would be ignorant for me to slam a guy who has a proven draft track record when I only have access to a small fraction of information that he has.

    I think the title of the thread is valid now. Let's face it, if Chad Ford was telling us that Terence Ross was the 3rd best player in the draft there would be a "Let's have a parade for Colangelo" thread in here right now. Like I said about a hundred times leading up to the draft, these mock draft guys get it wrong at a ridiculously high rate so why all the respect?

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Drafts are always a crapshoot. So it's silly to even speculate on what Ross is going to become. He could be the next Tracy McGrady just as easily as he could be the next Flip Murray. So I don't want to dump on anyone's pick (although when you have a chance to take a guy with a bad back that will probably eat himself out of the league to replace Kevin Garnett, you have to take it). But there are 3 things that concern me with this pick:

    1. It seems that the Raps drafted for need over talent. On a team that was 20 games under .500 and has no elite talent at any of the positions, at this point they really shouldn't be drafting for need at this point.

    2. The "Raps have Valanciunas" argument to not draft Drummond is so flawed it's not funny. It's not like Jonas put up 20 and 10 last year in the NBA. He's played 0 minutes and he's not Anthony Davis. You draft a guy who people want and if you don't get what you want, well, you have an elite talent. Find out who's better. If they BOTH pan out, great, then you can trade one of then. If not, well, it's not like you were winning the title anyway. If you're going to take a flyer, take one that could end up being a dominant big man.

    3. I know this might be moot, because I have a feeling Nash is going to sign a max offer with the Raps, just so the Raps can make me experience the flesh burning from me, but if you're Nash, do you really want to go to a team where there are 2 rookie starters, a shooting guard who is a terrible defender with no handles and a PF who might be the worst help defender in the league? At some point, don't you look at Portland, that can offer comparable money? Or even New Orleans, who's builing a hell of roster?

    (That's not even getting into the train of thought that they just drafted the replacement for DeRozan, as he's a free agent next year)

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If Terrence Ross' last name was Rivers, there would be a lot less complaining going on

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Rookie oldmanweldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Can you please say that he did?!
    Interesting rebuttal. What are your thoughts on your being rubber and his being glue?

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm relieved that the Lowry thing didn't happen, I tell you that.

    that makes 2 of us

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hmmmm...seems like no ones grabbed pj3 yet, you guys think we could still nab him?

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
    Hmmmm...seems like no ones grabbed pj3 yet, you guys think we could still nab him?
    That would be a solid pickup! Can't believe nobodys taken him.. that injury is taking its toll apparently

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I can't say either because I wasn't at the workouts. It would be ignorant for me to slam a guy who has a proven draft track record when I only have access to a small fraction of information that he has..
    Proven track record?! has any of the Raptors Colangelo drafted made the all star team?!

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think the title of the thread is valid now. Let's face it, if Chad Ford was telling us that Terence Ross was the 3rd best player in the draft there would be a "Let's have a parade for Colangelo" thread in here right now.
    That's B.S and you know it. Can you honestly say that you put your faith in Colangelo thinking that this Ross guy is the 8th best player in the draft and will have a better career then Drummond?!

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have no doubts that the Raptors are not looking at Terrence Ross to start at the 3 spot next season. Almost certainly will the Raptors continue looking for someone for the small forward. Ross will begin as a backup 2, most likely. If you think Derozan is undersized for the 3...he outweighs Ross by over 20lbs. Restated: Ross will get his minutes at the 2. At least in the early goings.

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic Rookie oldmanweldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Did anyone watch Ross play? Those highlight videos always look the same too me. It is exciting to have someone who can 1. shoot threes, and 2. work hard on the defensive end. I've read his measurements are pretty average, so he might have a tough time defending bigger SFs.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •