Jose To Be Amnestied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose To Be Amnestied?

Chris Broussard says Raptors may amnesty Jose Calderon to go after Steve Nash.
    Source: Twitter

I think Broussard was just spit-balling. Hardly a rumour with any backbone.

Comment

I think Nash would have to give some sort of guarantee and Colangelo would have to exhaust all trade possibilities. I personally don't think Jose is the kind of asset you simply give away to the open market.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        He said they could to clear more space. It was just an idea not based on anything.

Comment

Consider the source, Broussard is functionally retarded.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Dont blame broussard, blame the idiot who started this thread.

All he said is that they could amnesty calderon to create cap space. He was just talking. Nothing here. People overreact way too much and get caught up on every little detail reporters say. no wonder the internet is so rampant with rumours. Heck, steven A says they should trade Wade, does that mean all of sudden that Wade is gonna be traded????? Its just talk

Comment

I think im still a little hurt from the swift kick in the nuts that was terrence ross.

Certainly was the surprise of the night.

Comment

Not that I care but the media outlets will murder the Raps' draft report card. ESPN cannot mark the Raptors low enough (not that I care what ESPN thinks).
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Broussard is an idiot.

Calderon is a good veteran PG on an expiring contract. He could be traded quite easily I imagine. Oh, and the Raptors could have almost $12M in cap space if they so desired, without having to amnesty anybody.

The ESPN panel was also listing Bargnani as the team's starting C and momentarily mentioned that the Raps were considering trying him out at PF this upcoming season. If only they actually watched a Raptors game or knew anything about the team and its roster.

Bottom line, Broussard's an idiot. Ignore him.

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
                    Dont blame broussard, blame the idiot who started this thread.

All he said is that they could amnesty calderon to create cap space. He was just talking. Nothing here. People overreact way too much and get caught up on every little detail reporters say. no wonder the internet is so rampant with rumours. Heck, steven A says they should trade Wade, does that mean all of sudden that Wade is gonna be traded????? Its just talk
                    You wanna maybe re-phrase those comments?

Comment

Broussard doesn't sound to me like a knowledgable guy, but that's just me being judgmental because he has a funny ass voice I can't take seriously.
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Why would anyone amnesty an expiring contract worth $10M. Many teams looking for financial relief would be looking exactly for this kind of player to trade for. This is a golden opportunity for us to get a special player or a good asset with out having to gut the team.

Comment

If we were to amnesty anyone, it would be either Kleiza or Amir. Jose and his expiring contract -- too valuable. Don't wanna see such a great guy such as Jose go down like that.

His expiring contract would prove valuable. I sense a trade involving Jose and probably James Johnson, DeMar or Ed to net a solid veteran.
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

You never know how crazy/desperate Colangelo is for Nash. I could totally see him amnestying Calderon if trade talks weren't materializing.

Clearly based on this draft, we can confidently conclude that consensus opinion means jack shit to Colangelo.

Comment

Not sure if people are over valuing the merit of an expiring contract. If we trade jose, we have to take back an equal contract (unless that team has cap room which most teams don't). We don't want another contract. If we're getting rid of Jose, we need another PG who will probably be paid a similar amount of money. We would need the original cap room to make room for an as yet unnamed SF (in a perfect world). FWIW, the retweet of Broussard's comment at the draft was news being made out of broken telephone...however, colangelo on the fan this morning seemed to be referring to Jose in the past tense much more than I have heard before. Do we have to amnesty a player first and then use that cap room to sign someone, or can we sign someone and then make the cap room at some deadline by amnestying a player? Jack, Chrissy or Janet can answer that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X