Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Terrence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

You can't infer what his plan is from a single draft pick.

That being said, this pick is contrary to his draft history in Phoenix. Remember, Marion and Amar'e were definitely 'upside picks'.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Single pick? he's picked DeRozan, Ed, Jonas, and Ross...
    4 players that are part of this core right now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    You can't infer what his plan is from a single draft pick.

That being said, this pick is contrary to his draft history in Phoenix. Remember, Marion and Amar'e were definitely 'upside picks'.
    Well, we've got the Nash rumours that no one is denying. Bargs isn't going anywhere. And they've talked about shooters on the wing since the end of the season and just drafted one. Doesn't seem very complicated from where I sit. Again, I confess to having no clue what Colangelo is doing (I haven't since 2006) but it doesn't strike me as absurd speculation.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Ed Davis will be with that team much longer. I don't see him as a core guy. Casey praised a lot of the young guys last summer but he left Ed out. I marked it then as odd. Then the season came, Ed just didn't seem to fit and he struggled to get consistent minutes. He just doesn't seem to fit and I see Amir staying and Ed going if it's just one of them on the way out.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Among the guys I could see gone, in order of odds they go: Davis; Calderon; J. Johnson; Derozan (+Bayless/Weems/Forbes). To get a starting SF, that's some good assets.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Well, we've got the Nash rumours that no one is denying. Bargs isn't going anywhere. And they've talked about shooters on the wing since the end of the season and just drafted one. Doesn't seem very complicated from where I sit. Again, I confess to having no clue what Colangelo is doing (I haven't since 2006) but it doesn't strike me as absurd speculation.
    Let's see...
    he's going back toward his Phoenix formula that he tried to emulate here from 06-08. Nash, an offensive big in the pick and roll, surrounded by shooters. The x-factor, presumably, will be Casey's defensive strategy/tactics. It's a long way from completion but at least there appears to be some sort of plan, unlike the last 4 years....
    Phoenix didn't really have a plethora of good shooters back then. Only Raja Bell and Barbosa come to mind, unless you want to count Joe Johnson.

What they had was a young, super athletic core who could make plays in transition.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After seeing a player like Shane Battier have such a successful Finals. I can't be more happy about this pick. Player that can play D and be a knock down shooter is gold in this league. I feel like T-Ross has a way higher ceiling than that. If his floor is a Shane Battier than I'll be a happy raptor fan
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I'm not sure if anyone read this today but I thought this was pretty interesting on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ecame-a-raptor
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RPT23 wrote: View Post
    Hey guys, I'm not sure if anyone read this today but I thought this was pretty interesting on ESPN:

Just to point out that you will always find the best info here, that article quotes the exact site you are looking at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RPT23 wrote: View Post

Yeah good read
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

I’d also offer that the media’s perspective of player values is interesting, but it doesn’t always align with pro team’s perspectives – and one of those two enjoys a significant information advantage by virtue of the resources invested into the draft process.

If you look back historically, I think you’ll find that the real decisions (actual drafts) fare better in terms of assessing player value than the media projections (mock drafts). Neither is perfect, but one has less error than the other.

This is exactly what I've been saying in here the past day. The media gets it wrong every year but they're not held accountable, general managers will be if they're wrong. If Ford and Hollinger are so great then why are they sitting on the sideline?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrence Ross, 6-7 forward, Washington: "Maybe the biggest sleeper in the draft. He's athletic, he shoots it, he's competitive. His basketball I.Q. is a question, but that wouldn't concern me. One of the best shooters I've seen. He can really stroke it. He's far away physically, but he can put on strength. I like that he gets in his stance and tries to guard."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1zFzIdiAN
    Interesting...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Interesting...
    Hmm nice find. Very interesting. And that was all before the draft took place.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I love how, just a 24 hours ago, everyone was pissed off and hated the pick. And all of a sudden everyone loves Ross. I guess this happens after every single draft night as a Raptors fan with an unpredictable BC.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrence Ross NIT

Terrence Ross going OFF in theses two games

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    lol I love how, just a 24 hours ago, everyone was pissed off and hated the pick. And all of a sudden everyone loves Ross. I guess this happens after every single draft night as a Raptors fan with an unpredictable BC.
    Not me. I've been wanting TRoss as a pick for over 2 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Not me. I've been wanting TRoss as a pick for over 2 months.
    Bet did you think he was worth the 8th pick? I knew he was a good talent, and I figured he could have a rookie year like a fellow Washington player, WSU,s Klay Thompson, but I thought 8 may be a reach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Bet did you think he was worth the 8th pick? I knew he was a good talent, and I figured he could have a rookie year like a fellow Washington player, WSU,s Klay Thompson, but I thought 8 may be a reach.
    I like him too but, 8 was a bit of a reach if we would of traded for the Rockets pick 12 that would of been better. I have a feeling that for that pick the Rockets would want us to take back Lowry and that's pointless seeing that BC excepts to go after Nash.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I like him too but, 8 was a bit of a reach if we would of traded for the Rockets pick 12 that would of been better. I have a feeling that for that pick the Rockets would want us to take back Lowry and that's pointless seeing that BC excepts to go after Nash.
    The Rockets did have additional first round picks. Conceivably the Raps could have offered #8 for #12 and #16 (or #18) for example.

The problem I think is that Bryan did not want an additional first round pick. Casey did go on record prior to the draft stating that they did not want too many rookies on their team next year.

So I think that's why the trade did not happen.
    - We are going after Nash, so Lowry makes no sense.
    - We only wanted one first round pick.

I am not sure if it was the right move. I personally would have preferred a second pick as this lottery had a lot of good players in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    The Rockets did have additional first round picks. Conceivably the Raps could have offered #8 for #12 and #16 (or #18) for example.

The problem I think is that Bryan did not want an additional first round pick. Casey did go on record prior to the draft stating that they did not want too many rookies on their team next year.

So I think that's why the trade did not happen.
    - We are going after Nash, so Lowry makes no sense.
    - We only wanted one first round pick.

I am not sure if it was the right move. I personally would have preferred a second pick as this lottery had a lot of good players in it.
    Who knows, maybe Houston did offer #16 & #18? I read somewhere that a report out of Houston indicated that they were high and Ross and may have drafted him at #12. In that case, trading down 8 spots and picking up a 2nd top-10 1st round pick would have cost BC the guy he wanted. I trust BC made the effort to come away with Ross and another asset, but couldn't find a deal he liked. BC may have many faults, but thoroughness doesn't seem to be one of them, IMO.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information