No announcement yet.

Jose To Be Amnestied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you couldnt have just posted in the thread allready created for this topic??? would that be too hard???

Comment

I don't think BC is that stupid enough to amnesty an expiring contract which is also tradable for sure. We have cap space for 10 mil and im sure that is enough to sign nash. Even if Nash demands couple of mil more than 10 then it is wise to amnesty either linez fukin kleiza or amir(overpaid but a good player). that will leave us signing Nash along with another veteran piece and tradable assets in Ed Davis+ Jose's contract+ James Johnson+ Gary fuking forbes and future picks for RUDY GAY PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        you couldnt have just posted in the thread allready created for this topic??? would that be too hard???
        Amen!

Comment

Hey Mods. Any chance you can edit that title. In these times when everyone's a little twitchy and trigger happy, that title looked like actual news. thx

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
            Amen!
            Sorry guys didn't see the thread at the time, my mistake. Admin can feel free to do what they wish, merge or etc.

Comment

Couldn't they try to do a sign and trade with phoenix and still have the flexibility.
              Nash and Calderon would cancel each other out and then they could even amnesty someone like Johnson.
              Does this go against what Colangelo has said?
              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
              ― John Wooden

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Hey Mods. Any chance you can edit that title. In these times when everyone's a little twitchy and trigger happy, that title looked like actual news. thx
                Agreed. But i guess the reason why the mods have still not changed the title is because they know its coming anyways, why bother? hahahahaha

i saw the interview. and BC was basically short of saying that Calderon is gone. He mentioned possible trades and the word amnesty in the same breath as when he said Calderon's name. Im very convinced that Jose will not be a Raptor come next season.

I do hope when his contract expires, he'll come back to Toronto as a backup.

Comment

Guys, it takes less than a minute to scan the board. If this was done we wouldn't have three Jose amnesty threads. I've merged them all.

Comment

http://www.hoopsworld.com/raptors-to...deron-nash-nex

Colangelo Clarifies Position on Calderon

Since that meeting, Colangelo told HOOPSWORLD that while that was discussed, it was the media present that made the leap to Calderon, and that no decision about Calderon’s future has been made with regard to the amnesty clause.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I think Nash would have to give some sort of guarantee and Colangelo would have to exhaust all trade possibilities. I personally don't think Jose is the kind of asset you simply give away to the open market.
                      +1 That's because he isn't an asset to give away to the open market. Too good of a point guard.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

BC let it slip in the post draft interview that they had been in contact with Jose's representatives. Amnesty was also mentioned. So I would say it isn't out of the realm of possibilities

Comment

I think someone will want Jose Calderon. I think he would be a great asset to get a third team involved in a trade.

Comment

Increasingly appears that Calderon might get the amnesty axe.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...n-gasol-in-l-a

If they do amnesty him that frees up a lot of cap space to sign players or take a player back in a trade ie. Wilson Chandler

Comment

Honestly, I am a little excited for Calderon after reading that. He's been here a long time and had put up with a lot of bad rosters. He's been a class act. Being amnestied would be the best thing to ever happen to his career.

I hope he's traded though all the same.

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
                                Increasingly appears that Calderon might get the amnesty axe.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...n-gasol-in-l-a

If they do amnesty him that frees up a lot of cap space to sign players or take a player back in a trade ie. Wilson Chandler
                                There's some love for Jose in the readers' comments for this article:

Amnestying doesn't help the Lakers out at all...LOL.

Some team WILL bid on his services. It's really only a fantasy for Calderon to go to LAL. ONLY way Calderon goes to LAL is if they work out a trade.
                                7 Minutes Ago

ashley_riot19
                                best fit for calderon amongst teams that have a chance to claim him (LA can't)? New Orleans!
                                pass first pg that can spoon-feed anthony davis, can knock down 3's and midrange j's and would have a big shot blocker in davis if he gets beat off the dribble (which will happen with him and austin rivers a lot).
                                if i'm nola and toronto just amnisties him, i'm putting a bid on him for this year and then trying to get him on a reasonable extension if it works out.

i could also see him in phoenix mentoring...more
                                8 Minutes Ago

YouBLEWWIt
                                If he's Amnestied, NOH will get that shot.
                                6 Minutes Ago

Make It Nashty 13
                                Nash to L.A.? Personally don't want Nash in a Lakers jersey, but it could work out.
                                44 Minutes Ago

Michael Jordans Decisions
                                Why not work out a deal with the Raptors and Wolves

sending Gasol to the Wolves
                                and bringing Calderon & one of their young/talented PF's from Toronto
                                52 Minutes Ago

wilcox1232
                                because the whole point of this is calderon wants to play with gasol and toronto will have to take back cap money which they also cannot do
                                43 Minutes Ago

JoeyDorsey4MVP
                                ? Toronto has no problems paying above the cap money...if they have to.
                                29 Minutes Ago

LakerMaker-007
                                I'd love to see this happen but im doubting it

Keeping our big 3 intact and adding calderon would be awesome.
                                1 Hour Ago

greenca190
                                No way Calderon passes to the Lakers on waivers. Lakers were one of the final 8 teams left in the playoffs. They'll be way far back in the claim order. And Calderon is really $@%!$@% good.
                                32 Minutes Ago

johne_86
                                Wow a player that actually wants to sign with the Lakers, man it's been so depressing for Lakers fan with them seemingly wanting to do nothing. Players not wanting to come to the Lakers it's been nothing but misery for the Lakers since last years cp3 debacle, i really hope stern gets $@%!$@ over the way he screwed the Lakers
                                3 fans like this.
                                1 Hour Ago

dhinkson
                                The Raptors would be stupid to amnesty Calderon..he's pretty good and just giving him away thru the amnesty would be a huge mistake ..
                                1 Hour Ago

wilcox1232
                                have to to get nash its a numbers game id take nash over calderon all day
                                43 Minutes Ago

tadneal
                                I believe under the new CBA rules, trade exceptions can be used as "bids" for amnestied free agents. The Lakers have 8.9 million from Lamar Odom. It looks like Calderon could be coming to L.A. Also, don't be surprised if Rashard Lewis makes his way there too, he was just recently amnesitied as well. The Lakers also have a mini mid-level exception, to attract another player. Lakers could be back in the hunt without making some far-fetched trade.
                                1 Hour Ago

Alexander2081
                                you're wrong. no team over the cap can claim a player off waivers after they've been amnestied. read Larry Coon's cbafaq.com
                                1 Hour Ago

tadneal
                                I read it, but it doesn't say anything specific about trade exceptions. Trade exceptions do not count against the cap when trading for a player, so couldn't L.A. use the 8.9 million to take on Calderon's salary, leaving TOR to pay the remaining 1 million for the year? Not sure on that, thanks for the link.
                                59 Minutes Ago

flavius80
                                One problem, the Lakers wait til the end of free agency to do anything, all the good players will be gone. I see them stuck with the same team unless they make moves asap.
                                16 Minutes Ago

TheFishNet
                                Someone will claim Calderon on amnesty waivers like the Clippers did with Billups last year. Calderon for $2 or so million is a steal. Not the best defender, but he's an excellent point guard. Would be a great fit for a team like the Pacers.
                                1 Hour Ago

BayCityBills
                                As a Raps fan, I agree with this statement to a point. Jose needs a great pick n roll/pop big to play with and a wing who will draw attention and open him up to shoot, which he excels at. He is good at driving, though shies away from it more often than not. he might win the award for most dribbles in a single season and lets the clock tick down too far more often than not. LA would be the most ideal situation without question.
                                1 Hour Ago

Comment

Working...
                                X