Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Welcome Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    lol I love how, just a 24 hours ago, everyone was pissed off and hated the pick. And all of a sudden everyone loves Ross. I guess this happens after every single draft night as a Raptors fan with an unpredictable BC.
    It's funny how that works, eh? (When ignorance is replaced with knowledge)
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Been a supporter of T-Ross for a while. I was the one who first put up that video of him working out for the draft. I've been watching a lot of video of him on YouTube. There is actually a lot of game footage of his team. The thing that I realize about him is that his really going to going to benefit from playing with a pass-first PG(Calderon/Nash). Tony Wroten spends most of possession looking for his and taking real bad shots

-Terrence Ross' 0.995 overall PPP ranks eighth of the 18 wing prospects, and he's doing so on the seventh-highest number of possessions per game at 16.3. Ross stands out most with his second-best 1.389 PPS on shots around the basket, though he also posted a respectable seventh-best 1.184 PPS on jumpers, speaking to his versatility. Given his ability to score efficiently as a jump shooter and likewise do so getting to the basket off the ball, Ross has a nice groundwork of skills for a role playing wing at the next level, and could use them to help find a niche early.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1zOYUWtjd
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's funny how that works, eh? (When ignorance is replaced with knowledge)
    Very well said Nil. Thats exactly what it is.

I remember on draft night telling people to just CHILL and actually think about the pick, and the player, we just got.
    Lo and behold, majority have come to accept the pick as at least not being a ridiculous reach.

TRoss can ball. And when its "Terrence Time" (as they say at Washington) in Toronto, Raptors fans are going to LOVE this kid.

("Terrence Time in Toronto" ... oh thats good. The alliteration is too perfect.)
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Jul 1st, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think many were disappointed in the pick due to the fact he wasn't mentioned very much. Part of that comes from playing for UW. Part of it because the Raptors did not make much of a big deal out of him as they did with Rivers. Fans were caught off guard. Personally, I wanted a bigger talent/name from the draft but I did follow him for the most part of last year and was pretty impressed. I posted the video in the draft thread of that lob 360 dunk (although some at the time weren't impressed - lol).

Something else I thought about regarding people saying he was too small and had to bulk up: he was the lowest body fat % at the combine with something like 3.1 or 3.2%.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Very well said Nil. Thats exactly what it is.

I remember on draft night telling people to just CHILL and actually think about the pick, and the player, we just got.
    Lo and behold, majority have come to accept the pick as at least not being a ridiculous reach.

TRoss can ball. And when its "Terrence Time" (as they say at Washington) in Toronto, Raptors fans are going to LOVE this kid.

("Terrence Time in Toronto" ... oh thats good. The alliteration is too perfect.)
    If he sucks, let's go for Terrible Terrence.
    If he's good, we can also go for Ross the Boss; if he makes Bargnani play better we can go for Pasta Sauce.

Ok, it's not much, but that's all I got.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

T.Rex, T_DotFlight31 (his twitter handle), Ross-ome

We can also use the old TR logo for him.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

T Ross the Boss

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we are going for cheesy... DinosauRoss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think many were disappointed in the pick due to the fact he wasn't mentioned very much. Part of that comes from playing for UW. Part of it because the Raptors did not make much of a big deal out of him as they did with Rivers. Fans were caught off guard. Personally, I wanted a bigger talent/name from the draft but I did follow him for the most part of last year and was pretty impressed. I posted the video in the draft thread of that lob 360 dunk (although some at the time weren't impressed - lol).

Something else I thought about regarding people saying he was too small and had to bulk up: he was the lowest body fat % at the combine with something like 3.1 or 3.2%.

Indeed ... I remember actually. I believe this is about when I started to become aware of Terrence-Time in Washington.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Indeed ... I remember actually. I believe this is about when I started to become aware of Terrence-Time in Washington.
    If the Raptors land Nash, DeRozan and Ross are going to have a lot of people eating crow right out of the gate.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If the Raptors land Nash, DeRozan and Ross are going to have a lot of people eating crow right out of the gate.
    +1 Nash does bring the best out of teammates.

Here is a pretty cool Terrence Ross mix I came across on Youtube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    +1 Nash does bring the best out of teammates.

Here is a pretty cool Terrence Ross mix I came across on Youtube

Now whether it can be done at the NBA level remains to be seen (although there is a video out there where he undresses Rasual Butler repeatedly), however the first 15 seconds shows a number of dribble drive/moves people have been waiting on DeMar for the past 2-3 seasons.

Raptors Republic Rookie Demar_8756's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dissapointed in the pick BUT I believe in Dwayne Casey decision, he know's what he's doing, atleast this guy can shoot.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Now whether it can be done at the NBA level remains to be seen (although there is a video out there where he undresses Rasual Butler repeatedly), however the first 15 seconds shows a number of dribble drive/moves people have been waiting on DeMar for the past 2-3 seasons.
    Rasual Butler wearing red shorts, black shirt and black/red shoes
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrence Ross
    ‏@T_DotFlight31

Lol I'm really n the car just chillin wit my two home boys listening to fleetwood mac
    BC... You picked the right guy. I'm proud of you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    BC... You picked the right guy. I'm proud of you
    Love BC or hate him, you have to admire his resolve to not conform to popular opinion - whether among fans or media.

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fleetwood Mac? They were big before TR was born and soft rock at that. Interesting. But then the bowtie was too.

Acy has a pretty good sense of humour I noticed. Good vibe on the personalities of these 2.

Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to think that TRoss is just drooling at the thought of having Nash feeding him the ball for the next three years.

Thread Information