Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Terrence Ross going OFF in theses two games

From what I see from the first video, I can see I problem I have with him that most Rookies have. When he's hot from the three point line, I feel like sometimes he'll keep jacking them up to keep him hot. It's nice to see that his jumpshot is impressive but I would also like it if he can penetrate the paint a little more. But I guess that's something that he needs to work more on. Along with attacking the paint more, he would need to bulk up a little more, build more muscle and get strong. If he can do that in this next two year or so, I think he can be a seriously good starter in the NBA.

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
      Well, BC mentioned in the presser that he had offers to trade OUT of the draft, but no offers to trade down.

I wanna know what offers were made, but I guess we'll never know.

It's easy to say we should have traded down, but I'm imagining there was no feasible deal in place.

Dion Waiters was a reach at #4, so I don't feel as bad. I guess the concern is we drafted a guy at 8 whose potential does not seem to live up to all-star level, but you never know. Jonas is another rookie with a lot of promise, so picking safe, which means picking a guy who has the tools to be an impact starter is alright.
      It's best not to know about the offers made to us cuz it's best not to know what could have been. As for Dion Waiter, I still feel like he's all hype. I can understand the D Wade comparison on the penetration, but I feel like the expectations of him will eventually get the best of him. He'll be a solid starter in the NBA, but definitely not as good as people have said he will be.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Terrence Ross fills a need of talent, perimeter shooting, and potential. He was the BPA on BC's board, and filled in a couple holes. So I agree.

If anything with the lineup of now, a starting line of Jose, Terrence, Demar, Andrea, and Jonas doesn't look playoff run, but looks well enough to compete for an 8th spot.
        I'm still not sold on Demar playing the SF spot...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          I'm still not sold on Demar playing the SF spot...
          Positions are numbers, its wing position.

Anyways, Dwane Casey sarcastically mentioned that Demar now looks like a power forward... But it was a way to say Demar built muscle..

I don't care anymore, the only thing that really is a downside is if he plays small forward is his strength, but he's athletic, which a good number of the non-elite small forwards aren't.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Wonder how DD feels about the competition and what might be. I also would not be shocked if Ross is traded in a deal for a SF.
            We'll learn a lot about DeRozan now because of this move. Will he take this competition as incentive to grow/change or will he grow discontented if Ross starts earning heavy minutes from Casey.

I personally think DeRozan is the kind of guy that will keep working hard, improving his game and working with his teammates, new and old.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              We'll learn a lot about DeRozan now because of this move. Will he take this competition as incentive to grow/change or will he grow discontented if Ross starts earning heavy minutes from Casey.

I personally think DeRozan is the kind of guy that will keep working hard, improving his game and working with his teammates, new and old.
              Personally I don't think DD feel threatened by this move. I think they complement each other very well and I feel that DeMar see that too. There will be no SG controversy
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Let's hope they connect in the off-season and start working together. If DeRozan wants to take on a leadership role he needs to reach out to the rookies. Bargnani needs to as well.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                  Bet did you think he was worth the 8th pick? I knew he was a good talent, and I figured he could have a rookie year like a fellow Washington player, WSU,s Klay Thompson, but I thought 8 may be a reach.
                  At the end of the day I don't care it was at 8. Ideally trading down and getting him but would only get a minor piece and risk not getting him at all.
                  The guy I wanted us to draft we did. I'm happy.

Comment

On the bright side, derozan may to have to compete for minutes. Not exactly happy with this pick (time will tell), but I like his attitude so far from the interviews.
                    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                      It's best not to know about the offers made to us cuz it's best not to know what could have been. As for Dion Waiter, I still feel like he's all hype. I can understand the D Wade comparison on the penetration, but I feel like the expectations of him will eventually get the best of him. He'll be a solid starter in the NBA, but definitely not as good as people have said he will be.
                      My suspicion is Lowry for the 8th pick. BC didn't bite because he seemed to have zeroed in on Ross + the possibility of signing Nash. Like he said, there were offers to move out of the draft, but not down.
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                        lol I love how, just a 24 hours ago, everyone was pissed off and hated the pick. And all of a sudden everyone loves Ross. I guess this happens after every single draft night as a Raptors fan with an unpredictable BC.
                        It's funny how that works, eh? (When ignorance is replaced with knowledge)

Comment

• Been a supporter of T-Ross for a while. I was the one who first put up that video of him working out for the draft. I've been watching a lot of video of him on YouTube. There is actually a lot of game footage of his team. The thing that I realize about him is that his really going to going to benefit from playing with a pass-first PG(Calderon/Nash). Tony Wroten spends most of possession looking for his and taking real bad shots

-Terrence Ross' 0.995 overall PPP ranks eighth of the 18 wing prospects, and he's doing so on the seventh-highest number of possessions per game at 16.3. Ross stands out most with his second-best 1.389 PPS on shots around the basket, though he also posted a respectable seventh-best 1.184 PPS on jumpers, speaking to his versatility. Given his ability to score efficiently as a jump shooter and likewise do so getting to the basket off the ball, Ross has a nice groundwork of skills for a role playing wing at the next level, and could use them to help find a niche early.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1zOYUWtjd
                          http://www.draftexpress.com
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            It's funny how that works, eh? (When ignorance is replaced with knowledge)
                            Very well said Nil. Thats exactly what it is.

I remember on draft night telling people to just CHILL and actually think about the pick, and the player, we just got.
                            Lo and behold, majority have come to accept the pick as at least not being a ridiculous reach.

TRoss can ball. And when its "Terrence Time" (as they say at Washington) in Toronto, Raptors fans are going to LOVE this kid.

("Terrence Time in Toronto" ... oh thats good. The alliteration is too perfect.)
                            Last edited by Joey; Sun Jul 1, 2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• I think many were disappointed in the pick due to the fact he wasn't mentioned very much. Part of that comes from playing for UW. Part of it because the Raptors did not make much of a big deal out of him as they did with Rivers. Fans were caught off guard. Personally, I wanted a bigger talent/name from the draft but I did follow him for the most part of last year and was pretty impressed. I posted the video in the draft thread of that lob 360 dunk (although some at the time weren't impressed - lol).

Something else I thought about regarding people saying he was too small and had to bulk up: he was the lowest body fat % at the combine with something like 3.1 or 3.2%.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Very well said Nil. Thats exactly what it is.

I remember on draft night telling people to just CHILL and actually think about the pick, and the player, we just got.
                                Lo and behold, majority have come to accept the pick as at least not being a ridiculous reach.

TRoss can ball. And when its "Terrence Time" (as they say at Washington) in Toronto, Raptors fans are going to LOVE this kid.

("Terrence Time in Toronto" ... oh thats good. The alliteration is too perfect.)
                                If he sucks, let's go for Terrible Terrence.
                                If he's good, we can also go for Ross the Boss; if he makes Bargnani play better we can go for Pasta Sauce.

Ok, it's not much, but that's all I got.

Comment

Working...
                                X