No announcement yet.

Welcome Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't infer what his plan is from a single draft pick.

That being said, this pick is contrary to his draft history in Phoenix. Remember, Marion and Amar'e were definitely 'upside picks'.

Comment

Single pick? he's picked DeRozan, Ed, Jonas, and Ross...
      4 players that are part of this core right now

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
        You can't infer what his plan is from a single draft pick.

That being said, this pick is contrary to his draft history in Phoenix. Remember, Marion and Amar'e were definitely 'upside picks'.
        Well, we've got the Nash rumours that no one is denying. Bargs isn't going anywhere. And they've talked about shooters on the wing since the end of the season and just drafted one. Doesn't seem very complicated from where I sit. Again, I confess to having no clue what Colangelo is doing (I haven't since 2006) but it doesn't strike me as absurd speculation.

Comment

I don't think Ed Davis will be with that team much longer. I don't see him as a core guy. Casey praised a lot of the young guys last summer but he left Ed out. I marked it then as odd. Then the season came, Ed just didn't seem to fit and he struggled to get consistent minutes. He just doesn't seem to fit and I see Amir staying and Ed going if it's just one of them on the way out.

Comment

Yep. Among the guys I could see gone, in order of odds they go: Davis; Calderon; J. Johnson; Derozan (+Bayless/Weems/Forbes). To get a starting SF, that's some good assets.
            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              Well, we've got the Nash rumours that no one is denying. Bargs isn't going anywhere. And they've talked about shooters on the wing since the end of the season and just drafted one. Doesn't seem very complicated from where I sit. Again, I confess to having no clue what Colangelo is doing (I haven't since 2006) but it doesn't strike me as absurd speculation.
              Let's see...
              he's going back toward his Phoenix formula that he tried to emulate here from 06-08. Nash, an offensive big in the pick and roll, surrounded by shooters. The x-factor, presumably, will be Casey's defensive strategy/tactics. It's a long way from completion but at least there appears to be some sort of plan, unlike the last 4 years....
              Phoenix didn't really have a plethora of good shooters back then. Only Raja Bell and Barbosa come to mind, unless you want to count Joe Johnson.

What they had was a young, super athletic core who could make plays in transition.

Comment

After seeing a player like Shane Battier have such a successful Finals. I can't be more happy about this pick. Player that can play D and be a knock down shooter is gold in this league. I feel like T-Ross has a way higher ceiling than that. If his floor is a Shane Battier than I'll be a happy raptor fan
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Hey guys, I'm not sure if anyone read this today but I thought this was pretty interesting on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ecame-a-raptor
                  #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
                    Hey guys, I'm not sure if anyone read this today but I thought this was pretty interesting on ESPN:

Just to point out that you will always find the best info here, that article quotes the exact site you are looking at

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post

Yeah good read
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I’d also offer that the media’s perspective of player values is interesting, but it doesn’t always align with pro team’s perspectives – and one of those two enjoys a significant information advantage by virtue of the resources invested into the draft process.

If you look back historically, I think you’ll find that the real decisions (actual drafts) fare better in terms of assessing player value than the media projections (mock drafts). Neither is perfect, but one has less error than the other.

This is exactly what I've been saying in here the past day. The media gets it wrong every year but they're not held accountable, general managers will be if they're wrong. If Ford and Hollinger are so great then why are they sitting on the sideline?

Comment

Terrence Ross, 6-7 forward, Washington: "Maybe the biggest sleeper in the draft. He's athletic, he shoots it, he's competitive. His basketball I.Q. is a question, but that wouldn't concern me. One of the best shooters I've seen. He can really stroke it. He's far away physically, but he can put on strength. I like that he gets in his stance and tries to guard."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1zFzIdiAN
                          Interesting...

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                            Interesting...
                            Hmm nice find. Very interesting. And that was all before the draft took place.

Comment

lol I love how, just a 24 hours ago, everyone was pissed off and hated the pick. And all of a sudden everyone loves Ross. I guess this happens after every single draft night as a Raptors fan with an unpredictable BC.

Comment

Terrence Ross NIT

Terrence Ross going OFF in theses two games

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X